South Korean slugger Lee Dae-ho set the world's straight-game home run record in a Korean pro baseball match Saturday, when he homered in his ninth consecutive game.

The Lotte Giants infielder hit a three-run blast in the top of the second inning in an away game against the Kia Tigers in Gwangju, becoming the first baseball player in the world to hit a home run in nine consecutive games.
It was also Lee's league-leading 38th home run of the season.

Before Lee, three South Korean players had homered in six straight games.

In U.S. Major League Baseball, boasting a history of over 130 years, only three sluggers, including Ken Griffey Jr., have had eight consecutive home run games.

In Japan, only two seven-game home run streaks have been recorded since the birth of the country's pro baseball league in 1936.

With two on and one out, the 28-year-old Lee sent a 135-kilometer fork ball thrown by Kia's Kim Hee-geol over the center-field fence.

He began the streak on Aug. 4 against the Doosan Bears.

Ryu Hyun-jin of the Hanwha Eagles, undisputedly South Korea's best left hander, was one of the pitchers who gave up a home run to Lee during his streak.

"I'll do my best as I have received a lot of attention from fans. I'll go wherever I can go," Lee said prior to Saturday's game.

Fellow and senior baseballers highly praised Lee for his accomplishment.

"The pitchers and game situations differ from game to game, but Lee Dae-ho has shown an enormous concentration power," said Kim Ki-tae, a coach for the LG Twins.