bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Posada trying desperately to catch for johnson again

Jorge Posada trying to patch this up with Randy Johnson this spring, so he can catch his game.

i don't know about how anyone else here feels about this subject or much less care, but i for one am praying he can patch things up with Johnson

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

I never knew they were fueding.

bigboydan

ILL, don't you remember when Johnson told torre in the middle of the season, he didn't want Posada catching anymore of his games ?

this story was all over the new last year. Johnson told every reporter out there that Posada and him couldn't agree on pitches to throw at all. Johnson felt that cost him 10 wins last year.

Alamorich
    Alamorich's Avatar Become A Pro!

Johnson is such an A-hole..I hate that guy..loved watching him get shelled last year.

Illusion

Especially the game last year when the White Sox hit four home runs off him in one inning.

Alamorich
    Alamorich's Avatar Become A Pro!

He lost his edge last year...he doesn't intimidate hitters anymore. He should be a good play against pitcher this season since the public still loves him.

Illusion

Quote Originally Posted by Alamorich
    He lost his edge last year...he doesn't intimidate hitters anymore. He should be a good play against pitcher this season since the public still loves him.
    You aren't lying. I had some huge paydays fading Johnson.

presley177
    presley177's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by bigboydan
    ILL, don't you remember when Johnson told torre in the middle of the season, he didn't want Posada catching anymore of his games ?

this story was all over the new last year. Johnson told every reporter out there that Posada and him couldn't agree on pitches to throw at all. Johnson felt that cost him 10 wins last year.

10 wins!?

Willie Bee
    Willie Bee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 305

It's not secret that some pitchers and catchers get along better and have this telepathic ability to communicate and get into grooves with each other. If Johnson and Posada don't have this and Johnson thinks he does with someone else, no big deal. But this should've been handled in-house, and Johnson's reputation for being a prima donna, correct or not, makes him out to be the ass in this sort of deal. Johnson and Posada should've spoken to Torre behind the scenes and then let Torre just make some comment to the media that he's decided to let Johnson's day to pitch be the day he gives Posada off. No big whoop and a pretty easy sale to the goombahs in the Fourth Estate as long as you give them a sandwich and soft drink at the press conference.

tacomax
    SBR Problem Poster 2007-08
    tacomax's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1167

Quote Originally Posted by Illusion
    Especially the game last year when the White Sox hit four home runs off him in one inning.
    Yeah, that's a sure sign of a shit catcher.

Winston Smith
    Winston Smith's Avatar Become A Pro!

Or a 41-year-old slider. One of the two.

bigboydan

maddux had perez as his personal catcher for years in ATL. look what kind of numbers he put up year in and year out.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4663

Well I would love to see Posada behind the plate when Randy takes the mound.

bigboydan

Sou would I looker

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Speaking of which, have the Rag Sox found a catcher for Wakefield this year? Watching Varitek trying to handle him is like watching a dog chasing his tail.

Willie Bee
    Willie Bee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 305

Either Josh Bard or John Flaherty appear to be battling for this duty. A bit like choosing between Rosie O'Donnell and Chastity Bono to be your prom date. Personally, I favor Bard for the job if he can stay healthy and hit .200 in spring.