barts185
    barts185's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 769

Sportrends plays for 5 different systems

This thread is for documenting the systems made public, and sold, by Sportrends.com

We appreciate the work done by other posters in another thread bringing this to our attention, but at this point have decided to start a thread so that we can actually document things in a public way without questions about whether or not something is a play, what the plays are / were, or why some game was a play or wasn't a play. We wish them all the best, and hope that they do well even if no one can understand how they come up with the plays which contradict the posted guidelines and for which no explanation is offered other than "figure it out yourself."

Also, since it is often difficult to get an answer from sportrends, we are taking a proactive approach and coming up with our own defintions of the filters. If anyone feels there is a good reason to deviate from the filters as they are described, please feel free to post the reasons.

The public system plays, as we best understand them, will be posted each day.

There are 3 public system plays.

1) The Moneyline (ML) plays.
    http://sportrends.com/team_ml.htm

2) The Team Projected Run (TPR) plays.
    http://sportrends.com/team_sabermetrics.htm

3) The Scientific Approach (SA) plays.
    http://sportrends.com/team_baseball_matchup.htm

The software plays will not be posted, but a track record will be posted so that anyone wishing to see how they have done has access to how they have done. There are 2 systems from the software:

4) The Best Bets (BB) plays

5) The Pythagorem Theorem (Pythag) plays.

Here are the filters which we will be using, and an explanation of how we are applying them:

1) If a team is on a 2 game or longer losing streak, no play will be made on that team.

2) If a team which is indicated as a play is playing an opponent that is on a 2 game or longer winning streak, no play will be made on that team.

3) Never lay more than -175 on any team. A consensus line will be used in cases which are close in order to determine which plays fell inside of this filter.

4) Each pitcher in a given matchup must have pitched a minimum of 20 innings. For the plays we will list, we will be using this filter for BOTH pitchers in a given matchup. To help clarify, if the pitcher on a team we are looking to play on has pitched 20 or more innings, but is facing a pitcher who has pitched less than 20 innings, there is no play on that game.

5) For both the Moneyline (ML) and the Scientific Approach (SA) plays, the home team's line will be used. There is confusion as to whether or not the away team's line can be used or not. For the plays which we will be listing, the home team's line will always be used.

Please pay close attention to how the ML and the SA plays differ in their approach when comparing to the actual moneyline on a game.

6) For the Moneyline (ML) plays a difference of 25 cents or more AGAINST the value indicates a play. This system uses an approach which makes it seem like you are taking the WORSE value. For example, if the projected ML on a team is -130, they would be a play if the line is -155 or worse (-130 -25 = -155). The other side would be a play if the line was -105 or better (-130 + 25 = -105).

7) For the Scientific Approach (SA) plays, a difference of 25 cents or more WITH the value indicates a play. This system uses an approach which makes it seem like you are taking the BETTER value. For example, if the projected ML on a team is -130, they would be a play if the line is -105 or better (-130 +25 = -105). The other side would be a play if the line was -155 or worse (-130 - 25 = -155).

If anyone feels that we are making a mistake on a game, based on the filters we are using, PLEASE point it out. These are not our systems, they are just systems we are attempting to follow in pursuit of making a profit with MLB investing.

We are starting at the all-star break in order to have a well-definied starting point.

Good Luck,
    ExHoosier10 and Bart

Straight Cash
    Straight Cash's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

Interesting, good luck in the 2nd half!

hhsilver
    hhsilver's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29946

this is a lot of work --- thanks -- i'll be watching

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

I no longer want anything to do with the thread. I have stated my case to Bart, and I ask him to consider my recommendation.
    Last edited by HoulihansTX; 07-13-10 at 10:17 PM.

EXhoosier10
    EXhoosier10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4390

Quote Originally Posted by HoulihansTX View Post
    I will post the ML plays, and TPR plays.

I will post the record, the plays with the ML guidelines, and a review of the last day of plays.
    Houli, thanks for your help. All we're looking for is a post before game time with the plays and lines used along with a tally the next day of yesterday's plays along with the record and a unit count. Hopefully these systems can keep up their pace.

Sawyer
    Sawyer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6650

Looks interesting.. Thanks Bart! Will watch closely..

wrongturn
    Update your status
    wrongturn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3726

The other thread is a bit confusing. Hope this one is more clear.

BigJ
    BigJ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

anyone have the records for this so far this season?

Peregrine Stoop
    Peregrine Stoop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 779

why is this better than datamining?

EXhoosier10

Quote Originally Posted by Peregrine Stoop View Post
    why is this better than datamining?
    We're not mining, we're tracking plays. Obviously deciding to make plays after we find that the system is hitting 75% for a week might not be the best idea, but is following a 'capper after he's been hot for a week. If anyone decides to play, play at your own risk. We are under the impression that the system is worth playing, but there is very little information in the other thread to know exactly how good the system has been.

barts185

To all - sorry for all the fanfare, but this is going to end before it even begins.

I wish everyone all the best, and if you're interested in following the plays, you still have the old thread.

Good Luck,
    Bart

Joe Dogs
    Joe Dogs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 593

I'm curious....Why the change of plans?

LarryF
    LarryF's Avatar Become A Pro!

I am intereted and will begin to follow this thread. Let's see what happens. GL.

mikejamm
    mikejamm's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1524

Quote Originally Posted by barts185 View Post
    To all - sorry for all the fanfare, but this is going to end before it even begins.

I wish everyone all the best, and if you're interested in following the plays, you still have the old thread.

Good Luck,
    Bart
    =================
    Yeah, why the fuk did you wuss out? Somebody threaten you or something? You're all gun ho to use this "new" system and then nothing. What the deal brah?

barts185

Quote Originally Posted by mikejamm View Post
    =================
    Yeah, why the fuk did you wuss out? Somebody threaten you or something? You're all gun ho to use this "new" system and then nothing. What the deal brah?
    Short version - I was already tired of getting messages like this one.

Track it, don't track it, oooh it's going to be great. Hey don't ruin a good thing.

Sheesh.

Do I owe you something? You ever do ANYTHING to help?

If you're all GUN HO, nothing stopping you from tracking it yourself, BRAH.

SOSANA
    SOSANA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7767

What happened with the results?

Joe Dogs
    Joe Dogs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 593

Quote Originally Posted by SOSANA View Post
    What happened with the results?

The project never got off the ground.

OMGRandyJackson
    OMGRandyJackson's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4054

Quote Originally Posted by barts185 View Post
    Short version - I was already tired of getting messages like this one.
    Seriously what else did you think you were gonna get by posting this on SBR? If you cant even predict that how are you ever going to predict the winning bet..........

Would have been really interesting to see this though..
    Last edited by OMGRandyJackson; 01-05-12 at 11:15 PM.

EXhoosier10

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Dogs View Post

The project never got off the ground.
    Project definitely got off the ground. We got tired of putting up with $hit from some of the posters on here telling us we were doing it wrong and how the system is actually doing a lot better than they said it was. We think FormulaWiz, with all the crappy analysis is in charge of pumping SportsTrends while ShivaBowl was also pumping. Every time we posted losers, formula and shiva would tell us they weren't plays and telling us going 60-40 is super-dee-duper-great when you're betting -150 on most games. Barts and I spent many hours tracking this system and it wasn't any more than a .500 thing, and with no real insight as to how any of it worked, there wasn't much knowledge to be gained from it.

I know we kept all of our data on a google docs account, but I don't remember what it was. I wouldn't recommend purchasing the system though. Flip a coin and you'll do just as well.
    I know one of the pumpers was named ShivaBowl and the other was

Thunders77
    Thunders77's Avatar Become A Pro!

It confuses me that there are so many different systems within the Software itself.
    I did see a thread where Formula had an Awesome Record on one of the Many free Systems Available.
    Just confusing where to go with Sportrends and what plays are most consistently successfull.

EXhoosier10

Quote Originally Posted by Thunders77 View Post
    It confuses me that there are so many different systems within the Software itself.
    I did see a thread where Formula had an Awesome Record on one of the Many free Systems Available.
    Just confusing where to go with Sportrends and what plays are most consistently successfull.
    Yes, Formula had an awesome record. Something like a .600 win percent. However, flat betting the games, which the system calls for, he was actually down units. that's why we wanted to track on our own to make sure that the plays he made actually make money. In the timeframe we tracked, they didn't, so it wasn't that much of an incentive for us to track.

Miggs
    Miggs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2244

I purchased the fastball software from Sportrends for last season. I started tracking all the "Best Bet" plays from May 7th onward. I didn't follow any other rules other than to cap my ML wagers to plays of -180 and under. The final record for all plays (including plays over -180) was 189-99 (65.6%). Plays of -180 and under earned 39.87 units. I'll be buying it again this year.

I just purchased their College basketball "spread crusher" software, not so much to bet on this season (as it's almost over), but to see how it performed so I could decide whether it was worth adding to my handicapping tools for next season. Testing past performance is a bit of a bitch as you have to update the rankings every day (ie. if you want to see accurate predictions for Dec. 10, you need to run the software's update program to generate rankings for Dec. 9th...which takes about a minute). So far I've tested plays from 16 random days starting Nov. 18th up to Jan. 16th and it's compiled a record of 109-82 for 57% ATS (all plays using the CBB Power Picks).

It's early days here and the testing takes forever, so I'd be really interested to know if anyone else has tracked the performance of the NCAAB software.

Miggs
    Miggs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2244

Just thought I'd add another system which seems profitable was to take the Gamer Winner predictions off the Team Rankings website and match them to Team Ranking's Moneyline picks. That system went 110-70 (61.1%) for 25.77 units. FYI, that's not for the whole season as the idea didn't occur to me until July...so that's the result of all plays under -150 from July 03/2012 through to Oct. 03/2012.

EXhoosier10

ugh not this again.