thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

For those who know what capitulation is

We all saw the Phillies get swept at home by the lowly (well some say so) Astros this week but now is where I step in and gobble up the shit eatin' Phillies when nobody else wants them. Capitulation is when all the sellers are gone and it is a good time to buy...well tomorrow is a good time to buy up the Phillies as an underdog, exactly where you want them.

You have Roy Oswalt going for the Phillies at San Diego vs Latos. Latos (has not pitched at home in a month) and the Padres have been very good but I could care less about that in this situation. Oswalt has been a stopper all his career and has done nothing but dominate San Diego @ San Diego with an era under 2 for his career going 4-1. Oswalt has also been one of the best pitchers in baseball come August/September going 59-16 in his career so we know he doesn't fade down the stretch. This one is also revenge for Oswalt after pitching 7 shutout innings in San Diego earlier in the year and his team still losing. Phillies turn it around on the road.

Phanatics +120
    Points Awarded:

swagger gave thebestthereis 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Pauulzcappin
    Pauulzcappin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 568

Sounds good. San Diego is being put to shame right as we type.

Razzzzzor
    Razzzzzor's Avatar Become A Pro!

Shit bro, you read my mind! I was actually praying for the phillies to lose for this exact scenario to play out tomorrow. Good post!

jorge1
    OM
    jorge1's Avatar Become A Pro!

Im with you...will look more into it tonight and possibly make it my play of the day tomorrow

CHAZ
    5-2-1 (+2.37 units)
    CHAZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3180

Goodluck, but no way I would risk my money on a team that has been as bad as the Philies. There's a reason while no one wants them and in baseball if I've learned anything it's riding the hot teams. They are definitely not one of them right now.

Razzzzzor

I like it more and more

Nomadik
    Nomadik's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 380

Using investment jargon to cap, no pun intended, a game? I like it

Gekko approved

jorge1
    OM
    jorge1's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think im going for teh double header tomorrow...

HOU +135

PHI +116

Many can fade but I like one of these two hitting...

thebestthereis

Quote Originally Posted by CHAZ View Post
    Goodluck, but no way I would risk my money on a team that has been as bad as the Philies. There's a reason while no one wants them and in baseball if I've learned anything it's riding the hot teams. They are definitely not one of them right now.
    The best remedy for this team is getting the hell out of town. Also the Padres last 10 games have come against 3 of the 4 worst pitches staffs in the NL. Oswalt dominates this team, always has, and the Phillies are 5-1 the last two trips to Petco.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Making it a 5 unit play.

Guys follow him to the promised land.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on

Should we wait until tomorrow, or play now?

I really have no idea how this line is going to move.

frankbettor
    frankbettor's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good luck. Like it.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7726

Quote Originally Posted by HoulihansTX View Post
    Should we wait until tomorrow, or play now?

I really have no idea how this line is going to move.

Line will stay close to the opener. Most squares will be pounding Latos and the pads based on "value" (LOL) and the fact the pads lost to the dbacks but will bounce back. I see the line moving a little in favor of the pads. People made money on the PADS all year long now the books will get it back the next 5 weeks. Dont you forget that the books love it when a team is the darling.

Razzzzzor

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Line will stay close to the opener. Most squares will be pounding Latos and the pads based on "value" (LOL) and the fact the pads lost to the dbacks but will bounce back. I see the line moving a little in favor of the pads. People made money on the PADS all year long now the books will get it back the next 5 weeks. Dont you forget that the books love it when a team is the darling.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on

Ok early movement is on the Padres, so we will get a good number.

Wade Dwayne
    Wade Dwayne's Avatar Become A Pro!

Phils and under for me.

pat venditto
    pat venditto's Avatar Become A Pro!

This line is too high. Oswalt at +120 is definately worth a play. Phillies fighting for the playoffs after a 4 game sweep I expect them to bounce back and oswalt is a big game pitcher.

thebestthereis

Phillies now +130 and more in some spots, adding to this position. The situation is perfect for the Phillies. Nobody is paying attention to what Oswalt is doing currently (won 4 straight starts) only see Philly and their sweep to the Shmoes, has done to San Diego in the past, and what he has done in August and September - best pitcher baseball during these months in recent years. Also I will add that Latos has only pitched twice in his last 10 starts at home. He has never thrown more than 50 innings in a major league seasonso let's see if he can keep it up. Good luck!

goallinebob
    goallinebob's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think your selling Latos short,,,for many reasons,, first i love phils being a home team fav for over 40 years,,although i now live in Vegas
    but no one in their right mind should had wagered on Kendrick with his performances of late and for that matter for the year,,add Rodriguez who was very hot and proved it all anybody needed to do was review his past 5 starts, Halladay the day before yes but phils are not hitting and Happ was all they could handle losing 3-2 still a close low score,,,,,,add Norris vs Hamels and if both past runs allowed were reviewed it was an even duel between both ,,,,
    starters and anybodys game,,,,that 5 allowed by Hamels the previous start showed he is still off,,,,then to have Blanton to pitch against Myers who is just as good and his starts show ,,,, for them to lose in another close one 3-2,,again shows bats for phils are stone cold

Latos will win this game tonight unless Oswalt is ready for a true Starter vs Starter pitch fight,,,,,add travel and Phills inability to hit,, it could be a long night for them,, i don't know if you have reviewed Latos runs allowed but here they are,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

atos 5 past

0-0-0-0-2-2-2-0-0-0
    6-9
    1-2-0-1-0-0-0-1-3-3,,not happy to see those 3's
    GAME,,,
    1-2-0-1-2-2-2-1-3-3

now if Oswalt is added he shows no real dominence here

Oswalt 5 past
    0-8-0-0-6-5-0-0-2-0
    inn 6-9
    3-2-3-0-1-3-4-0-1-0
    game
    3-10-3-0-7-8-4-0-3-0

This game is either Latos or the Under,, in both 5 and 9

goallinebob
    goallinebob's Avatar Become A Pro!

Best of luck to you and remember its MLB anything can happen in all this bull shit,,,,,

ttm
    ttm's Avatar Become A Pro!

You could have had Latos at -123 last night. I am not seeing how Philly was the play.

thebestthereis

philly was the play at those odds without question, oswalt did EXACTLY what i thought he would do and the game went EXACTLY how i thought it would....a one run game.

HOT WINGS
    HOT WINGS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3651

Good post and good hit thebestthereis

Razzzzzor

How did that A's play work out for you "thegayestthereis"? I thought the A's were "guaranteed"?

HOT WINGS
    HOT WINGS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3651

Quote Originally Posted by Razzzzzor View Post
    Shit bro, you read my mind! I was actually praying for the phillies to lose for this exact scenario to play out tomorrow. Good post!
    Quote Originally Posted by Razzzzzor View Post
    How did that A's play work out for you "thegayestthereis"? I thought the A's were "guaranteed"?
    How opinions can change in such a short time on SBR