barts185
    barts185's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 769

Warning about posters who misrepresent records

This is going to sound ridiculous, and I can't believe I actually got caught up in it for awhile, so I'm just posting this generic warning since I said I would no longer participate in the thread.

Be very cautious if you have someone who is posting plays after the fact, or sometimes even just a record after the fact, without even saying which games were plays.

Anyone who wants a first hand view can just look at another thread I participated in recently until I gave up.

It could be a full-time job to actually correct all the "mistakes" which are being made in the tracking of the plays in that thread. Amazingly, 90+ % of the "mistakes" make the record better. And, it appears to be getting worse.

It could just be a coincidence, so I'm not accusing anyone of anything, just issuing a generic warning that when someone says "Here are the possible plays early, team A, team B, team C". And then, after the games are over and all of those games lose, posts a record saying, "the system went 2-1 last night", and then won't say which games were even plays, warning flags should be going off.

Good Luck,
    Bart
    Points Awarded:

hockey07 gave barts185 10 SBR Point(s) for this post.

barts185

Every so often I might point out some inaccuracies.

I don't have time for them all, but since he actually said which games were plays yesterday (not often he does that), I'll point out that he's counting a game where the team was on a 4 game losing streak even though the system says that it's not a play if a team is on a 2 game or longer losing streak. I guess that only applies when he wants it to apply, and since this game won, he figured (after the fact of course) that it shouldn't apply, so add another winner for the system.

The recap of one of the other systems in the threads somehow managed to miss 2 additional losers yesterday (they have it going 0-2 when it went 0-4).
    Last edited by barts185; 07-31-10 at 05:40 PM.

barts185

It's really getting to the point where it's a comedy. Wrong teams, wrong records, ignoring the system and filters when they feel like it (always after the game has been decided of course - never seem to ignore the filters on winners). And then overriding everything because you can't just play every game the systems says, especially when the books are begging you to take that side.

I couldn't make stuff like this up if I tried.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Ralphie1412
    You Come at the King You Best Not Miss
    Ralphie1412's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1209

me and houli and 2dabank have been fighting this good fight for years.

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Good on you for doing this bart and please don't feel that your efforts have gone unnoticed even if people aren't vocal in that thread with their support. Posters watch what is going on even if they don't have the confidence to comment/feel they have nothing of value to add to the conversation and you can rest assured that you have made more than one person aware that things may not be quite as they appear. Great job and thank you for putting the effort in to make others aware of what is actually taking place.

DeluxeLiner
    DeluxeLiner's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2280

Can we get a faker list?

Patrick McIrish
    Patrick McIrish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 115

Yeah who all are faking records? I mean I appreciate the work but can you be specific for those of us who don't read every thread on the forum? Thanks.

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

It seems he doesn't want to blast anyone in this thread which is a classy move on his part but if you just click on his posts and see the MLB thread he has been frequenting, you'll figure it out quickly.

Tomato
    Tomato's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 618

You mean people would actually artificially inflate their record so they can tout their "success" as a gambler?

Tomato cannot believe people would do that! It's unbelievable!

PuckCoach
    PuckCoach's Avatar Become A Pro!

What? The matrix failed?

My guess is it's the system where 1 loss equals 20+. Home teams can't get swept in their house, right?

Joe Dogs
    Joe Dogs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 593

Bart 185

Its all about integrety....nothing more,nothing less

barts185

Quote Originally Posted by PuckCoach View Post
    What? The matrix failed?

My guess is it's the system where 1 loss equals 20+. Home teams can't get swept in their house, right?

No, actually it's not.

I don't agree with most chase systems, and feel that people will get hurt by them, but if people actually keep honest records about what's going on, I don't have an issue with chase systems.

This is very simply about someone changing games in an effort to make the record look better.

For example - team A, team B and team C should be plays, they go 0-3. The next morning, a record of something other than 0-3 is posted, not listing the games, just saying (for example) the system went 2-1 last night and then moving on to today's plays. If you question the plays, you get told that you just don't understand the system.

Take Care,
    Bart

CappinTerp
    CappinTerp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

I can not belive anyone would be dishonest.!!

SolidDala
    SolidDala's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

That thread were little screwed up with just one person making plays VERY clear on how to play it... To bad its not the owner of the thread he doesn't even seem to be willing to clarify the rules and lines.. stupid

CHAZ
    5-2-1 (+2.37 units)
    CHAZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3180

What can you do there's always a few village idiots. I just stay out of those threads and try not to be caught up in the bs. There are some really great handicappers on this forum so dont get steered away because some people can't be honest. I stopped posting my plays cause I suck it up in baseball lol maybe I should be a cool kid and post a fake record for the attention and points.

Rixsaw
    Rixsaw's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 96

I have absolutely no life, where can I sign up to track people's records?

TodaysAction
    http://www.winningwithtodaysaction.net/
    TodaysAction's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7276

This is one of the reason I stopped updating my "At A Glance" thread - the purpose was to have one place where people could compare/contrast the different cappers. It was brought to my attention few started inflating their unit/action to "look good" and after seeing it to be true, haven't updated since.

VegasPlayer
    VegasPlayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6319

Anybody here ever get paid the -1.5 on a 6 inning (Rain Shortened) game?

Dexter
    Update your status
    Dexter's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by TodaysAction View Post
    This is one of the reason I stopped updating my "At A Glance" thread - the purpose was to have one place where people could compare/contrast the different cappers. It was brought to my attention few started inflating their unit/action to "look good" and after seeing it to be true, haven't updated since.
    there are only a handful of us who are truly honest - you TA are one of the honest ones.

shoe, LB etc are some of the others that jump out in my mind....

TodaysAction
    http://www.winningwithtodaysaction.net/
    TodaysAction's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7276

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter View Post
    there are only a handful of us who are truly honest - you TA are one of the honest ones.

shoe, LB etc are some of the others that jump out in my mind....
    Thank you Dexter. It's annoying seeing a person "betting 3 condo's", "going all in", "lock of the (fill in the blank) - what I've noticed here is those are good fades most times. I'm sure you recall what I did in the hockey forum season before last after the tirade of "locks" day after day. After that, people stopped using the "L" word - mission accomplished.

barts185

Wow, the main person in the thread really likes calling people stupid.

It would be amusing for someone to ask how stupid he is since he apparently can't even count to 2.

He has numerous times now said that LAA was a play on 07/30. The problem is, LAA was on a 4 game losing streak on 07/30. You can't play a team who is on a 2 game or longer losing streak. Well, at least according to the system. He can apparently play whatever game he wants to (after the fact) and then just call people stupid if they say it wasn't a play.

barts185

I thought I was really done with this thread, but this is just so ridiculous I had to comment on it.

The CUBS were the play if the line was between -115 and -175. I can only find 1 place that closed below -115, and most were over the -115 threshold.

Yet, AFTER THE GAME WAS OVER, they post that they didn't play the game because the line was -117 and then thank the person.

They have actually been a lot better about tracking the plays, but posts like this just make it still seem so bad.

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

If every play was a game of the year it would solve all the problems.