WiseGrumpy
    Got banned, wow
    WiseGrumpy's Avatar Become A Pro!

Important trend - Alternating wins

There is one trend I LOVE in MLB and that is alternating wins. It can be between teams, between pitchers, can work for totals or sides, I have used this for the past 2 seasons and it works a lot more than not. I chose to open this thread just to warn about the Braves today.

The Braves are an amazing team, Hudson is probably the hottest pitcher right now, but so far this season, 10 meeting between the Braves and the Nats, ALL of them are split. Neither team won 2 in a row.

After yesterday's blow-out win, today it's the Nats turn. With Livan on the mound and the price, it can't be a bad play. I didn't place a bet on this one, because it's really hard for me to bet against the Braves and most of all Hudson, but keep an eye on this trend.

I will try to keep track of this trend in this thread and see how it goes. The only one I saw today are the Nats +205

NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

You're on crack. If you want to use this type of reasoning or logic you are better off using it on the Orioles -Mariners or Dodgers-Rockies games.

Atlanta and Hudson have owned the Nationals this year and are in a dog fight trying to fend off a hot Philadelphia team in the NL east. The odds are too much in their favor.

WiseGrumpy
    Got banned, wow

Quote Originally Posted by NYSportsGuy210 View Post
    You're on crack. If you want to use this type of reasoning or logic you are better off using it on the Orioles -Mariners or Dodgers-Rockies games.

Atlanta and Hudson have owned the Nationals this year and are in a dog fight trying to fend off a hot Philadelphia team in the NL east. The odds are too much in their favor.
    First of all I have mentioned in the post very clearly how good the Braves are and most of all Hudson. That is not the point here.
    And no, the Braves didn't own the Nats this season, they are split 5-5 ... And I don't publish this stuff for the fun of it, as I said, I use this for the past 2 seasons and it's a VERY strong trend.
    I don't have any bet on this one, but it's the example I'm using to start this thread, and I wouldn't bet on the Braves because of this trend, and I wouldn't bet against the Braves because they are simply better.

And no, I'm not on crack thank you very much.

Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

bold prediction- heard it here first i guess.

floridagolfer
    floridagolfer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12339

This is called a coincidence.

WiseGrumpy
    Got banned, wow

Decided I will place a bet on this one because of the amazing price.

tkt
    tkt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 637

what are you thinking about under/over 7,5
    should this go over then?
    If Nationals win then surely it has to go over
    I can see both teams getting to at least 3-3

drfunkmaster
    printing it
    drfunkmaster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1065

Good luck grumpy.. Today is the day there is no alternating win theory..

Angela
    Angela's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7615

Thanks for the info...food for thought I guess. Will watch with interest.

dynamitappletini
    dynamitappletini's Avatar Become A Pro!

Placed a small bet on Nats +1 with still +140 or sth and got the push... This may be a good alternative to reduce the risk of a 1 point loss
    Winning dogs is so much better then favs

WiseGrumpy
    Got banned, wow

The Nats bet was a good one with an amazing price, sadly they couldn't finish the job.
    Today another one.
    Yankees vs Yakees.
    Hughes have alternated wins in his last 7 starts, today if this keeps going, he will lose.
    Tigers +1.5 +105
    Tigers +220

I hate betting against the Yankees but I'm going with this trend.

WiseGrumpy
    Got banned, wow

Quote Originally Posted by dynamitappletini View Post
    Placed a small bet on Nats +1 with still +140 or sth and got the push... This may be a good alternative to reduce the risk of a 1 point loss
    Winning dogs is so much better then favs
    Nice bet mate.
    Today the +1.5 on the Tigers has an amazing price, so I like it.

WiseGrumpy
    Got banned, wow

Like happens many times for some freaky reason, once you stat out something like I did, it doesn't work all of a sudden.
    Anyway, I do think both bets were good bets more so the way both games went, and that is all that matters in the long run. Today the theory gives us another bet:

The Rockies have alternated wins and loses everygame this month, that is 16 games.
    So today's pick is: Rockies +114

For all these bets I will have the +1.5 as a back-up when the theory points on a "dog" but it won't be part of my official plays on my main thread when the price is bad like this one. Rockies +1.5 -184
    GL.
    Last edited by WiseGrumpy; 08-20-10 at 04:42 AM.