gamble
    gamble's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3984

BLOG - LAD/ATL Under 7.5 (14-2)

Sorry for the last pick guys, tough loss to the Cubs for my Cards.

Here is my bounce back pick hopefully, in Atlanta. The Los Angeles Dodgers will be taking on the Atlanta Braves for the third and final game of their series. The first 2 games have resulted in a whopping 4 total runs for both sides, with each team coming away with a win. The hitting just has not been there for this series, with some good pitching against some lackluster hitting. I do not expect this hitting to pick up on Sunday as teams should be resting some of their starters and 2 solid pitchers going for each team. Some of this lack of hitting can be blamed on injuries, as both teams do have injuries to their starting lineups. As it stands, the Braves are currently listed at -140 favorites over the Dodgers, with the runs total being set at 7.5 runs for the game. This run total is the one I have my eye on, with the under in mind.

Jair Jurrjens will be taking the mound for the Atlanta Braves on Sunday against the Dodgers. Jurrjens has 4.16 ERA on the year, with a solid 1.26 WHIP and a 4-4 record. This start will come at home for Jurrjens, where he excels on the mound. Jurrjens currently has a stellar 1.91 ERA at home, with a 1.25 WHIP and 4-0 record. His daytime ERA is high, at 7.16 actually, but I attribute this to most of those starts coming on the road, where he has struggled this year. At home, Jurrjens has been masterful this year for the Braves. Vicente Padilla will be pitching for Dodgers, who has pitched pretty well this year for them. His ERA on the road has not been as good as his overall ERA (5.14 on the road versus 3.32 overall) but against the ailing Braves lineup, Padilla should be able to pitch somewhat deep into this game. Padilla has a stellar WHIP of only 1.00 this year and his record currently stands at 6-3. In this game, neither pitcher has faced the other team this year, which should bode well for the pitchers.

Both of these lineups are missing key components late in the season. The Braves have lost Chipper Jones and Martin Prado, 2 of their key hitters all year. Since these 2 hitters have gone down, the Braves have played their last 17 games with 12 of them going under the posted run total. The Dodgers are currently without Manny Ramirez, Rafael Furcal, and Russell Martin, all former All Stars for the Dodgers. I expect both of these pitchers to be able to get through these battered offenses with relative ease on Sunday. Also Sunday is a day that most managers like to rest their starters, so the lineups could be even more depleted for this game. This game should end in a low score, possibly around 3-2 or 4-2. Play the Under 7.5 in the Braves/Dodgers game on Sunday afternoon, before it goes down to a 7 run total as I expect it should.

Hope this is a winner guys, feel free to fade me or tail me, just trying to help you guys with some analysis
    Points Awarded:

swagger gave gamble 3 SBR Point(s) for this post.

swagger
    swagger's Avatar Become A Pro!

nice analysis, tailed
    BoL today

Pauulzcappin
    Pauulzcappin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 568

Looks good, I just hope the wind isn't blowing out.

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S
    Mikail's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nice write up. I like your analysis here. Under looks like the play. Good luck.

gamble

yea i would definitely check the wind and the lineups before i went huge on this, i already played a little bit to make sure it doesn't go down to 7 on me, i hate that

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10300

Thanks for putting in the time and energy.
    I'm on it.

Good Luck To All !!

LiarGame
    LiarGame's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4153

Thanks for the write up. I like the under as well

ericfree2010
    ericfree2010's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 845

No need to be sorry Gamble, your doing great ! Nice work again !

gamble

thanks for the points swagger, always appreciated.

hope i can get you guys a winner here, any comments are encouraged as well

thanks eric as well
    Last edited by gamble; 08-15-10 at 01:46 AM.
    Points Awarded:

ericfree2010 gave gamble 5 SBR Point(s) for this post.

gamble

damn forgot to put in the blog that the umpire is 8/15 for the O/U this year, another positive stat for the under. padilla also pitched with the ump in this game a few weeks ago, he shut out padres in that start

gamble

Alright I'm headed to bed, good luck everybody, hope you like the pick

WiseGrumpy
    Got banned, wow
    WiseGrumpy's Avatar Become A Pro!

GL mate!

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith
    itchypickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5620

I'm on the Under as well...in the Atl area and it's going to be hot as usual with good chance of some rain...so might push the game back.

AceKingHigh
    Going for the Win!
    AceKingHigh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3454

BOL! I have $60 on this one!

mp5070
    The Michael Scott Company
    mp5070's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7789

Thanks for the play! May play it.

Bostongambler
    Bostongambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14392

gl Gambler///

gamble

thanks hope we can get this one

jorge1
    OM
    jorge1's Avatar Become A Pro!

GAMBLE lets get it

Duby
    Duby's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4602

nice writeup...I like it!

aeschylus
    aeschylus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1102

FFS DOdgers pitching collapses

gamble

yea that was a terrible inning, still alive though here

jorge1
    OM

GAMBLE..this under is still alive...that inning was horrible, but honestly i dont see LAD scoring and ATL just had that inning..

i think this one come to the wire late

aeschylus
    aeschylus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1102

Sorry no more tailing for me, I would need to see you get back to form, as that bet went wrong very very badly

gamble

Oh I don't blame you, I can't believe how those runs were scored in this one, I'm sorry guys, I suck lately though, ill keep trying, fade if you would like

Rbyrne
    Rbyrne's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12643

damn you suck bro....youve lost ur last 3 picks....and of course you dont include the white sox loss in your record

gamble

Quote Originally Posted by Rbyrne View Post
    damn you suck bro....youve lost ur last 3 picks....and of course you dont include the white sox loss in your record
    Ha ok dude, yea god forbid I lose 3 games in a row, and why would I include a non blog in my blog record? I am sorry to give you guys losing picks though, ill just go back to playing and Not posting

AceKingHigh
    Going for the Win!
    AceKingHigh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3454

Eh, it was close enough... :S

Rbyrne
    Rbyrne's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12643

the white sox play was your bounce back play....you posted it in ur blog so include it in ur record...but im sure youll come back with some winners....i just happened to tail only your last three picks and none before so you can understand how i feel...but it was my choice to tail so its really my fault

gamble

Quote Originally Posted by Rbyrne View Post
    the white sox play was your bounce back play....you posted it in ur blog so include it in ur record...but im sure youll come back with some winners....i just happened to tail only your last three picks and none before so you can understand how i feel...but it was my choice to tail so its really my fault
    I didn't write a blog on it was what I meant though, and trust me I understand how you feel, I am very sorry to hear you tailed my losers though, I'm trying to get you guys some winners, I'm just good fade material right now

jorge1
    OM

GAMBLE..thanks for your hard work and blogs...keep em comin because two losers aint nothing comparing to the 14 winners you have posted...keep em comin... Once you get to 14-14, then ill stop tailin, LOL...

BOL and keep them plays comin my friend

gamble

Thanks Jorge, I'm gonna keep trying for you guys. I hope i can keep getting you guys some winners, I'm just gonna work harder to get them, fade me if you want though guys