rthoughton
    rthoughton's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2101

Dodgers and Billingsley try to win in Atlanta.

LOS +135 (Billingsley) @ ATL -155 (Hanson), o/u 7.
    Tonight in Atlanta, the Braves will look to their young stud Tommy Hanson to get the final game of a four game set against the Los Angeles Dodgers and Chad Billingsley.
    In his last start in Houston against the lowly Astros, Hanson (14-10, 3.51) got the first win for the Braves in one of his starts since the 9th of July. Tommy went 7 innings on the 11th of August in Houston, allowed 0 earned runs and only 2 hits while striking out 4 and walking 2. But Hanson has just been the victim of a complete lack of support as in those 5 consecutive Braves losses, he allowed 3 earned runs once and 2 or less in every other start. In fact, Hanson has not allowed more than one run in any of his three August starts, and has not allowed more than 3 earned in any start in either of the last two calendar months.
    Today the Braves will need him to be as sharp as he has been over the last few months as they take on Chad Billingsley (12-10, 3.78) and look for yet another important win as they try to hold off the Phils. The Braves are at home again, and they have the best home record in the majors, posting an impressive 46-19 mark in their home park.
    Chad Billingsley has lost his last two starts for the Dodgers, both shut out losses at Philly and at home against San Diego. In those two consecutive losses, Billingsley went 6 innings in each and allowed a combined 12 hits and 5 earned runs. Billingsley pitched well enough to win each of those outings, and has been amazing over his last 5 starts. Those five earned runs allowed in his last two outings were the only five earned runs he has allowed in his last five starts. The Dodgers have only managed to win 2 of Chad’s last 5 outings, and in those five, he only allowed 5 earned. Billingsley went at least 21 innings of consecutive shut out ball from 7/21 until 8/5.
    So one thing is certain here tonight in Atlanta: There will be some great pitching.
    The Braves are nearly unbeatable at home on Turner Field, and the Dodgers just do not score for Billingsley. However, the Braves have not been supporting the dominant Hanson at all of late either, and clearly will have their hands full in this contest this evening.
    The oddsmakers have really made this total play a difficult one as the line sits at 7. Both of these bullpens have been impressive of late, minus Broxton who has lost the closer’s role to one of the most dominant left handed, situational stud in recent memory. With Wagner and the rest of the Braves pen and Kuo as the new closer, the bullpens may be able to hold the total nice and low as the starters should leave it for them.
    It is foolish to bet against the Braves at home, as their record speaks for itself, but today I have the feeling the Dodgers may actually steal one here. This will be a very low scoring affair in which one mistake may seal the game. Fortunately for the fans melting in the Atlanta evening heat, this will be a quick one.

Nevada
    Nevada's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 181

Even though billingsly is probably the most overrated pitcher in the game, he is "due" for a win. I'm with you on this one!

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

there is +145 out there which he hasn't seen all year, seems like that is a good bet.

bigsmitty
    bigsmitty's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 370

I'm on TB-home advantage is always an important factor for me but good luck with your gig. Cheers

KUSH BY DA POUND
    KUSH BY DA POUND's Avatar Become A Pro!

dodgers!

Betting Guru
    Bookie Busting!
    Betting Guru's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

Hanson has being pitching pretty good, his last few outings. His last 4 outings, he has given up a total of 3 earned runs.

lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

atl wins at first glance

Fastwrx9
    Fastwrx9's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like the Dodgers tonight also. GL.

70kgman
    70kgman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1895

Dodgers were my biggest lean tonight. GL.

WIZARDOFBEANTOWN
    WIZARDOFBEANTOWN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

Good luck i like the under 7 and might go dodgers nice write up.

rthoughton

what a nightmare. That's why you don't quit on a game. After 8, I turned it off and headed to bed. Checked the iPhone and took it in the gut.
    I had just one play last night and it was large on the Dodgers +140. ouch.

legendmatt34
    legendmatt34's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 83

lad is like ariz now. no closer at all..

rthoughton

They went to Kuo in the 8th! Why the f\*\*k did they do that?! He had like a 5 pitch eighth and then was asked to take the 9th. Mismanaged. Kuo should have been brought out in the 9th and they should have gone to a different setup in the 8th. Or gone to Broxton to close out the game.