wtt0315
    This is the Broncos Year.
    wtt0315's Avatar Become A Pro!

Well, I just typed the entire blog here and went to save and my computer died and I lost it all so today is not starting the way I would of hoped so here we go again. Yesterday was a complete failure on my part. I never bet the yankees and yesterday, I broke down and took a shot with them. Their pitching can be bad at times and they reminded me why not to bet on them. High prices and inconsistent pitching is a way to lead you to heartbreak. They looked bad yesterday and Tampa dominated the game throughout. The second game, I thought was as closet to a lock as you can get. Texas had beat Boston the last two days and now was putting their ace on the mound. He pitched well, but so did Lackey for a change. They couldnt get anything going against him. They did rally back, but then blew the lead and finally blew the game. This has to be the most unpredicatable sport there is, but that is baseball and that is what makes it fun to bet on. Well, lets try to finish out the weekend on a good point and get back in the positive.
    Houston Astros -141 over the Pittsburgh Pirates
    Roy Oswalt takes the mound today with something special going on for him the and fans of the Houston Astros. He will try to become the pitcher with the most wins in an Astros uniform. What makes this special is that he has requested to do it at home in front of his fans. The Astros have moved his start up to accomadate him and he probably does not have that many chances left, since he could be trade bait. He is 15-7 with a 2.50 era against Pittsburgh in his career and even though he doesn't have a great record this year, he has pitched well. The Astros just have not given him the run support he has needed to get the victories. The Astros will be facining Pat Maholm. Maholm is coming into this game with his worst stretch of the season. He has lost 3 out of his last 4 games and the pirates before winning yesterday have not been playing good. Oswalt should be looking to get that victory now and I don't see it being a problem here in this spot at home. I like the Astros today in a low scoring game and not like the game yesterday, where everyone was scoring at will.
    New York Mets -113 over the San Francisco Giants
    Taking the Mets here during this losing streak of theirs is a littly weird for me, but this reminds me of last weekend when they were playing the Braves. They lost the first two games of that series and turned to Johan to end the streak before the break and he pitched great. I expect the same from him today and don't see the Giants getting more then two runs. The problem here is the Mets haven't score at all in this series. The giants have pitched well and the Mets havent hit. They need to figure out a way to get runs without Reyes in the lineup. He will be out again today and they have to put runs on the board against Sanchez today. They need this game and think they will get it. Look for them to avoid the sweep in this game.
    Good luck today and I wish you the best.

Jay Price
    Jay Price's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 435

Thanks for the info.

GL

BiffTFinancial
    BiffTFinancial's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5368

hey, like the Astros today, but FYI, they are in Pittsburgh, not Houston. still like 'em, though, as you're correct that Oswalt owns the Pirates and is pitching for both his Houston legacy and a spot on a contender down the stretch. BOL today.