No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Zambrano's neutered now, but

He has only given up 6 ER in his last 33.1 IP at StL -- all Cub victories (5-0) -- dating back to '07.

Just an FYI.

Saluki09
    Saluki09's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 350

This means absolutely nothing, Z is nothing compared to what he used to be. I hate it when people throw stats like this out, that was 3 years ago. I like looking at trends but not when the date back to 3 years ago.

gamble
    gamble's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3984

good stat but yea that was back when zambrano was a top starter, he is no longer what he once was, especially this year so I wouldn't put much stock into that stat

talnted
    talnted's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

nice avatar. kims hot

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by gamble View Post
    good stat but yea that was back when zambrano was a top starter, he is no longer what he once was, especially this year so I wouldn't put much stock into that stat
    He pitched pretty well there last Sept., and pretty well vs. the Cards all last season, when he was far from an ace.

gamble
    gamble's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3984

thats true but he been through a rough season, and the cubs don't have much to play for this year, combine that with the cardinals bats scoring 6.6 runs per game their last 7 games and the cardinals playing at home, i think they'll put up some runs