nobs
    5 DIMES IS A JOKE
    nobs's Avatar Become A Pro!

TEXAS RANGERS with Tommy Hunter + 105

I love the Texas Rangers going with Tommy Hunter tonight at +105.

The Rangers are clearly overall the better team here as their record is better, they have better hitting, and clearly the better bullpen. In fact, the Angels may have the worst bullpen in baseball.

The Angels are starting one of their best pitchers tonight in Ervin Santana. This is the only reason the Angels are favored, but I dont think it is justified even with Santana starting.

Santana comes in with a 3.55 ERA. He has 20 starts for a total of 137 innings pitched, so he is going nearly 7 innings per start. This is something that he will need to able to do tonight, as it is important that he keep the Angel bullpen out of the game for as long as possible.

However, I think with this potent Ranger offense, he will be out of the game by the end of the sixth inning. Eevn though Santana has gone deep into a lot of games, he has been very hittable this season. He has a decent, but not great 3.55 ERA, he has also allowed right at 1 hit per inning. Santana has given up 42 walks and 17 Home Runs.

On the other side of the ball, the Rangers start Tommy Hunter. Hunter has an impressive 8-0 record this season. He has a 2.31 ERA but has still managed to fly under the radar. Hunter now has 10 starts for a total of 62 innings pitched. He has only allowed 52 hits, and only allowed 7 home runs.

So while Santana is more of a proven long term pitcher, it is getting to the points where Hunter can no longer be brushed off as just having thrown a few good starts. He now has 10 starts and has not taken a loss yet. In fact, an 8-0 record in just 10 starts is veery impressive as he is picking up the win in 80% of his starts.

I think another big big advantage the Rangers have in this game is their hitting. The Rangers have an undeniably better lineup.

Rangers

Andrus .268
    Young .307
    Hamilton .362
    Guerrero .307
    Nelson Cruz .330
    Murphy .255
    Arias .286

Angels

Aybar .279
    Isturis .237
    Callaspo .274
    Abreu .253
    Matsui .251
    Kendrick .270
    Napoli .251

So the Rangers have 4 .300+ hitters, and the Angels have noone in their lineup hitting even .280. The Rangers are also a home run threat with Young, Hamilton, Guerreo, and Nelson Cruz. The Angels on the other hand dont pack much of a threat for the long ball.

Another big advantage here for the Rangers is the bullpen. The Rangers have a lot of strong relievers to bring in. Ogando with a 1.31 ERA, ODay with a 1.30 ERA and Fransisco with a 3.34 ERA just to mention a few.

the Angels have struggled with relief pitching all year. They were off last night, which is an advantage for them. But in their last game, the Angels only got 5 outs from their starter, Scott Shields, so their bullpen was used for 7 innings and gave up 5 earned runs.

A lot is being made of this series being very important to the Angels as they are getting very close to being out of the divisional race. But to me, its far more important to the Rangers. Lets be real, the Angels are not going to make the playoffs, they are barely avoiding falling under .500, the Rangers on the other hand have the third best winning percentage in baseball, and could still catch the Yankees for the best record if they finish strong. They will have to crush their divisional opponents to do this.

The Rangers at +105 with Tommy Hunter ( 8-0 2.31 ERA ) is the play tonight.

hawley
    hawley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

im on the rangers to

good luck

landers781
    landers781's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

i just dont understand the line....im on rangers too but that line is frightening

702underdog
    702underdog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2427

Cant pass up on Tommy Hunter at +$ even with Ervin Santana on the mound.

TonyP
    Update your status
    TonyP's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1290

on the Rangers to

obamaismyuncle
    obamaismyuncle's Avatar Become A Pro!

stay far far far far far far away from betting on the Rangers tonight. Angels win.

bozeman
    bozeman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5145

always love your picks, especially whenn i am on them anyway, bol

Pauulzcappin
    Pauulzcappin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 568

Is Cantu starting tonight?

spippen
    spippen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10669

Stake T Hunter with a 3-0 lead and you may as well call it "game over"!!

spippen

Oh, I forgot, put Ervin Santana (stiffs' defined) on the mound anytime against Texas and you may as well call it "game over"!

Fthenorm
    Fthenorm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 795

definitely wrong team favored in this game

spippen

Game Over. Usually I would never say this, but this game should be cashed right now, no doubt about it. Texas to the bank!

obamaismyuncle
    obamaismyuncle's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by obamaismyuncle View Post
    stay far far far far far far away from betting on the Rangers tonight. Angels win.

scratbandit
    scratbandit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 630

Go rangers on this one also...