brumbies
    sail close to the wind
    brumbies's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7808

What a sickening collision between Carlos Santana and Kalish at home plate!

http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?co...me_pk%3D265386

Up there on my list of gruesome injuries which include the line drives to Kuroda and Huff's head!

tanner40
    tanner40's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8060

Yeah that I always think of McGahee's and Shaun Livingston's. I tore my ACL it is not fun

Ralphie1412
    You Come at the King You Best Not Miss
    Ralphie1412's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1209

That Kalish kid is a stud

BrigadierPudding
    Update your status
    BrigadierPudding's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1809

Someone mentioned this on Twitter, but why the hell are you sending a runner with 1 out in the inning and down 4 runs. Boston's 3B coach ought to be fired.

Things just keep getting worse for Cleveland. This Santana kid was a stud. Who knows if he'll ever catch again.

Stinger
    Stinger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Yeah, that looked bad, I wish him the best

Gtawatson
    Gtawatson's Avatar Become A Pro!

That was one of those ones that they shouldn't have showed more than once on replay. But nesn continued to show it a dozen times

Jon825
    YTD: 59-43-2
    Jon825's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1347

i saw that. that was intense.

lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

Kalish is such a oyster, man. he tried to break Santana's legs on that slide.

THIS is why baseball players make so much money, situations like this- their careers could be over in the blink of an eye.

Ralphie1412
    You Come at the King You Best Not Miss
    Ralphie1412's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1209

Quote Originally Posted by lunchbawks View Post
    Kalish is such a oyster, man. he tried to break Santana's legs on that slide. THIS is why baseball players make so much money, situations like this- their careers could be over in the blink of an eye.
    It was clean, and I love guys who do what Kalish did. He got sent by his coach hes gonna go balls out. Santana just had an awesome block of the plate at the last second. He didnt TRY to do that, he tried to score.

Pauulzcappin
    Pauulzcappin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 568

He should have avoided contact, 99% players slide away from the catcher so you won't break him in half, what a fvcking oyster.

Pauulzcappin

I wish someone would shoot this fvcking kid in the head, what a fvcking asswipe

Gee
    Gee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2327

You guys think that was bad?? Check this one out from AFL (Australian Football League) a few weeks ago. Probably the Fremantle Dockers best player too - they have really struggled without him since.

or http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttgYUGiFEM0 for a lower quality one with sound.

Its up there with

both players absolute superstars at their respective clubs when these happened.

make$take$
    make$take$'s Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm from Boston, huge fan, and that was terrible by Kalish. He is just kid playing his first few in the majors and nervous about shit I'm sure, which is what it looked like his problem was that he couldnt make up his mind between slide or plow. U gotta know better than to take the option that throws all your weight into a guys knee like that. People r gonna be saying in a couple years, remember how much potential that Santana kid had before that guy from the sox destroyed his knee like a d-bag

Pauulzcappin

You can't be seriously comparing rugby to baseball.

Gee
    Gee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2327

Quote Originally Posted by Pauulzcappin View Post
    You can't be seriously comparing rugby to baseball.
    not rugby... i really just wanted to share the injury

make$take$

Quote Originally Posted by Pauulzcappin View Post
    I wish someone would shoot this fvcking kid in the head, what a fvcking asswipe
    u hate when people bust others knees, but murder is cool? That isn't very sound logic.

lunchbawks
    NB#

Quote Originally Posted by make$take$ View Post
    u hate when people bust others knees, but murder is cool? That isn't very sound logic.
    If there was a death penalty in baseball, Kalish would be on death row right now.

Pauulzcappin

I might have exceeded myself, but the kid was an idiot.

The play was so fvcking unnecessary it makes me sick to my nerves, not even kidding.

Double Bogey
    Double Bogey's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1472

Don't think it was deliberate, just hard playing. goes with the territory of catching.

make$take$

It was completely unnecessary. Even though it was not deliberate u cant play baseball ur whole life and not know what to do there. Slide away from the catcher and avoid the tag or level him upper body to upper body. Dont just bend his fvckin knee backwards. U can be yourself again after a concussion or two, but I dont think this kid will ever be the same.

BiffTFinancial
    BiffTFinancial's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5368

Quote Originally Posted by make$take$ View Post
    I'm from Boston, huge fan, and that was terrible by Kalish. He is just kid playing his first few in the majors and nervous about shit I'm sure, which is what it looked like his problem was that he couldnt make up his mind between slide or plow. U gotta know better than to take the option that throws all your weight into a guys knee like that. People r gonna be saying in a couple years, remember how much potential that Santana kid had before that guy from the sox destroyed his knee like a d-bag
    this. another day in the life of Cleveland sports, i suppose. what sucks is that Santana is without a doubt the future of the franchise. hope he still is after the MRI comes back today.

Glada Tartan
    Swedish brännboll-expert ;D
    Glada Tartan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Poor bastard

GroundnPound
    Winning
    GroundnPound's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 600

That Red Sox player is such a fvkcn idiot. If the guy is blocking the plate you have to go around him, you can't go through him.

lunchbawks
    NB#

Quote Originally Posted by GroundnPound View Post
    That Red Sox player is such a fvkcn idiot. If the guy is blocking the plate you have to go around him, you can't go through him.
    yes you can go through him, you can't take out his legs (unwritten rule) but you can make a tackle so the catcher might drop the ball.

make$take$

Quote Originally Posted by lunchbawks View Post
    yes you can go through him, you can't take out his legs (unwritten rule) but you can make a tackle so the catcher might drop the ball.
    Exactly. Shoulder to upper body is fine, and part of the game. Another part of the game is a catcher saving his team a run once in a while all by himself if he is a good plate blocker. If that happened to Martinez or Varitek I would want the person's head. U can't just poss ruin a career with that bonehead shit. It wasn't deliberate, but that does not excuse it. I'm guessing not many feel worse than Kalish, or at least I hope that is the case.

brumbies
    sail close to the wind
    brumbies's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7808

Wow can you believe that Carlos Santana only got a sprained left knee from that collision? Simply amazing! Nothing is broken!