Mr Windy City
    BANNED
    Mr Windy City's Avatar Become A Pro!

Mets vs. Astros - It's A Total!

First the recap, went 1-1 last night winning a whopping $3. For tonight, I'm eye balling this Mets/Astros total. We have Jonathon Niese going for the Mets and Wandy Rodriguez for the Astros. Niese is 7-5 on the year with a 3.50 ERA. In his last 3 starts he is 0-1, but his team has lost all 3 starts and his ERA is 3.93. In those 3 starts his team is giving him 2.7 runs of support while his opponent is teeing off on him getting 9 runs per start. In road starts Niese seems to give up a lot of hits. In 53 innings pitched he has given up 59 hits and 24 runs. He has also given up 8 long balls on the season when he's away from home. He has one lone career start against the Astros and that was last year where he went 7 innings only giving up 4 hits and 1 run. Mets won that game 10-3.

Wandy Rodriguez takes the mound for the Astros and he is 9-11 on the year with a 4.18 ERA. He has pitched pretty good in his last 3 starts, but his team struggles to give him support. He is 0-1 in his last 3 starts with a friggin 0.84 ERA. He has given up a total of 2 runs in his past 3 starts and has one win to show for it. Tonight the Astros will finally break out the bats for Wandy I think. On the other hand I think Wandy might give up a few as he is not that sharp in night starts. He is 6-7 on the year with a 4.65 ERA and almost every statistic goes up for him when he starts at night. 81 innings pitched, 90 hits and 48 runs surrendered. His WHIP becomes the highest at 1.46 and his opponents on base percentage sky rockets to .346. He has taken 2 straight losses to the Mets losing 7-1 back in October of last year, and again losing 11-3 back in September of '07. I do not have any umpire stats, but here are some angles that support my play of the over tonight. Over is 4-1 in Mets last 5 Monday games. Over is 13-4 in Mets last 17 vs. a team with a losing record. Over is 6-2-1 in Nieses last 9 starts vs. National League Central. Over is 5-2 in Nieses last 7 starts during game 1 of a series.
    Over is 4-1 in Astros last 5 Monday games. Over is 3-0-1 in Rodriguezs last 4 starts during game 1 of a series. Astros bounce back after a loss when Wandy is on the mound as the Over is 8-2-1 in Rodriguezs last 11 starts following a team loss in their previous game. And these two seem to slug it out when they meet in Houston as the Over is 6-1 in the last 7 meetings in Houston, and the Over is 7-2 in the last 9 meetings. So there you have it, give me the over at even money in this one folks. Fade or play I wish everyone the best of luck

New York Mets/Houston Astros Over 7½ (+100)
    Risking 200 to Win 200

Mashaka
    Mashaka's Avatar Become A Pro!

nice write up. Jumped on the over to.

ttm
    ttm's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yes

broadway6
    on to the next one
    broadway6's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1338

i agree with you Windy...

BookieOweMe
    BookieOweMe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4371

on the over too

bostnboy3
    bostnboy3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Wandy Rodriguez takes the mound for the Astros and he is 9-11 on the year with a 4.18 ERA. He has pitched pretty good in his last 3 starts, but his team struggles to give him support. He is 0-1 in his last 3 starts with a friggin 0.84 ERA. He has given up a total of 2 runs in his past 3 starts and has one win to show for it. Tonight the Astros will finally break out the bats for Wandy I think. On the other hand I think Wandy might give up a few as he is not that sharp in night starts. He is 6-7 on the year with a 4.65 ERA and almost every statistic goes up for him when he starts at night. 81 innings pitched, 90 hits and 48 runs surrendered. His WHIP becomes the highest at 1.46 and his opponents on base percentage sky rockets to .346. He has taken 2 straight losses to the Mets losing 7-1 back in October of last year, and again losing 11-3 back in September of '07. I do not have any umpire stats, but here are some angles that support my play of the over tonight. Over is 4-1 in Mets last 5 Monday games. Over is 13-4 in Mets last 17 vs. a team with a losing record. Over is 6-2-1 in Nieses last 9 starts vs. National League Central. Over is 5-2 in Nieses last 7 starts during game 1 of a series.
    Over is 4-1 in Astros last 5 Monday games. Over is 3-0

NOT

ukbsktbll
    ukbsktbll's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

i liked the over too but 1 run so far is not cool