Kraghen
    Kraghen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2985

Kansas City Royals +110

I'm very surprised to see that only Betus sees the Royals as a big underdog tonight. Other bookmakers think the Royals are more likely to win :

5dimes odd for KC Royals : -105 / Oakland : -105

Belmont.com ---> KC Royals : -103 / Oakland : -107

Bookmaker.com --> KC Royals : -105 / Oakland : -115

I've decided to bet on the Royals tonight. They badly need to win, especially at home.

What do you think about this game?

Kraghen

Nobody's interested in the Royals?

Fishscale
    Fishscale's Avatar Become A Pro!

I took the A's. KC pitcher is his first start off the dl.

jbrent95
    jbrent95's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1450

I'm on Oakland for a small wager.

Crayzee
    Crayzee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9053

how does a team thats out of it in may need to badly win?

sportsguy04
    [Too Long]
    sportsguy04's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2431

Are the lineups out yet? I like the over.

southpaw74
    southpaw74's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 494

It's A's...the over...or no play. I took the A's smaller so far

slimpickins
    slimpickins's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yeah not sure why they need a win.
    In theory you could say that Oakland needs the win (though they have almost no chance of catching the Rangers)
    but what are the Royal's playing for exactly to avoid last place I guess?

A's seem like the better team that is playing better.
    A's road record and the fact that even the oddsmakers don't know jack about this A's pitcher is the reason for the low line IMO.

Agreed that lineups could be key here. Royals manager hinted he may start resting their better players this week.

sportsguy04
    [Too Long]

http://scores.espn.go.com/mlb/boxsco...as-city-royals

Lineups are out.. What you guys think? Are any starters sitting?

JamesBrown
    JamesBrown's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 312

I'm with ya Kraghen...Lets get this!

Rixsaw
    Rixsaw's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 96

Quote Originally Posted by Crayzee View Post
    how does a team thats out of it in may need to badly win?
    My thoughts exactly. Neither teams need this win. If anything, A's pitcher want to pitch well to impress his new employer and hope for a spot on next year rotation. The best thing to do is check where the money is and bet accordingly.

slimpickins

nothing major with the lineups.
    If I were on the A's (which I am) I am disappointed to see Kouz still out but he was out for the last few days and listed as questionable for this game to begin with.
    Iwamura ; they just picked up last night and he is starting today ; not a bad player all things considered.

If I were on the Royals (which I am not) I would be disappointed that B. Pena is sitting (C that has been hot) but not only that so is Kendall so the 3rd string C is starting. Would rather have Gordan and Maier out there than Dyson and Miller as well.
    Overall somewhat smaller players though and it is lefty starting for the A's so some of the Royal OF's were bound to flip flop.
    DeJesus being injured hurts them but that is not new news.

PharaohUB
    PharaohUB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11494

i'm taking the A's. They have more to play for. They will want to help this guy get his first win. Really cool story behind him. See below.

Cramer Added To A's Roster

The Oakland A's announced on Friday that left-hander Bobby Cramer has been added to the team's 40-man roster, with infielder Adam Rosales being moved to the 60-day disabled list. Cramer, who had been in the Triple-A Sacramento River Cats' rotation, is likely to start for the A's next week in the place of right-hander Vince Mazzaro, who was optioned to Sacramento in a surprise move earlier this week.
    Cramer's path to the big leagues has been far from ordinary. While pitching for Long Beach State in 2002, Cramer injured his elbow and had Tommy John surgery. He would sign with the Tampa Bay Devil Rays that season and pitched for the Devil Rays' A-ball teams in 2003 and 2004. Despite posting ERAs in the threes at three different A-ball levels, Cramer was released by Tampa during spring training 2005.
    Following his release, Cramer was out of baseball, taking a job with Shell Oil and later as a substitute high school teacher, teaching math. Craig Weissman, the scout who signed Cramer out of college, had joined the A's scouting staff and kept trying to convince Cramer to return to baseball and pitch for the A's. Weissman finally succeeded during the 2007.
    Cramer joined the High-A Stockton Ports midway through that season and he quickly became one of the Ports' best pitchers. In 45 innings, he posted a 3.80 ERA and had a more than 4:1 K:BB ratio. He was promoted to Double-A Midland, where he performed even better, posting a 1.89 ERA in 52.1 innings. He made a start for the River Cats that post-season.
    Cramer seemed poised to make the jump to Triple-A full-time in 2008, but a sore left shoulder limited him in winter ball and eventually led to his release by the A's. Cramer spent the entire 2008 season pitching in the Golden Baseball League, an independent league, where he had a 3.88 ERA and 95 strike-outs in 92.2 innings for his hometown Orange County Flyers. He would follow-up that showing with a standout season in the Puerto Rican Winter League.
    Now healthy, Cramer was re-signed by the A's for the 2009 season. He began the year with Sacramento, but struggled for the first time in his career in the A's organization. In six outings, he had a 6.43 ERA and eight walks in 14 innings. Cramer was sent all the way back to Stockton temporarily, where he allowed only a run in 5.2 innings. Eventually, he settled in on the Rockhounds' roster. In 43 innings, he had a 3.35 ERA, but he saw his season once again cut short by injury.
    Before the start of the 2010 season, Cramer's contract was loaned out by the A's to a team in the Mexican Summer League, the Quintana Roo Tigres in Cancun. Cramer led the Mexican League in wins (13), WHIP (1.12), complete games (5) and shut-outs (3). He was also the league's strike-out king and he had a 123:27 K:BB and a 2.95 ERA in 128 innings. At the conclusion of the Mexican League season, the A's re-acquired Cramer and added him to the Sacramento rotation.
    The Southern California native picked up just where he left off in Mexico upon joining the River Cats. In seven starts, Cramer had a 1.94 ERA and 35 strike-outs against 11 walks over 41.2 innings. Six of those 11 walks came in one start, as he walked no more than one batter in any of the six other starts. He allowed no more than two runs in any start for Sacramento, as well.
    Cramer will turn 32 this October, making him the oldest pitcher in the A's starting rotation despite having the least major league experience. He will also boast the most unique path to the big leagues.

sportsguy04
    [Too Long]

Good start so far for us OVER people. Hochevar looks like his old bum self.

sportsguy04
    [Too Long]

Cramer's fast ball is only 88-89!

sportsguy04
    [Too Long]

Welcome to the big leagues Cramer. 1st batter =double.

Lets go OVER. Light up these two bums

TheSchafe
    TheSchafe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 462

Put a small play on the Royals. Seemed like somewhat of a value play...let's see how stupid/smart they make me look today.

Kraghen

Well, I hope the Royals will start to win again, they've lost too many games in my teaste. Plus I'm pretty sure they can win even if the A'S have one run in advance.

sportsguy04
    [Too Long]

I think we will see both bullpens by the 5th.

sportsguy04
    [Too Long]

3 errors by KC!

Oakland is up 2-0 with 0 hits haha

iceminers26
    iceminers26's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by sportsguy04 View Post
    3 errors by KC! Oakland is up 2-0 with 0 hits haha
    that's brutal, plus throw in the Royals got 0 after a leadoff double

PharaohUB

2 runs zero hits for oakland. i'll take it!

sportsguy04
    [Too Long]

Need more runs before Hochevar settles in and Cramer gains confidence.

Mr Windy City
    BANNED
    Mr Windy City's Avatar Become A Pro!

if the A's can actually get a hit, they would have 4 or 5 up by now.

sportsguy04
    [Too Long]

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Windy City View Post
    if the A's can actually get a hit, they would have 4 or 5 up by now.
    I agree. Should have 4-5 runs by now.

sportsguy04
    [Too Long]

Cramer is throwing 89 MPH fastballs right down broadway. If Royals had any power they could send that baby gonzo.

PharaohUB

i'm not watching the game, but plenty of good pitchers only have 89-90 mph fastballs? especially lefties. doin alright so far, has only faced the minimum.

iceminers26

Quote Originally Posted by sportsguy04 View Post
    I agree. Should have 4-5 runs by now.
    game should be 1-0 KC IMO, Oak should not have any runs, both runs coming from walks, errors, and a balk...KC on the otherhand should have bunted over and got the sac fly so should be 1-0 or 0-0, no way should either team have 4-5 runs, especially Oak

sportsguy04
    [Too Long]

Hochevar is the ball king.

Kraghen

Well, It's not looking good for my accurescore sidevalue bet on KC Royals. Even though the game is not over I can't deny the A's are more likely to win if they continue batting and pitching like this. I'll try to get my money back on other underdogs.

slimpickins

A's finally get first hit.
    No idea why they picked up Hermida he is garbage, never seen him get a hit in his career in a game I am on his team's side.

Hochevar's wildness will get him out of the game quickly. He hasn't helped himself with an error of his own, a balk and a passed ball.
    KC Bullpen sucks and today their defense is brutal.

iceminers26

Quote Originally Posted by Kraghen View Post
    Well, It's not looking good for my accurescore sidevalue bet on KC Royals. Even though the game is not over I can't deny the A's are more likely to win if they continue batting and pitching like this. I'll try to get my money back on other underdogs.
    its only the B4th, KC will get to this kid big one of these innings and Hoch has only given up 1 hit in 4 innings of work, not his fault the 2 unearned runs

iceminers26

2-1

flood gates open

sportsguy04
    [Too Long]

About time someone takes Cramer's 88MPH fastball down broadway for a HR.

PharaohUB

Quote Originally Posted by Kraghen View Post
    is that like a reverse jinx?

12 Last