gamble
    gamble's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3984

My Marlins Blog - FADE ME (14-4)

I have been downright awful of late, losing my last 3 blogs picks so I wouldn't recommend playing my picks now until I get back on my winning ways. Here is my blog though:

The Florida Marlins will be playing the lowly Pittsburgh Pirates on Tuesday night in Pittsburgh. The Marlins played a very poor game on Monday night in Pittsburgh, losing 7-1 to the Pirates. The team recognized this poor performance, with Dan Uggla showing his disappointment after the game. "It doesn't take a genius to figure out we've been flat for the last five to eight games," Uggla said. Uggla promised his team would play at a higher level, "We have to take it upon ourselves to raise our play to a higher level." I am going to take Uggla at his word and expect the Marlins to come out playing well on Tuesday night against the Pirates. The Pirates haven't won many games this year, and as a result they have only won back to back games a few times this season. The Marlins are currently listed as -140 favorites over the Pirates on Tuesday night with the run total set at 8.5 runs. This line tells me that the linesmakers expect the Marlins to be able to handle the Pirates tonight.

Ricky Nolasco will be pitching for the Marlins on Tuesday night against the Pirates. Nolasco has been decent this year, but he definitely pitches better on the road for whatever reason. Nolasco's season ERA goes from 4.39 overall down to 3.59 on the road. His record is a very good 9-2 on the road, with much of his success coming away from Florida. Nolasco's last start came on the road against the Nationals in which he threw 6 shutout innings in Washington. Zach Duke will be pitching for the Pirates on Tuesday, who has struggled all year long for them. His season ERA currently stands at 5.20 and his record is a poor 5-11. His batting average against this year at home is currently at .322, which is an especially high average at home. Duke's ERA in his last 3 games is a high 5.82 with a WHIP of 1.59. The Marlins should have no problem getting runners on base and in to score against Duke on Tuesday.

The Marlins should come out tonight playing with a higher intensity level, as I expect the loss to the Pirates on Monday night to serve as a wakeup call to them. Dan Uggla seems to have taken a leadership role for the Marlins and I expect the Marlins' play to echo his word from Monday night. There's no way they should be losing 2 games in a row to the Pirates even in Pittsburgh. They have one of their best road pitchers going for them this year and they are facing one of the worst pitchers in the league Tuesday night. They should be able to jump out to an early lead against Duke and should cruise to this win. Play the Marlins ML at -140 tonight over the Pirates.

Again, I have not been good to tail of late so only tail if you like the play. If you want to fade me, I would recommend that as well, whatever you guys play good luck...
    Points Awarded:

swagger gave gamble 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

GTeater gave gamble 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

cgjeon
    cgjeon's Avatar Become A Pro!

i think you take the winner today.
    good luck

Wilforth
    Update your status
    Wilforth's Avatar Become A Pro!

BOL today

gamble

ha thanks guys, need to get you all some winners
    good luck to you as well

IEDodgerFan
    IEDodgerFan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 253

I really liked FLA at first glance, but stayed away based on their last 8...FLA 2-6

swagger
    swagger's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'll stay away from this game tonight but I really appreciate the effort you put in your blogs gamble. GL

gamble

Yea I don't blame you guys honestly, but I expect them to play at a higher level tonight from ugglas comments, guess we'll find out. Thanks for the points swagger

GTeater
    GTeater's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Thanks for the write up, placed a few units on the Marlins earlier, seeing your info reinforces it for me.

Angela
    Angela's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7615

Thanks for the write up....gonna give them a shot tonight

jorge1
    OM
    jorge1's Avatar Become A Pro!

GAMBLE, it goes against my religion to bet on FLA, LOL...but BOL to ya...one of us will make the muhlah!

mcbaseball10
    mcbaseball10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1905

Nice writeup gamble. Love Nolasco. I went with the 1st 5 under 4.5 in this one. Hope to see Nolasco keep his pitch count down and go deep into this one. The less the Marlins bullpen gets involved the better. Good luck tonight!

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 90362

Florida 0-5 last 5 in Pittsburgh. Pirates are coming off a 7 game losing streak. They may just win back to back games at home. Duke pitched well in SanDiego his last outing

DUKE IS NOT the WORSE pitcher in Baseball!!!

However marlins may win, but not based upon your reasoning.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

I think FLA wins here and road Ricky's been solid, but his night #'s are a bit disconcerting -- especially considering he pitches for an average team at best against an opponent that has his team's number.

gamble

actually got one looking good here with the marlins up 4-0

swagger
    swagger's Avatar Become A Pro!

well done

mcbaseball10
    mcbaseball10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1905

Nice win gamble. Keep up the good work.

encephalization
    encephalization's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 182

Nice one, I'll look out for the next one.