idontlikerocks
    idontlikerocks's Avatar Become A Pro!

home run help

last year i looked but could not find statistics on home runs for each ball park. does anyone know where i can find out how many home runs were hit in each ballpark, and how many games were played in each? i would also like to know how many home runs were hit by each team. i am only interested in the regular season stats. also, have any of the park dimensions changed from last year? thanx baseball experts

mofome
    mofome's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by idontlikerocks View Post
    last year i looked but could not find statistics on home runs for each ball park. does anyone know where i can find out how many home runs were hit in each ballpark, and how many games were played in each? i would also like to know how many home runs were hit by each team. i am only interested in the regular season stats. also, have any of the park dimensions changed from last year? thanx baseball experts

each ball park has the same number of games. the season is 162 games long and each team plays an equal number at home and on the road.

http://mlb.mlb.com/stats/sortable_team_stats.jsp?c_id=mlb&baseballScope=mlb&statType=1&sitSplit=&timeSubFrame=2007&groupByTeam=true&Submit=Submit&timeFrame=1&c_id=mlb&section1=null&statSet1=null&groupByTeam=true&statType=1&sortByStat=HR&timeFrame=1&timeSubFrame=21&timeSubFrame=2007&baseballScope=mlb&prevPage1=1&readBoxes=true&Submit=Submit&sitSplit=&checkBoxTotal=0"]http://mlb.mlb.com/stats/sortable_team_stats.jsp?c_id=mlb&baseballScope=mlb&statType=1&sitSplit=&timeSubFrame=2007&groupByTeam=true&Submit=Submit&timeFrame=1&c_id=mlb&section1=null&statSet1=null&groupByTeam=true&statType=1&sortByStat=HR&timeFrame=1&timeSubFrame=21&timeSubFrame=2007&baseballScope=mlb&prevPage1=1&readBoxes=true&Submit=Submit&sitSplit=&checkBoxTotal=0"]http://mlb.mlb.com/stats/sortable_team_stats.jsp?c_id=mlb&baseballScope=mlb&statType=1&sitSplit=&timeSubFrame=2007&groupByTeam=true&Submit=Submit&timeFrame=1&c_id=mlb&section1=null&statSet1=null&groupByTeam=true&statType=1&sortByStat=HR&timeFrame=1&timeSubFrame=21&timeSubFrame=2007&baseballScope=mlb&prevPage1=1&readBoxes=true&Submit=Submit&sitSplit=&checkBoxTotal=0

that link there highlights how many HRs each team hit last season. regular season totals only.

im sure someone can get you info on which teams hit more hrs on the road vs at home.

Willie Bee
    Willie Bee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 305

I'll keep digging to find the numbers you're asking for, but so far the only places that I know might have those stats require a paid subscription to view them.

idontlikerocks
    idontlikerocks's Avatar Become A Pro!

thank you willie, had same problem last year. you would think it would be a common stat.

MrX
    MrX's Avatar Become A Pro!

If you're handy with a spreadsheet, you can get what you're looking for and much more from the gamelogs and event files at www.retrosheet.org. For what you mentioned, the gamelogs would suffice.