No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

OAK -109 on Tuesday

We hit with TOR tonight, so tomorrow, we flip the script.

I know the A's have been awful lately offensively. I know the Jays are playing well right now. But I think Oakland prevails in this spot. Morrow's coming off his 1-hit performance, where he K'd 17. He threw 137 pitches, though, and he's still a 2-5, 6.44 ERA road pitcher. That's a recipe for disaster, folks.

Braden and the A's get the job done here.

Also liking MIN -120 and CLE +155 as a roll of the dice special. Maybe BOS and TB as well. I need to cut down on my plays, though -- instead of spreading them thin with smaller bets, I should probably stick to 2-3 per night. The more I play, the closer to .500 I get.

lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

im on the under

VTranX
    VTranX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 314

I like Blue Jays again tomorrow but liking all your others picks.

texhooper
    texhooper's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7894

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    I need to cut down on my plays, though -- instead of spreading them thin with smaller bets, I should probably stick to 2-3 per night. The more I play, the closer to .500 I get.
    i'd say that's a fantastic call. i have been much happier, win or lose, since i scaled the action back. i'm more prone to watch a movie or spend some time with the lady instead of being glued to the screen watching an 0-6 night unfold and wondering whether i will slice my penis off or go in to work the next day. because at the time, either option is about as equally sucky.

the true test for me is going to come in the nfl/ncaaf/nba seasons though.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by texhooper View Post
    i'd say that's a fantastic call. i have been much happier, win or lose, since i scaled things back.

the true test for me is going to come in the nfl/ncaaf/nba seasons though.
    My biggest issue is I hit so many goddam leans, I'm afraid I'll pick the 2-3 losers of the bunch.

texhooper

oh you quoted me too soon. i made some additions.

texhooper

My biggest issue is I hit so many goddam leans, I'm afraid I'll pick the 2-3 losers of the bunch.
    you do hit a lot of leans, and you're pretty unlucky about what you don't bet. you should be the richest baseball gambler on this forum. i think your downfall might be that you're too in the know. i mean, you have an opinion on almost every game and every total on the board every day. and honestly, if you bet .5% on every game and every total you'd be way up.

that all being said, i really like your fade morrow spot tomorrow. sounds like a sharp call, for all i know.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by texhooper View Post
    you do hit a lot of leans, and you're pretty unlucky about what you don't bet. you should be the richest baseball gambler on this forum. i think your downfall might be that you're too in the know. i mean, you have an opinion on almost every game and every total on the board every day. and honestly, if you bet .5% on every game and every total you'd be way up.

that all being said, i really like your fade morrow spot tomorrow. sounds like a sharp call, for all i know.
    If he beats me off a 137-pitch performance -- especially with his track record on the road -- so be it.

It's hard to back the A's right now, but I think they break out a little here.

I might add SF +125 to my plays. This is the fourth time SF has seen Oz this year (weird, considering they weren't in the same division when he was with HOU), but the first time the Phils have faced Zito.

Anyway, thanks for the compliment. I don't think it's true about knowing too much, but at least it's a positive spin on my frustrations.

jawabaka
    jawabaka's Avatar Become A Pro!

i like the oaklands here. They can turn this around.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

So far, so good.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

We hit with TOR tonight, so tomorrow, we flip the script.

I know the A's have been awful lately offensively. I know the Jays are playing well right now. But I think Oakland prevails in this spot. Morrow's coming off his 1-hit performance, where he K'd 17. He threw 137 pitches, though, and he's still a 2-5, 6.44 ERA road pitcher. That's a recipe for disaster, folks.

Braden and the A's get the job done here.

Also liking MIN -120 and CLE +155 as a roll of the dice special. Maybe BOS and TB as well. I need to cut down on my plays, though -- instead of spreading them thin with smaller bets, I should probably stick to 2-3 per night. The more I play, the closer to .500 I get.
    Looks like another 4-1 day for my leans.

BookieOweMe
    BookieOweMe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4371

good calll