Joe_Shabadoo
    Joe_Shabadoo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1184

8/8: Sf @ atl

I've had to wait a short while since Jurjjens was up, lost a bit on that strange outing yesterday, and cashed some on Hudson.

Now, I'm thinking, well, that Derek Lowe can keep this fading Giants offense in check tomorrow. I'm a little worried about his k/walk ratio as of recently, but, for some reason, SF just does not seem to have any batting control in this park during the series.

Thoughts?

neila
    neila's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 139

Braves are just too inconsistent for me. Their hitting with RISP is anemic. Glaus finally got a big hit for them sandwiched between 2 GIDP's but usually comes up short in big situations after the hitters are on base. And, McCann will probably get the day off tomorrow so that's one less bat in the lineup. A toss up at best IMO.

Joe_Shabadoo

Quote Originally Posted by neila View Post
    Braves are just too inconsistent for me. Their hitting with RISP is anemic. Glaus finally got a big hit for them sandwiched between 2 GIDP's but usually comes up short in big situations after the hitters are on base. And, McCann will probably get the day off tomorrow so that's one less bat in the lineup. A toss up at best IMO.
    Noted.

I'll be checking the line-ups anticipating this.

BrigadierPudding
    Update your status
    BrigadierPudding's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1809

I don't trust Lowe, but I also don't like fading the Braves vs SP like Sanchez who is prone to wildness. The one thing the Braves lineup does well is work counts - they lead the league in walks. Tough call all around.

70kgman
    70kgman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1895

I like SF at plus value. Atlanta struggle against LHP. Just about every starter on that team has a much lower average against lefties than righties. Sanchez's road numbers are better than Lowe's home numbers. Every other petty stat I looked up seemed to be basically a wash on every one.

Joe_Shabadoo

Quote Originally Posted by BrigadierPudding View Post
    I don't trust Lowe, but I also don't like fading the Braves vs SP like Sanchez who is prone to wildness. The one thing the Braves lineup does well is work counts - they lead the league in walks. Tough call all around.
    And, if I remember correctly, Sanchez leads the N.L., if not the League, in walks-per-game.

Lowe, I believe, is in the N.L. top-five in terms of lowest flyball-to-groundball ratio.

SF has scored what, 5-6 earned runs in the last 4-5 games? No homers in that span, too.

Eh, I think I'm going to ride this line-up again if McCann's in tomorrow (in an attempt to keep that 2-game-or-so lead over Philly).

Maybe Glaus can keep up this "resurgence" tomorrow as well.