beaneaters
    beaneaters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2031

when to runline

With baseball season beginning, I am wondering what parameters you all use in determining whether to bet the moneyline, or the runline. Do you stay with moneyline up to, say -130? -150? I have had the same question in hockey, and still haven't managed to figure it out.
    The only thing I have grasped is that betting home teams on run line is foolhardy, given the chance of only batting in eight innings.
    Appreciate any feedback.

austintx05
    austintx05's Avatar Become A Pro!

there are certain teams you runline with.

red sox, yankees, tigers this season look to be a runline team as well.

I remember stats with the Mets 2 seasons ago, 51 of their wins that year were by 1 run. Be aware of bad pens that will blow your RL bet in the 9th trying to close out a game.

5 star bomb
    5 star bomb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Not a big fan of -1.5 RL. I will on occasion do -1 however

OLGC_Slayer
    OLGC_Slayer's Avatar Become A Pro!

I rarely play runlines. If I did I would only play +1.5 on a home dog under -150.
    Just me though.

beaneaters
    beaneaters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2031

I'd be interested in -1 lines, but of the four books I have accounts with, none seem to offer that.
    I just don't know how much juice is too much . . . -150, -160?

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Personally, I never lay more than -125 on any one game in any sport.

I also never play the conventional run line, although on occasion I will throw a few bucks on the underdog -1.5 on the Alternate RL.

20Four7
    Timmy T = Failure
    20Four7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4120

I set my limit a little higher LT (-130 for MLB) and if you just follow that strategy your way ahead. The yankees despite winning almost 30 games more than they lost were losers in the ML last year. Small fav's and dogs is were it's at. Just look at washington who were up over 16 units with a losing record.

St. Andrew
    St. Andrew's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by 20Four7 View Post
    I set my limit a little higher LT (-130 for MLB) and if you just follow that strategy your way ahead. The yankees despite winning almost 30 games more than they lost were losers in the ML last year. Small fav's and dogs is were it's at. Just look at washington who were up over 16 units with a losing record.

If you have two teams on given day who are both priced at say -250 (Beckett on the mound, Penny on the mound), simply parlay the two games on the ML and your lock will be cheap.