dynamite140
    dynamite140's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 38373

Anyone know 1st 5 inning records for starting pitchers?

I know many people bet on a team because of the starting pitcher. However, guys like Roy Halladay have a 11-8 record and many no decisions as well that was decided by the bullpen. I even heard people said if you like a pitcher, take them 1st 5 innings as oppose to full game because the bullpen may blow the lead.

I mean if you have a real good pitcher like Josh Johnson who has an outstanding record. Wouldn't it be a better idea to take the Marlins first 5 innings instead? Suppose he was at home against a weak team like the Washington Nationals throwing out a horrible pitcher and Johnson is -250 or so at home. Yes that is high juice and its better not to play it. However, wouldn't it be better to take the Marlins 1st 5 innings instead?

Does anyone know the records for the real high profile pitchers like Lincecum, Jiminez, CC, Cliff Lee, Halladay, Josh Johnson for 1st 5 innings? Does anyone think its a better idea to do 1st 5 innings as oppose to full game when betting on a superb pitcher? Or which team has a horrible record for 1st 5 innings for a starting pitcher?

Sandro777
    Sandro777's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Depends on the opposing pitcher and it also happens tons of times that a team's pitcher will be pitching a gem and get absolutely 0 run support ... see Santana / Halladay / Wainright a few days ago.