Mr Windy City
    BANNED
    Mr Windy City's Avatar Become A Pro!

Marlins vs. Giants Play!

First the recap, lost both games yesterday dropping 3 units. Only my 2nd losing night in like 10 days. Today, I look to get back on track. As stated earlier in a thread, I have been looking at this Marlins/Giants game. We have Anibal Sanchez going for the Marlins and Madison Bumgarner for the Giants. Sanchez has medicore numbers with a 7-6 record a 3.59 ERA. He is 1-1 in day starts with a nice 3.41 ERA compared to a 4.75 in night starts. He actually has yet to give up a long ball yet in day starts as well. What intrigues me is this current game situation. We are in game 4 of this series and the Marlins excel in this spot. In 5 Game 4's this season the Marlins have won every single one including 2 of them coming off a loss. They are also 7-1 in their last 8 games following a loss. The Giants are 2-3 in Game 4's and 2-2 coming off a win. The Giants counter with Madison Bumgarner and this kid has been terrific as of late. After dropping his first 2 major league starts he has strung off 4 consecutive wins. Beating the Brewers, Nationals, Dodgers, and Diamondbacks, and all of them on the ROAD. Now he comes back home where he started his career off losing, will the memory be in the back of his head? He hasn't pitched at home since June 26th, somehow 5 of his 6 starts have been on the road. His ERA doubles when he starts during the day as it is 3.15 compared to 1.74 at night. In 20 innings pitched during the day he has given up 3 long balls, and 17 hits. I personally think this Marlins' lineup will get at this kid early if they want to have a shot. The only concern to me is this Marlins bullpen which has just been brutal this series. In their last 3 games they have a 8.25 ERA in 24 innings pitched. If Sanchez doesn't go at least 6 or 7, we might be in trouble. The umpire in today's game is Lance Barksdale and I'm sure the Marlins are happy to see him. The Marlins are 4-1 in their last 5 games with Barksdale behind home plate and the Road Team is 5-2 in his last 7 starts. As I looked into the match up I found out Marlins are 10-1 in their last 11 during game 4 of a series. Marlins are 7-1 in their last 8 games following a loss. Marlins are 4-1 in their last 5 road games vs. a team with a home winning % of greater than .600, and they are 7-2 in their last 9 games with the total set at 7.0-8.5. I just think they are too many angles here to pass up the Marlins at +145. Bumgarner has been terrific no denying that, but I think this lineup can get at him. If Sanchez gives me that quality start I'm expecting I think we can cash this dog ticket. Public is very heavy on the Giants this afternoon as well, let's see if they are happy come dinner time. Fade or play I wish you luck my friends

Florida Marlins (+145)
    Risking 200 to Win 290

Mr Windy City
    BANNED

Giants dropped 4 more cents right before the market closed. Pinny closed them at -147. Looks like they are taking a stand on all this public money. Game time boys, let's do this.

fox sixers
    fox sixers's Avatar Become A Pro!

i'm on it.. i think you know what your doing.. a do a real nice job crossing your ts and dotting your i's. obviously they won't all win.. but let's get this!

tatddy
    tatddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 608

I'd wish you luck on your play, WC, but I'm completely on the opposite side so I can't! I'll just say I respect your analysis and can't fault you for taking the value play.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

yea yesterday sucked for me as well.....on the bright side one of us gonna turn it around today...gl brother (just not to much luck)

Mr Windy City
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by fox sixers View Post
    i'm on it.. i think you know what your doing.. a do a real nice job crossing your ts and dotting your i's. obviously they won't all win.. but let's get this!
    For sure fox sixers, let's go marlins

Quote Originally Posted by tatddy View Post
    I'd wish you luck on your play, WC, but I'm completely on the opposite side so I can't! I'll just say I respect your analysis and can't fault you for taking the value play.
    I saw your plays and I wish you luck too sir. One of us will be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    yea yesterday sucked for me as well.....on the bright side one of us gonna turn it around today...gl brother (just not to much luck)
    Haha, thanks man, it's only one play it won't kill me if I don't cash, still up for the month.

TonyP
    Update your status
    TonyP's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1290

Thinking of tailing you on this one

TonyP
    Update your status
    TonyP's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1290

never mind already started

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Windy City View Post

Haha, thanks man, it's only one play it won't kill me if I don't cash, still up for the month.

same here but would be nice to get back to winning real quick after yesterday...

Mr Windy City
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TonyP View Post
    never mind already started
    lol yea sure did. GL today, Tony!

Mr Windy City
    BANNED

DAMN! Almost a 2 run shot. Marlins get at the kid early like I said. 1-0 Fish!

tatddy

DAMN! Almost a 2 run shot. Marlins get at the kid early like I said. 1-0 Fish!
    Was sure we had Uggla dead to rights at the plate. Freddy S. got a little too excited on that throw. Good start for you!

Mr Windy City
    BANNED

same here but would be nice to get back to winning real quick after yesterday...
    Totally agree. I do not like to go on losing streaks. It can diminish a gambler's confidence and losing does not put you in the right state of mind to successfully cap games in my opinion.

2daBank

that ok cause sf will get at fla shit pen late....

2daBank

Totally agree. I do not like to go on losing streaks. It can diminish a gambler's confidence and losing does not put you in the right state of mind to successfully cap games in my opinion.

fuk no if i even start to feel a bad streak ill go get fukked up for a few days then come back at it after a quick little break.....

Mr Windy City
    BANNED

fuk no if i even start to feel a bad streak ill go get fukked up for a few days then come back at it after a quick little break.....
    Very smart sir. Only problem is most addicted gamblers do not do this and that's what the books want. Once you dig yourself in a hole it is very difficult to get out of.

Mr Windy City
    BANNED

that ok cause sf will get at fla shit pen late....
    Only thing I'm worried about. I have faith in Anibal to give me a strong 7!

2daBank

Only thing I'm worried about. I have faith in Anibal to give me a strong 7!

so far so good, he is getting quick outs...was hoping he would only go 6...oh well if he gets 7 i still have the 8th and 9th.....

Mr Windy City
    BANNED

so far so good, he is getting quick outs...was hoping he would only go 6...oh well if he gets 7 i still have the 8th and 9th.....
    I don't know man he is ******* dealing right now!
    Last edited by Mr Windy City; 07-29-10 at 03:30 PM.

2daBank

yea im getting a little worried im not gonna get to see the pen......fukkin Rowand had a 3-0 count and strikes out

Mr Windy City
    BANNED

yea im getting a little worried im not gonna get to see the pen......fukkin Rowand had a 3-0 count and strikes out
    He's just fighting right now. Struck out 5 of the 9 batters he's faced and not given up a hit. Marlins threating again.

2daBank

yea its pretty much over, good call......think im doubling up on sd and if that doesnt hit then it time to go party for a day or two...

Mr Windy City
    BANNED

yea its pretty much over, good call......think im doubling up on sd and if that doesnt hit then it time to go party for a day or two...
    Stop trying to reverse jinx it banker! Lol it's wayyy to early to be telling me good call buddy.

2daBank

lol...i actually just meant it, not a big jinx believer, it was the right call....i dont think it goes over 8 so i think that was game...

tatddy

I've been saying it all morning. The Giants always fight...till the end. It looks horrible right now seeing as how they have zero base runners. But there will be drama, at some point.

Mr Windy City
    BANNED

no hitter gone after Cantu's throwing error ruins Anibal's momentum. HERE WE GO!!!!!!

tatddy

Enjoy Cantu, Rangers.

Mr Windy City
    BANNED

Whew, Anibal gets out of a jam. Only has 74 pitches, I think he can give me 7!

tatddy

Rowand and Renteria, kings of the irrelevant home run. Take your 25 million dollars and go away into the wilderness, both of you!

2daBank

7 still gives me 2 innings of fla pen, ill take that.......

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Great call. SF has warning-track power today.

Mr Windy City
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Great call. SF has warning-track power today.
    Thanks buddy!

5-0 FISH!

timdogs17
    timdogs17's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

I wish I read this thread b4 the game---/I took the giants

tatddy

Good call, very nice win WC!

CHAZ
    5-2-1 (+2.37 units)