gamble
    gamble's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3984

My Hou ML Blog, fade away (14-3)

Hi guys sorry for another loser yesterday, hopefully I can turn it around but feel free to fade this pick guys, or just ignore it.

My pick today involves the Houston Astros at home against the New York Mets. This game comes at Houston, where the Astros have played much better baseball this year. The road games have also not been kind to the Mets this year, as they have struggled mightily to win games on the road consistently. The Astros currently have a 30-31 record at home, much better than the their overall record (14 games under .500). The Mets record on the road is an abysmal 22-37 on the year, where they haven't been hitting the ball or pitching well. The Mets are also coming off a series in which they only scored 2 total runs in the 3 games, losing 2 out of the 3 games as well. They just have not been able to score any runs since the All Star Break, averaging just over 2 runs per game since the All Star Break. The Astros however, are just coming off a sweep of the lowly Pirates in Houston. The Pirates may not be playing very good baseball, but sweeping any major league team is no guarantee no matter who you play. The Astros are currently listed at -122 favorites in this game against the Mets with a run total set at 7.5 runs.

Wandy Rodriguez will be pitching for the Astros in this game, who has pitched better as the year has gone on. His ERA currently stands at 4.18 for the year, with a 9-11 record and a 1.37 WHIP. Rodriguez is a much better pitcher at home though, where his ERA falls to 3.00 and his WHIP sinks down to 1.18 for the year. Outside of a few tough starts against Texas and Arizona, Rodriguez has been nearly unhittable at home this year. He should have no problem mowing through the slumping Mets order tonight. Jonathon Niese will be making the start for the Mets tonight in Houston. His ERA is currently at 3.50 with a WHIP of 1.36 on the year. His ERA and WHIP go up slightly on the road this year, but the batting average against him on the road this year is alarming. The batting average against Niese is now at .282 for the year on the road, a very high average. Niese also gives up more home runs on the road, which should allow for some Astros hitters to have a chance at hitting Niese hard tonight.

The Mets have really been struggling since the All Star Break, especially on the road. The Mets have only scored 15 runs in their last 8 games, which averages under 2 runs per game. The Astros offense has been much hotter of late than the Mets, scoring 37 runs in their last 8 games, averaging over 4.5 runs per game. They play much better at home, as the Mets play much worse on the road as well. Take the Astros ML tonight against the Mets.

I have lost the last 2 blogs so feel free to not play this, play at your own risk

boeing power
    boeing power's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

good luck gamble, glad we're on the same side

gamble

Thanks, yea hope we got a winner here

Duby
    Duby's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4602

GL tonight, you will bounce back!

gamble

Thanks man, lets hope it starts tonight

jorge1
    OM
    jorge1's Avatar Become A Pro!

GAMBLE missed your blog..i did take NO SCORE in the 1st inning for 1x and cashed!!!!

BOL to ya buddy!!! im sure you will cash!!!

gamble

might not be a bad thing to miss my blog these days, nice job though i was looking at that play but just went with the houston side.

thanks though, hope i can get this one

jorge1
    OM
    jorge1's Avatar Become A Pro!

Well, honestly IMO houston is FULL of surprises..they are that team i ALWAYS see one inning scoreless, next inning 5 runs up...if they are down by one, they are right there...

BOL my friend!!!

Im real happy im about to have my biggest tennis day today with roddick winning...

It will cash 4 parlays for me and give me a 11-2 day or somethin like that...

gamble

yea i agree with that, they scored 18 runs in one game against my cards ha.

damn nice job though, can't beat a day like that, keep up the winning man, i need to be tailing you i'm thinking

gamble

alright lets go astros, score more than 1 freaking run at home, getting ridiculous