Kirby Zhang
    Research time!
    Kirby Zhang's Avatar Become A Pro!

Kirby Zhang MLB Picks-write ups july 30th

Alight guys, not a lot of dogs today, just good home teams with their Ace Starters. Here are my TOP 3

1. Atlanta Braves @ Cincinnati - Cincinnati (featured write up)
    2. Pittsburgh @ St Louis - St Louis - St Louis -1.5
    3. LA Dodgers @ San Fransisco - San Fransisco

Red Hot

Atlanta Braves @ Cincinnati Reds - PICK: Cincinnati -140

Atlanta is in the midst of a disappointing road trip, losing to the Nationals yesterday 5-3 and overall going 2-4 during this nine-game road trip. In addition Jason Hayward has gone 1-9 cooling off from his hot hitting streak.You don't need a genius to pick this match up, tail em' when they're hot, and fade em' when they cool off. Atlanta, ladies and gentlemen has cooled off, how can you tell? Well allow me to show you what a hot team with a hot starter looks like. It looks like Cincinnati; Although Cincinnati has cooled off a bit themselves and allowed the lead spot to shrink they are starting one of the most effective pitchers with home field advantage. Jonny Cueto looks to dominate tonight once again, Cueto (10-2, 3.18 ERA) has been nothing but phenomenal on the mound, The right-hander is 10-1 with a 2.63 ERA in 16 starts -- 4-0 with a 0.88 ERA in his last six. He is 1-0 with a 2.08 ERA in two starts versus the Braves. Also Cincinnati went 4-2 on their road trip and slammed Milwaukee 22-6 in that series, look man I know the brewers aren't really a pitching kind of time, but Cincinnati is legitimate. Look guys, things change, in the beginning of the year it was Jimminez, now its going to be Ol' Jonny boy. So now value, you'd think that the books would have this in the -165 area, no sir, this game can be found as low as -129. are you freaking kidding me? Hey, are you still with me here? They are handing out money tonight!!! Now ask yourselves why the line would be this low, it may or may-not have something to do with Kris Medlen (6-2, 3.57) starting for the Braves, Medlen has been solid he 5-0 with 3.74 ERA in 12 starts, with the Braves winning 11, however showed inconsistency on Saturday giving up five runs, although he did strikeout 8 for his highest ever he received a no decision against Florida in a 10-5 win. His numbers might also be a little misleading because he has been in and out of the bullpen. There you have it, I gave you the pros, and the cons, I didn't write this as a one sided bias piece of work worse than the type of garbage you see in a political campaigns. All I'm saying is understand the facts, and make a decision. As for my opinion, I"ll take the home team, the hotter team, with the better pitcher.

FACTS & TRENDS

Friday
    07/30/2010
    10:55 AM Injury Team: Atlanta Braves
    Name: Alex Gonzalez
    Position: SS Type: flu
    Explanation: missed last game, is downgraded to not expected to be in the starting lineup Friday vs Cincinnati.

Cincinnati Wins: 57 Loss: 46 Win % 0.553 Units: +9.1
    Atlanta: Wins:58 Loss:43 Win %:0.574 Units: +6.7

STAY STRONG
    STAY STRONG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

i like it. gl.

Kirby Zhang
    Research time!

Thanks man, are you on cincy too?

Glada Tartan
    Swedish brännboll-expert ;D
    Glada Tartan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Reds for the win, indeed!!!

Kirby Zhang
    Research time!

wow people are all over tampa bays nuts tonight...

Kirby Zhang
    Research time!

;..