coloradobuff
    coloradobuff's Avatar Become A Pro!

Texas Rangers Fans are a joke...Agree?

The Rangers are poised to go the playoffs for the first time since 1999, and they are lucky if they get 20,000 fans for a game...

What is wrong with the people in the dallas area? The Rangers have an exciting team..frontrunners for the MVP and Cy Young and they cant draw a decent crowd to save their life..

I know football is king in dallas, but baseball should get more love considering how their team has exceed expectations this year...Agree?

PingPong
    I need a job
    PingPong's Avatar Become A Pro!

all baseball fans are a joke

whatsgood5
    Let's fuckin' do it
    whatsgood5's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by PingPong View Post
    all baseball fans are a joke
    False. The Phillies have great fans. They also have the lowest quality of fans in that a good amount of them are terrible people, but they fill the seats...

PingPong
    I need a job
    PingPong's Avatar Become A Pro!

also it was like 105 degrees yesterday

TobiasFunke
    Never Nude
    TobiasFunke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 46

Tough economy

Nicky Santoro
    Nicky Santoro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9461

not sure, but isn't TB worse?? best team in baseball and that place alwys seems empty.

montreal was like this too back in early 2000's.. it killed me.

we were 1 game out of 1st place in sept and we'd be on a 7 game winning streak after going 8-1 on road trip. we'd come home and i'd expect 50,000 fans and guess what?? 8,348 fans.. and in July when spos were 2 games out of 1st and Randy Johnson in town pitching for Arizona... 4,231 fans.. no joke... (and mtl has 4 million people)

this happened each night near the end of the spos days here..

jbrent95
    jbrent95's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1450

It was 118 degrees on the field for the first pitch.

Popular
    Popular's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Yeah I live near Arlington and it isn't a matter of us being excited and wanting to go.. It's the matter of it still being 100 degrees at 9 and that stadium isn't exactly welcoming cooler air.. If you haven't been in 110 degree weather in the middle of Texas where your skin burns in less than 5 minutes then it's hard to really say anything about it.. It comes down to a choice of wanting to broil for 3 hours or wanting to sit in AC and watching them on tv every game.. I've chosen tv

whatsgood5
    Let's fuckin' do it
    whatsgood5's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Nicky Santoro View Post
    not sure, but isn't TB worse?? best team in baseball and that place alwys seems empty. montreal was like this too back in early 2000's.. it killed me. we were 1 game out of 1st place in sept and we'd be on a 7 game winning streak after going 8-1 on road trip. we'd come home and i'd expect 50,000 fans and guess what?? 8,348 fans.. and in July when spos were 2 games out of 1st and Randy Johnson in town pitching for Arizona... 4,231 fans.. no joke... (and mtl has 4 million people) this happened each night near the end of the spos days here..
    Haha Montreal was good stuff though. Used to go up there for weekend series and sit wherever the fuk you want for like ten bucks, which was only like $6 USD back then. Then on Sunday's they had like a kids special or some shit where if you were under 16 tix were one fukking dollar I miss those days.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Its too hot in TX to sit outside for a game.

Thats why our football plays in a dome.

khaden
    khaden's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1124

It's clearly Bush's fault

coloradobuff
    coloradobuff's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by khaden View Post
    It's clearly Bush's fault
    haha...i understand the hot angle really..they should reduce prices of refreshments..

Popular

Lol so they should lower the price of drinks that will get you dehydrated even faster?

kontradictor
    kontradictor's Avatar Become A Pro!

I live in Dallas also and I agree the heat is the main issue keeping the seats from filling up. Last game I went to the high was 103.... I woulda passed out if it weren't for beer!

PS: They did just reduce the price of one refreshment at the ball park.... Hot Chocolate is now only $1
    Last edited by kontradictor; 08-25-10 at 01:04 PM.

starfire
    starfire's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1130

Who wants to sit in 100 degree weather...

Popular

Last year at this time it just seemed much cooler at night than it is this year.. I remember going to the last 3 1 dollar hot dog nights and was more than comfortable in right field.. This year I've been to one 2 weeks ago and I still feel dehydrated

hockeyman30304
    hockeyman30304's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Haha I live down here and the rangers are the only team I like...Idk maybe its too hot outside it was 106 2 days ago....

nosniboR11
    fu
    nosniboR11's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by coloradobuff View Post
    The Rangers are poised to go the playoffs for the first time since 1999, and they are lucky if they get 20,000 fans for a game... What is wrong with the people in the dallas area? The Rangers have an exciting team..frontrunners for the MVP and Cy Young and they cant draw a decent crowd to save their life.. I know football is king in dallas, but baseball should get more love considering how their team has exceed expectations this year...Agree?

dude unless you are from Texas , keep your mouth shut

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

i love the excuses

it was hot

the economy sucks, are you kidding me? fukking 85% of people are FULLY EMPLOYED like nothing ever happened.

The team just has no fan base.

Popular

Brock have you lived in weather where it's constantly 105+ from 11 in the morning to 10 at night?

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

Quote Originally Posted by HoulihansTX View Post
    Its too hot in TX to sit outside for a game.

Thats why our football plays in a dome.
    that is about 2% of the reason, tampa rays are in first place and nobody goes to the games. it is the people that don't really care about baseball. the home opener at the the university of texas versus mary sister school for the blind in september would draw a sell out if it was 100 in the shade, no question about it.