lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

What is your baseball betting style?

Do you play every single game on the board small?
    Do you pick one team a day/month/year and unload on the ML?

I look at lines after the late games, pencil in EVERY GAME who I think will win SU, sleep on it... the next day I'll do some research, and usually narrow it down to 1-3 plays per day. My record is far from stellar, but I don't lose money on baseball, i can't break this even.

I look up to you guys, just wondering how exactly you guys cap MLB?

Razzzzzor
    Razzzzzor's Avatar Become A Pro!

FADE GRUMPY!!! 100% fool proof, or should I say grumpy proof

Stinger
    Stinger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

I'm still somewhat new to betting on baseball, but pretty much goes along with betting on any other sport, and you hit it on the nose.

- Do your own research - don't tail unless you have already thoroughly looked into it.

- Avoid too good to be true lines

- Most people make their decision based on who's pitching, but you also have to look at the starting line ups for that game, they're not always the same, check the stats of those players against opposing pitchers, etc.

- Stick to 2 - 4 games a day.

lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

Quote Originally Posted by Stinger View Post
    I'm still somewhat new to betting on baseball, but pretty much goes along with betting on any other sport, and you hit it on the nose.

- Do your own research - don't tail unless you have already thoroughly looked into it.

- Avoid too good to be true lines

- Most people make their decision based on who's pitching, but you also have to look at the starting line ups for that game, they're not always the same, check the stats of those players against opposing pitchers, etc.

- Stick to 2 - 4 games a day.
    I definitely don't have this down, I've made over 50 plays this season and sit still at my deposit amount. You know vegas looks at everything, i'm sure i could spend hours looking at stats... but from what i've learned my first instinct is usually good. when i lose it's when i second guess myself.. Is there a good website for umpire statistics?

Betting Guru
    Bookie Busting!
    Betting Guru's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

I have had good success using a progression model that I got from a certain handicapper, NOT JOHN MORRISON!! Morrison is a huge scam!! If interested in knowing who I got this model from, PM me. If you have something better, please PM me. I am always looking for something new.

drfunkmaster
    printing it
    drfunkmaster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1065

Quote Originally Posted by Razzzzzor View Post
    FADE GRUMPY!!! 100% fool proof, or should I say grumpy proof
    Dont u mean cappinpicks!!!

boeing power
    boeing power's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

fade cappinpiks , he has lost 23 in a row

CappinTerp
    CappinTerp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

A lot of things, here are a few:#1.) Remember even if a team has a great year they will loose 65 games #2.) Baseball is a game of streaks teams will win or loose 3 of 4, 7 of 10, 12 of 16,ect. #3.) If it looks too easy go the other way. #4.) Never lay more than -150,look to bet dogs. #5.) Money mgt. This is just my opinion hope it helps.

nj6
    nj6's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2592

Spot betting for me is very important.

tanner40
    tanner40's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8060

I get down on both knees and promise I won't cuss, drink, steal, or cheat if God gives me the winners for the next day. Seems to be working about 52.78% of the time.

Stinger
    Stinger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by tanner40 View Post
    I get down on both knees and promise I won't cuss, drink, steal, or cheat if God gives me the winners for the next day. Seems to be working about 52.78% of the time.

swagger
    swagger's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by tanner40 View Post
    LMFAO best technique I've read so far!!!

Its basically about moneym. and some half decent research about the two teams/ pitchers. Check out there history playing each other, might get extra reassurance by checking other cappers buts thats the last thing I do, once I have all my picks I'll just check a few cappers to see if there's anything I missed. And always check the dogs

My style would probably pick a decent team and if they team win the first game of the series, double it the next game, once thats over I won't bet with them again for that series.

dolphan34
    dolphan34's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 85

My best work is when I limit myself to one pick a day. I usually end up getting too caught up and get in trouble when I do more than 3 though.

frankbettor
    frankbettor's Avatar Become A Pro!

You're making a small profit on Gods picks. Nice. I look for patterns in numbers and then exploit them when the right situation demands it. It's boring but I'm in it for money not entertainment.

VTranX
    VTranX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 314

I usually bet all games with no more more then -160 chalk, been workin fine for me. I get betpoints for giving DSI's house action. I currenly have about 64,000 bet points which is worth about $400 give or take.

mitote
    mitote's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5348

I watch this board! As soon as I see a game where everyone is on the same team I bet the other team!

jorge1
    OM
    jorge1's Avatar Become A Pro!

My friend, several things:

money management, streaks, and dogs. So many times ppl cant SEE how a horrible team will win because they think SUPREMACYYYYYY, like you think of in football, or basketball..not true...look at the late great ORIOLES, or look at WSH in july? I didnt catch the orioles streak right now, but i did catch WSH playing well in july..also the short FLA run couple weeks ago...

so streaks most of all...loosing streaks for good teams...and winning streaks for bad teams...that way you get value...

I try not to wager more than 4 or 5 a day..today i went nuts and wagered 11 games messin around and lost a $HIT load of money like a moron...yesterday i kept low profile and almost doubled my bank roll....

money management! that is how i have steadily made almost over 5000 pesos this last month and a half...right now i hit a plateau this last 2 - 3 weeks but im just watchin for that winning streak comin'

jorge1
    OM
    jorge1's Avatar Become A Pro!

one more practice i have, which i never mentioned before, but besides tailin cappers, like paco and other...for my own cappin sometimes i go trhough the whole card, pick winners without lookin at value AT ALL..not knowing the lines...and from there see which winners i picked have the best value, etc...