gamble
    gamble's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3984

Rangers ML Blog for 8/13

On Friday night the Texas Rangers will open up a 3 game set in Arlington against the Boston Red Sox. The Rangers come into this game after splitting a 2 game series with the first place New York Yankees also in Arlington, Texas. They had a great chance to take the sweep of the series, but lost the second game of the two, blowing a save and the game in the 9th inning. The Red Sox come into this series also after blowing a game in the 9th, with their loss coming against the Toronto Blue Jays. They blew a 3 run lead in the 9th inning to lose the 3rd game of the series in Toronto. They still took the series however, winning the first 2 games of it. Both of these teams will be plenty motivated, as they both are looking to make a playoff run as we move towards the end of the season. The current line for this game has the Rangers set as -135 favorites with a run total set at 9.5 runs.

The pitching matchup in this game will put Tommy Hunter for the Rangers pitching against Josh Beckett of the Red Sox. Tommy Hunter has been a solid starter for the Rangers this year, especially when pitching in front of the home crowd. For the year, Hunter has a 3.01 ERA and a 1.19 WHIP against opposing hitters, compiling a 9-1 record. His numbers look even better pitching at home, with his ERA sinking to 2.53 and his WHIP at a solid 1.10. Hunter already pitched against the Red Sox this year at Boston, coming away with a win, giving up only 2 runs in 6.2 innings pitched. Josh Beckett has put some ugly numbers this year, pitching to a 3-2 record but with an ERA of 6.21 and a WHIP of 1.49. Beckett also pitched against Texas earlier in the year, giving up 7 earned runs in 7 innings. This start also came in Boston, where Beckett is a much better pitcher. The start for Friday is in Texas however, where Hunter pitches well and Beckett struggles with road starts.

The Texas bats scored 6 and 4 runs against the tough Yankees pitching staff in their 2 games. I think them starting their homestand on Tuesday will be the jumpstart that their offense needed. They have always hit better at home, in the Texas heat they have become accustomed to. Another positive thing going for them in this game is the Boston pitching, with Beckett starting and the Boston bullpen coming off another blown save. The Red Sox bats have also been hot coming in, but I feel this is due to the Blue Jays having nothing to play for moreso than the Red Sox hitting. Don't get me wrong, the Red Sox bats are hot right now, but I feel Tommy Hunter at home should be able to limit the Red Sox scoring in this game. I really expect the Rangers to be able to put up some crooked numbers in this game, as they did the last time they hit against Beckett. Play the Rangers ML -135 on Friday night against the Red Sox.

I am 13-1 on these blogs I have been writing, but feel free to fade me, play at your own risk as always, thoughts are welcomed

ericfree2010
    ericfree2010's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 845

Thanks gamble, lot of works, i just wanna know how do you pick which game to focus on ?

gamble

just look at the lines and do some research, there are certain teams i look at more because i know them better (cardinals, sometimes rangers). usually just narrow it down by which game i like the most that has value

gamble

alright i'm out for the night, won't be on till late afternoon, give me some thoughts on if you like or dislike the pick

redore33
    redore33's Avatar Become A Pro!

Like the pic a lot, one of my 1st, along w/Houston,St L, At'l, Clev, Mn & WSX. BOL, VERY hot this wk, best of the yr. Also hit Raiders LN! Can't wait for CFB.

SparJMU
    SparJMU's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7523

13-1 is very impressive

alias69
    betting is a disease. who cares.
    alias69's Avatar Become A Pro!

gud luk mate

swaindexter
    swaindexter's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4563

Gamble, Very nice write up and you made some great points. Got to love 13-1!! Going heavey on the play today as well. Good luck on your wagers.....................

CHAZ
    5-2-1 (+2.37 units)
    CHAZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3180

I like the Rangers and the OVER. Both teams are capable of blowing it wide open and these two bullpens have been crumbling. This could go over 9.5 easy here.

aufordboy
    aufordboy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 544

I'm also going large on TEX tonight. BOL Everyone

jorge1
    OM
    jorge1's Avatar Become A Pro!

GAMBLE, i like the pick...more than that, i like the research. If someone can show me a reason why to wager, usually, there is a good bet. I like the reasoning, the momentum both teams have, the pitching matchup, etc. Im in 1.5x.

Thanks for the work!

CHAZ
    5-2-1 (+2.37 units)

The line has dropped to -128.

Anyone know why?

Iona
    Iona's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 49715

On them as well Gamble, good luck.

EspBruin
    EspBruin's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nice write up Gamble, I'm on Tex ML and FF as well. BOL.

kboiler
    kboiler's Avatar Become A Pro!

Great blog, good luck on your pick

chaseman
    chaseman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 562

gamble, thanks for the well-written post. Good info here.. also worth noting that the public isn't completely lop-sided on this game either, which makes it more attractive to me. As of now, around 63% is on Texas. I'm interested to see where the line moves on this one.

gamble

Thanks everybody for the kind words, I just hope it hits so we all make some money, good luck to everybody

ICE-BLOOD
    ICE-BLOOD's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7632

texas with hunter at home looks good

jorge1
    OM

gamble, how many games do you pick a day usually..i like the fact you do few, at least in your blog...been tailin couple days and SOLID...SOLID!!!

im on this TEX game just because u posted it

gamble

I usually do 1 or 2 if I like 2. Trust me, playing few games help, I started doing it last week, haven't had a negative day yet
    Points Awarded:

jorge1 gave gamble 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

jorge1
    OM

Quote Originally Posted by gamble View Post
    I usually do 1 or 2 if I like 2. Trust me, playing few games help, I started doing it last week, haven't had a negative day yet
    Will do..i have noticed some days i have a big big play early..i play it, cash it, and loose it all and sometimes more later on.

I am sticking to SMALL SMALL wagers on tennis...some golf (very profitable), and few MLB but big units. I like your blogs and as long as you do 1 or 2 games a day, i will probably discuss and tail...

I usually tail PACOs bit too...very very good cappin there man..but like i said, respect to ya, and im 1.5x in on this one based on your blog!

BOL and thank you

gamble

Yea exactly, I usually play 1 big play and maybe a small one or two after, and yea paco is money, I always check his thread as well. But if I hit my big play then I always make sure I stay positive for the day, that's what its all about. Good luck to you though, hope I can get you a winner tonight

gamble

I like the rangers but I also really like the white sox too, may make a play on them but haven't decided, anybody like them?

cgjeon
    cgjeon's Avatar Become A Pro!

White sox looks SOLID.
    Can't forget about MINN.. i think they are the best pick for today.

gamble

yea I liked the twins a lot too, maybe ill put a small MIN/CWS parlay on top of my rangers play, what you think?

gamble

oh my goodness, talk about stealing this one, gotta love it though. another winner puts my blog record to 14-1, also i won that twins/white sox parlay so 2-0 for the day, awesome

gamble

glad people got on this game with me, should be happy with this win

i should have a blog up tonight if anybody is interested, now up to 14-1 on blogs

jorge1
    OM

GAMBLE thanks for the pick...i played the -1 line and pushed but thanks! i enjoyed watching them fight and fight...when i saw them fighting back in the 6th i definetely saw them winning...honestly did...

will play your blog plays 1.5 times...which is pretty large for me

gamble

ah damn man sorry couldn't get you win, i thought the -1 would have been safe, but unfortunately hunter hot beat up a bit, which was the only thing i was concerned about. yea i didn't give up on them either, never do with the rangers offense.

thanks for the vote of confidence, might be putting the Cards RL tomorrow for my blog, looks nice, but I'm still deciding

jorge1
    OM

PACO already got the runline...if you play it, which i have them for 1.5x, then i will go for 3x on it...i LOVE, and i will repeat this, LOVE FADING THE CUBS...

perfect setup here...sluggin STL, with good pitchin, against Rusty zambrano...i think zambrano gets lit up and pissed here.lol...he looses it here...for sure...

but thanks, and dont worry, im really happy the way they came back..my bankroll grew today by 54 percent...what else can i ask for...

thank you for your hard work my friend...i will be droppin by to discuss games with ya

gamble

oh ok then you know its a solid pick if he's on it, i just don't like putting runlines on home teams, but i really wouldn't mind doing it this game. I'm either going to play the RL straight up or parlay the ML with maybe the White Sox or the Padres. Leaning towards just playing the RL and going from there, the cards bats have heated up and carpenter knows they need to win ballgames bad, usually when you get the best from him....

and good shit a real good day for you then, yea a push ain't bad after going down 8-2 in a game though, great comeback. no problem man, just trying to help people out while helping myself as well, sounds good hit me up

CHAZ
    5-2-1 (+2.37 units)

Another great pick! Keep it going, bud. I was happy my over hit pretty early but was alittle worried when they were down 8-2. A win is a win though

gamble

thanks, i'm trying to stay hot for as long as possible. yea i was leaning towards playing the over as well but i didn't, just the side. glad they pulled off the comeback, great game to be on the right side of