Mr Windy City
    BANNED
    Mr Windy City's Avatar Become A Pro!

Mets vs. Phillies Play!

First the recap, won easy with the Red Sox on the run line yesterday as they won 6-2. That is now 3 straight winners, and I hope to bring you the 4th. Looking at this Mets/Phillies game for tonight. We have Jonathon Niese going for the Mets and Joe Blanton for the Phillies. Let's talk about Niese first. He is 7-5 on the year with a 3.78 ERA. He is 1-1 in his last 3 starts with a 5.87 ERA. In 8 night starts this season he is 5-3 and his ERA dips to 3.65. His opponents on base percentage is only .320, and his team is giving him 5.46 runs of support in those 8 starts. Better yet, his opponent is only averaging 3.08 runs in those starts and his team record is 8-5. Niese has one career start against the Phillies and it came back on April 30th of this year where he just dominated them. He lasted 7 innings, only giving up 4 hits, striking out 7 and only surrendering 1 run. He also only walked 1 batter and the Mets went on to win that game 9-1.

Phillies counter with Joe Blanton who is 4-6 on the year with a 5.86 ERA. In his last 3 starts he is 1-1 with a 4.26 ERA. In 4 night starts this season he is 1-3 with a 5.52 ERA and his opponents on base percentage is a whopping .380. Mr. Blanton seems to have a problem when he starts at night. Do you know in 44 innings pitched he has somehow managed to give up 59 hits and 30 runs? That's almost 1.5 hits an inning and 1.4 runs scored every 2 innings. Not exactly Cy Young numbers if ya ask me. Mr. Blanton started against this same Mets team back on May 26th, lasting only 5.1 innings, giving up 6 hits, and 5 earned runs. He also walked 4 and gave up 1 home run in that game, his team lost 5-0. The umpire in today's game is Mike DiMuro. He is not a home team umpire by any means. In 22 starts the home team has only mustered 7 wins and the road team has been victorious 15 times. Mets have had success with Mr. DiMuro in the past. Road team is 5-0 in DiMuros last 5 games behind home plate vs. Philadelphia. Road team is 6-1 in DiMuros last 7 Friday games behind home plate. Mets are 5-1 in their last 6 games with DiMuro behind home plate. Also, the Road team is 19-7 in DiMuros last 26 games behind home plate, and the Phillies are 1-4 in their last 5 games with DiMuro behind home plate. I do have some stats and angles that support my play as well. Mets are 4-1 in their last 5 games following a loss. Mets are 9-3 in their last 12 games following an off day. Mets are 14-6 in their last 20 after allowing 5 runs or more in their previous game. Mets are 16-7 in their last 23 games vs. a starter with a WHIP greater than 1.30. Also the Mets have had some recent success in this situation with Niese on the mound. Mets are 5-0 in Nieses last 5 starts during game 1 of a series. Mets are 5-1 in Nieses last 6 starts vs. National League East. So there you have it folks, my play for tonight is the New York Mets. Fade or play, I wish all my friends here the best of luck. Hopefully the weekend treats us all right and we all end up in the black. Cheers guys, let's get it!

New York Mets (+115)
    Risking 200 to Win 230

Rbyrne
    Rbyrne's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12643

Nice dog play Windy.....Phillies are due to go on a lil losing streak soon....how long can they continue to win with Utley, Howard, and Victorino all on the DL

ROFLcopter
    ROFLcopter's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1284

agreed. liking Phillies TT under 4.5 as well

Mr Windy City
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rbyrne View Post
    Nice dog play Windy.....Phillies are due to go on a lil losing streak soon....how long can they continue to win with Utley, Howard, and Victorino all on the DL
    Thanks Rbyrne, I just think this is a great spot for the Mets. I think the Phillies bats go silent tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by ROFLcopter View Post
    agreed. liking Phillies TT under 4.5 as well
    That might be a winner as well. Good luck if you play it!

Rbyrne
    Rbyrne's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12643

I got them at +119 Windy

d14b
    d14b's Avatar Become A Pro!

leaned mets as well and now that i see you're on it, can't help but take an even closer look. thanks for the insight, as always, windy!

Mr Windy City
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rbyrne View Post
    I got them at +119 Windy
    Even better!

Quote Originally Posted by d14b View Post
    leaned mets as well and now that i see you're on it, can't help but take an even closer look. thanks for the insight, as always, windy!
    Anytime d14b, let's get it!

Ringo
    Ringo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1119

This game is going over tonight. Dont let the injuries fool you. Ross Gload, D Brown, and Francisco all no how to swing the bats well. Ruiz, Ibanez, Palonco are RED HOT right now. Werth is the only one playin with his head up his ass but this lineup can still light it up no doubt

Mr Windy City
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    This game is going over tonight. Dont let the injuries fool you. Ross Gload, D Brown, and Francisco all no how to swing the bats well. Ruiz, Ibanez, Palonco are RED HOT right now. Werth is the only one playin with his head up his ass but this lineup can still light it up no doubt
    Not playing the total nor do I care, but best of luck if you are playing it!

BookieRobber
    BookieRobber's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 389

LETS GET THIS MONEY ON A FREAKY FRIDAY...

Mr Windy City
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BookieRobber View Post
    LETS GET THIS MONEY ON A FREAKY FRIDAY...
    Yeessssirrr!

Mr Windy City
    BANNED

Phillies Run Line has moved up 9 cents and their money line has dropped 6 cents. Hope we are on the right track.

Atomicdog
    Atomicdog's Avatar Become A Pro!

I heard Reggie Jackson say today that he would like to see the Mets do well.
    I almost fell out of my chair but maybe it's a good sign.
    Good luck tonight.

stc9357
    stc9357's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

Mets TT Over 3.5 (-130) my play on the game I expect blanton to get lit up but if not 4 runs will do lol.

Mr Windy City
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Atomicdog View Post
    I heard Reggie Jackson say today that he would like to see the Mets do well. I almost fell out of my chair but maybe it's a good sign. Good luck tonight.
    Well hopefully it starts tonight then! Reggie probably took the Mets tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by stc9357 View Post
    Mets TT Over 3.5 (-130) my play on the game I expect blanton to get lit up but if not 4 runs will do lol.
    GL stc, I expect at least 4 from them as well. Good Luck To Us!

Wilforth
    Update your status
    Wilforth's Avatar Become A Pro!

On the opposite side of this one. But BOL.

Mr Windy City
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wilforth View Post
    On the opposite side of this one. But BOL.
    Hate to hear that Wil, but I appreciate it. One of us will be happy.

Wilforth
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Windy City View Post
    Hate to hear that Wil, but I appreciate it. One of us will be happy.
    Lots of game left, man. Your analysis of the game is excellent but the Mets are not offensively productive on the road. In baseball, a bad offense can turn the worst pitcher into the second coming of Cy Young.

ttm
    ttm's Avatar Become A Pro!

Philly needs to get some offense going too. Goodluck to both sides though

jiwoolim
    jiwoolim's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 726

BookieRobber
    BookieRobber's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 389

we will get em saturday Windy City....alot of money on the board tomorrow..

Wilforth
    Update your status

Windy,

You'll be fine tomorrow. Get 'em next time.