dume walker
    dume walker's Avatar Become A Pro!

online gambling bill coming up for vote in the House

I just noticed that the Finance Committee in the House of Representatives is going to considering overturning the 2006 law that made online gambling illegal. The article seemed to be stating that the Obama administration and Barney Frank who heads the Finance Committee are looking to get that law overturned and legalize online gambling, stating it can bring 30K jobs to this country and 42 billion -- that's right billion -- in tax revenue every year. Whatever your political affiliation you might want to e-mail your Congressman/woman and urge them to vote for this bill when it comes up for passage. Then we can all get those good odds at Pinnacle!
    Last edited by dume walker; 07-23-10 at 11:55 PM.

gshock1
    gshock1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 750

Quote Originally Posted by dume walker View Post
    I just noticed that the Finance Committee in the House of Representatives is going to considering overturning the 2006 law that made online gambling illegal. The article seemed to be stating that the Obama administration and Barney Frank who heads the Finance Committee are looking to get that law overturned and legalize online gambling, stating it can bring 30K jobs to this country and 42 million in tax revenue. Whatever your political affiliation you might want to e-mail your Congressman/woman and urge them to vote for this bill when it comes up for passage. Then we can all get those good odds at Pinnacle!
    These idiots finally can see the light @ the end of the tunnel. If they legalize online gambling, than the offshore books will take a HUGE hit.

TGHMak
    Update your status
    TGHMak's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

I would love it but I don't think it's happening.

dume walker

I made one mistake in my original posting. It would not be 42 million in tax revenue. It would be 42 billion in tax revenue! Each and every year! How can they not push this through?!

dume walker

Quote Originally Posted by TGHMak View Post
    I would love it but I don't think it's happening.
    The sense I got from the article is that they are looking to rush this through, probably before November elections, while they still have control of the House. Again, whatever your political affiliation, now might be the time to push on this. E-mail your rep and say you want to see it passed.

Whippit
    getting to know ms. douglas
    Whippit's Avatar Become A Pro!

oh yeah this would be near top of my congressional wish list...

Whippit

my congressman can gtfo

venture
    venture's Avatar Become A Pro!

Do you have a link to the article?

jpot34
    jpot34's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 373

Just read they will have a mark up session for this bill on the 27th. Good news! Also contacted my rep. We need to get this through before Nov. Look up H. R. 2267. You'll find what you want.

BigOrangeTitans
    Go Kill Yourself, Thx Mgmt
    BigOrangeTitans's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

I'm going to contact my local offices here as well, lets get some supports genst

jpot34
    jpot34's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 373

It's now, or maybe never!!!!

mighty maron
    USA Bra over 2.5
    mighty maron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 85

I am amazed it took this long to possibly tax online poker. When the UIGEA first went thru, I thought it was a squeeze to get that tax money. Now Im not too sure...I am watching this eagerly. Opening up the poker market means no more full tilt poker for me thank goodness.

khaden
    khaden's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1124

Fuk them I dont want it to be legal, they will just tax your winnings, so you have juice plus the tax coming off of you winnings. I like it being down and dirty.

LeeChampion
    LeeChampion's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think this would be great for the online gambling community, as I have been wanting this overturn ever since Bush shut it down in the beginning. Besides our country needs as much revenue as possible in order to keep the dollar strong amongst yen and pound..I think if they do overturn the bill it will be on a bigger plan than just legalizing online betting. I will wait in anticipation of this bill.

Whippit

guys.....this is gonna bk you morally & financially plus all tax dollars eventually find their way to goldman sachs, barney frank, etc.

and u gotta be effin kidding about the "jobs" bs

...of course you all probably voted obama anyway so who cares

TonyP
    Update your status
    TonyP's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1290

Im not sure who to contact in my state, Oklahoma

southpaw74
    southpaw74's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 494

That would be a game changer