dynamite140
    dynamite140's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 38397

Is John Lackey a disappointment this year for the Red Sox?

Got traded from the Angels to the Red Sox and i thought he was going to be their ace. He is 10-7 and his ERA is 4.64. Everytime i see him pitch he always gets lit up it seems. Does anyone here think he is a big disappointment? I thought he would have put better numbers up this year.

Pauulzcappin
    Pauulzcappin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 568

He's fat, overpaid and throw meatballs down the middle, I love fading him.

Whippit
    getting to know ms. douglas
    Whippit's Avatar Become A Pro!

lackey's earning his pay

never expected to be an ace

lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

Lackey will show up big in postseason pending a Rays meltdown. He always throws strikes confidence is not an issue, lackey top 20 pitchers in the league sticking with it.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Sox spent a large chunk on him as a FA to be the #3 guy in rotation. He's been a disappointment thus far, but nowhere nearly as bad as Beckett has been when healthy.

Pauulzcappin
    Pauulzcappin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 568

Quote Originally Posted by lunchbawks View Post
    Lackey will show up big in postseason pending a Rays meltdown. He always throws strikes confidence is not an issue, lackey top 20 pitchers in the league sticking with it.
    OH-MY-GOD.

tim0402
    Update your status
    tim0402's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 457

Quote Originally Posted by lunchbawks View Post

red sox have no chance

jawabaka
    jawabaka's Avatar Become A Pro!

this year red sox are pretty much doomed. NYY and Tampa is just killing Boston. Although they have a great record, still that's not going to be enough.

albo gator
    albo gator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

When you look at what the Red Sox could have expected out of a rotation I think the step up from Buchholz has helped to ease the burden of the disappointing season Beckett has had. So when you put Lester and Buchholz at the top of your rotation that is as good a 1,2 punch as you can expect to see in MLB. Now you are looking to round out your rotation. Beckett still has too much talent not to be counted on for one of the spots.

So the question to me would be in John Lackey capable of being a #3 or #4 guy that would be solid in the post season. While his performance may have been a little under what his career numbers are, you can count on him to take the ball every fifth day and eat up innings and not burn out your bullpen. So I would say he has been right about where the Red Sox need him to be. And if anyone wants to lay blame for the Red Sox missing the post season on someone on the starting staff I think the Beckett is the guy that should be the target.

Doc JS
    Doc JS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Lackey is finding out that pitching in the AL East is a BEAST...

cadillac pete
    cadillac pete's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6636

I think he has. I was never to crazy on the signing to begin with.