Bob Loblaw
    Bob Loblaw's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2165

Today's thoughts

Copied from my blog...

Florida vs Washington - Very nice price on the Nats here at -115. I don't think many have noticed but since Lannan was recalled from the minors he's given up two runs or less in six of his seven starts. With Sanabia getting hit around in his last two starts (including once by this washington team) and the Nats actually being above .500 at home despite being cellar dwellars, I don't see how you can't take the nasty nats at this price. Nats -115.

Philadelphia vs New York Mets - This Phillies team doesn't score in New York. In six games this year the most they have scored was four runs and they were shutout four times. So I see a very nice price on the big home dog. Mets +185.

Pittsburgh vs Cincinnati - My guts telling me Maholm gets shelled. Can't lay -240 on Bailey and can't lay juice on the run line with Bailey. I like Reds team total over 5 at -120. Nothing but a very strong gut play here.

St Louis vs Atlanta - Getting the best home team in baseball at plus money with a team fighting for the playoffs vs a team that's been fading out of the playoff picture and the Braves starter has given up just two runs in both of his home starts...sign me up. Braves +115

Los Angeles Dodgers vs Houston - The hottest team in baseball at a near pick em at home? This is a no brainer. Happ's given up two runs total in his three starts at home since being traded including a complete game shutout last time out. Dodgers are in a free fall and have packed it in. They've lost six straight. Astros -107

Chicago Cubs vs Milwaukee - No real thoughts here

Arizona vs Colorado - Something about September over the last few years that has made Colorado a cash cow. They just don't give up. Especially at home. Winners of seven straight you just can't go against this team right now. It also helps that De La Rosa has given up three runs or less in nine straight starts. Rockies -1.5 +105

San Francisco vs San Diego - With a career 2.62 era in 21 starts at Petco park and a team record of 14-7, I'm always looking to play Richard at home. Tonight's no different and especially at this price. Padres -104.

Minnesota vs Cleveland - After a great 8-1 home stand for the Twins and having to leave their friendly confines, Minny might be in for a let down and Cleveland may steal this one tonight. The Indians have given the Twins a little trouble this year winning five games vs them and Carmona is always capable of shutting a lineup down. I like the home dog here. Indians +139.

Tampa Bay vs Toronto - Shields has really struggled in Toronto in his career including eight runs allowed in his only start this year at the Jays. The Rays aren't playing good ball right now losing four out of five. Cecil has had lots of success vs the Rays this year going 3-1 with a 2.63 era and 0.91 whip. Jays -132 and Jays -1.5 +160.

Baltimore vs Detroit - Galarraga is a solid home pitcher compiling a 3.11 era and he hasn't given up more than four runs in any of his eleven home starts this year. Although pitching a little better, Millwood is still a mess this year. It might be time for him to hang them up as the loss in his last start brings his year record to 3-15 with a 5.38 era and 1.55 whip. Not pretty. The O's are 2-11 in Millwood started road games. Despite being just a game over .500, the Tigers are great at home compiling a 46-26 record. Tigers -131.

New York Yankees vs Texas - The Yankees as a dog I'll look to take almost every time. Plain and simple. Yankees +129.

Kansas City vs Chicago White Sox - It's do or die time for the White Sox and they just died in Detroit. This team has played so hard and so well since early June that the day to day grind may have finally caught up with them. These pesky Royals almost always give the White Sox trouble. They've covered +1.5 ten times vs them this year. Royals +1.5 -105.

Boston vs Oakland - Two of the top three AL era leaders go at it in this one. Cahill has a filthy 1.71 era at home this year. Not going to overthink this and I'm hoping these guys do what they've done all year. 1st 5 inning under 3.5 -130.

Seattle vs Los Angeles Angels - These teams are so bad right now I want no part of this one.

---

Nationals -115
    Mets +185
    Reds Team Total Over 5 -120
    Braves +115
    Astros -107
    Rockies -1.5 +105
    Padres -104
    Indians +139
    Jays -132 and -1.5 +160
    Tigers -131
    Yankees +129
    Royals +1.5 -105
    A's 1st 5 under 3.5 -130

Bluedragon
    Bluedragon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 531

A lot of those sound great! Great write-ups too!

Kraghen
    Kraghen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2985

Excellent write-ups. I like most of your plays coz they are like mine. Good luck!

fox sixers
    fox sixers's Avatar Become A Pro!

What would you say are your best plays? you have had success this year? Thanks for your time!

fox sixers

so if you had to do a 2 or 3 team parlay on -1.5 or +1.5.. MLs or OVER/UNDERS what would you do from that list.. I love the Rockies tonight.. what else?

Bob Loblaw
    Bob Loblaw's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2165

Quote Originally Posted by fox sixers View Post
    so if you had to do a 2 or 3 team parlay on -1.5 or +1.5.. MLs or OVER/UNDERS what would you do from that list.. I love the Rockies tonight.. what else?
    I hate picking best plays but if I had to choose I like Rockies rl, Jays, and Tigers

fox sixers

yeah was just about to say Jays... like them to