vyomguy
    vyomguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 234

My luck is running real bad :(

Over the past 2 weeks my luck has been running real bad. I am loosing all the bets on over/under by less than a run. When I bet over, the score reaches within 1 point or half point of the total and then they don't score anymore for several innings. When I bet under, they score just 1 run over the specified line. Today, I took giants under 8.. and the final score was 9 runs . In past 2 weeks, 80% of my bets have lost within 1 run...and 50% of those are within .5 runs i.e the hook. This is making me sick . Time to quit baseball and move onto Football.

rickbo528
    rickbo528's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1931

Quote Originally Posted by vyomguy View Post
    Over the past 2 weeks my luck has been running real bad. I am loosing all the bets on over/under by less than a run. When I bet over, the score reaches within 1 point or half point of the total and then they don't score anymore for several innings. When I bet under, they score just 1 run over the specified line. Today, I took giants under 8.. and the final score was 9 runs . In past 2 weeks, 80% of my bets have lost within 1 run...and 50% of those are within .5 runs i.e the hook. This is making me sick . Time to quit baseball and move onto Football.

Been there too. Sometimes it doesnt matter who you take, it just doesn't work out. Looks to me like betting big dogs in September will profit.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Its called variance

bonduforlife
    Bondu means Douche Bag :)
    bonduforlife's Avatar Become A Pro!

i know exactly where ur coming from, dont worry. Football rarely dis appoints. Jets and Ravens wont score more then 25 points. My first pick
    for the 1st week

Prey
    Prey's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by HoulihansTX View Post
    Its called variance

vyomguy
    vyomguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 234

Quote Originally Posted by HoulihansTX View Post
    Its called variance
    No, as a matter of fact its lack of variance. It describes how far values lie from the mean...here its the line. If variance was distributed evenly across mean, 80% of my bets wouldn't fall within 1 point.

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

It's been rough past 2 weeks bro, keep at it.

phillybadboy
    phillybadboy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3864

sad

rkelly110
    rkelly110's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10576

Wow, 80%. Fade yourself. How were you doing before the last 2 weeks? Betting fav's, dogs
    or a combo? Try chasing your losses? Usually a high scoring game will be low the next day.
    The way I pick over/ unders. I'll add up the pitchers last 3 gms and divide the total by 3.
    I'll then add both pitchers (offence runs) together to get my total. Gm 1 and 3 are my
    best. Looking at the Giants, I wouldv'e lost that game too.

G's pks
    Update your status
    G's pks's Avatar Become A Pro!

move on to another sport...baseball after Sept 1st is a different animal.