dynamite140
    dynamite140's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 38481

What would be the line if a Triple A baseball team faced the Seattle Mariners?

Seattle Mariners are the worst team in baseball this year. Their offense is the most pathetic team i ever seen. I know in minor league baseball they have A, AA and AAA. I heard someone said that most of the minor league players would not bat past the mendoza line which is .200.

Now i don't know anything about minor league teams or the players. But if you take the best AAA team and have them play against the Seattle Mariners, what would the line be? Now, of course the Starting Pitcher won't be King Felix but let say its Rowland Smith. He's the worst starting pitcher in baseball i think this year with a record of 1-10 and 6 ERA i think.

What would be the line for this game versus the best AAA team with their best starting pitcher against the Mariners? I also noticed that in international baseball, the lines are not actually regular lines. I think i saw 2 teams in the world baseball classic and the line was something along one team -5 runs with -115 juice.

This Mariners team is really pathetic offensively. Every player in their squad hits below .250 besides Ichiro. I know 1 game doesn't prove much but if they play a 3 game series, would it be pretty certain the Mariners win all 3 even if Felix doesn't pitch in any of those games? What would the score be around?

Betting Guru
    Bookie Busting!
    Betting Guru's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

Even though Seattle may be terrible against other MLB teams, a AAA team wouldn't stand a chance. It's a totally different level of play from AAA to the MLB's. I've seen a bunch of hitters and pitchers dominate in AAA only to get dominated in the Majors. I would be interested to know what the line would be.

rthoughton
    rthoughton's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2101

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Rowland-Smith +150

King Felix -320

But seriously Seattle can't score at home B/c no one can score in Seattle. Seattle averages more runs on the road than at home

starfire
    starfire's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1130

cubs are the worse...AAA -115 Cubs +105

mdemps9190
    mdemps9190's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7237

I'd say around the -280 mark. I mean the pirates in spring training (yes I know it's not their stud roster) lost to a community college.

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

depends on the AAA team and the starters.

If King Felix is starting, something like -400.

If Rowland-Smith is starting, maybe -225.

Regarding the stipulations in the first post, I think -225 with Rowland-Smith against the best AAA team.

dynamite140
    dynamite140's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 38481

anyone else?

iloseagain
    iloseagain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 268

seattle would be a huge favorite

MLB players are the best of the AAA players....even though seattles players are bad theres a reason theyre in the MLB and not other AAA players