Durden
    May the Schwarzt be with you!
    Durden's Avatar Become A Pro!

Capping The Home Run Derby Should Not Be Too Hard.

It makes sense to me, if any of the contestants has a reputation for blasting the most and most carefree homers in BP would be a good choice.

Someone who has more of an effortless swing like Griffey who wont get tired out.

Someone who doesn't crumble under pressure, mebe with a high average with RISP.

Someone who isnt gonna worry that his home run swing is gonna put him in a slump after the all star game.

Also inside info on who is throwing the ball. If some guys bring their own BP coaches with them they might do better.

If any of you know one of the 8 that fit this please speak up

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

cant speak for the other guys as i live in STL but Holliday has been crushing the ball in bp the last month (he usually does but lately it has been impressive) same swing as always and he has been pretty damn hot as of late during games as well, i like my chances with him +500 to be able to hit enough and more importantly not get tired (as i think Cabrera possibly could)..

Pauulzcappin
    Pauulzcappin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 568

I took Holliday to homer more than Swisher and Hart/Cabrera to win.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

I took Nick Swish to beat out Ortiz. +150 @ my local, and its +120 @ pinnacle. 30 cents difference.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Quote Originally Posted by Durden View Post
    Also inside info on who is throwing the ball. If some guys bring their own BP coaches with them they might do better. If any of you know one of the 8 that fit this please speak up
    Josh Holliday, brother of the Cardinals' Matt, highlights the unique pairings for the Derby. The older brother of the St. Louis All-Star is also an assistant baseball coach at Vanderbilt University.

All of the competitors, with the exception of Boston's David Ortiz and Toronto's Vernon Wells, have enlisted their personal launching pads.

The other pairings:
    • Milwaukee's Corey Hart and Triple-A Nashville Sounds hitting coach Sandy Guerrero
    • Florida's Hanley Ramirez and Alexis Hernandez, a personal friend
    • Arizona's Chris Young and Sidney Holland, his longtime Houston-based coach
    • Detroit's Miguel Cabrera and Tigers bullpen catcher Scott Pickens
    • New York Yankees' Nick Swisher and Yankees bench coach Tony Pena

MLB.com

FeelinJuiced
    FeelinJuiced's Avatar Become A Pro!

Probably not a good idea to bet on first timers. Nerves usually get to them and fatigue.

Durden

Quote Originally Posted by HoulihansTX View Post
    Josh Holliday, brother of the Cardinals' Matt, highlights the unique pairings for the Derby. The older brother of the St. Louis All-Star is also an assistant baseball coach at Vanderbilt University. All of the competitors, with the exception of Boston's David Ortiz and Toronto's Vernon Wells, have enlisted their personal launching pads. The other pairings: • Milwaukee's Corey Hart and Triple-A Nashville Sounds hitting coach Sandy Guerrero • Florida's Hanley Ramirez and Alexis Hernandez, a personal friend • Arizona's Chris Young and Sidney Holland, his longtime Houston-based coach • Detroit's Miguel Cabrera and Tigers bullpen catcher Scott Pickens • New York Yankees' Nick Swisher and Yankees bench coach Tony Pena MLB.com
    Friggin great info Houli-Tex!

At first I was gonna ask you who do you think this makes a bigger fave, Holliday hitting off his brother, or mebe young off his long time coach? are any of these guys their current coach?

THEN I saw Ramiriez is hiting off Alexis Hernandez? My quick google gets me a soccer player or a chef. Can I fade Ramirez somehow lol? Anyone know who she is, or is this some super-hot plan to get into some super-hot chick's pants?

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by Durden View Post
    Friggin great info Houli-Tex!

At first I was gonna ask you who do you think this makes a bigger fave, Holliday hitting off his brother, or mebe young off his long time coach? are any of these guys their current coach?

THEN I saw Ramiriez is hiting off Alexis Hernandez? My quick google gets me a soccer player or a chef. Can I fade Ramirez somehow lol? Anyone know who she is, or is this some super-hot plan to get into some super-hot chick's pants?

at 5 dimes you can bet against him in player vs player match-ups.....

ahj1937
    ahj1937's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think Cabrera should win.

Durden

Actually I found an Alexis Hernandez as a minor league pitcher too.

Would have been so great if it was some super hot chick who's pants he was trying to get into!