JamesBrown
    JamesBrown's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 312

Help me pick a early game winner for 100 points

No time to cap the early games today, but I'd like a little action. Post your favorite lean and the posters play that I select gets 100 points if the team wins. Game totals/sides only. No props

*If there are duplicate entries, earliest post is awarded points*

southmadejd
    southmadejd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 830

Here is a little write-up I did for you-

Mets over the Fish. Mike Pefrey is having a helluva year for the Mets. He's going for his 11 win tonight, but it will be a tough win to get. He has sucked against the Marlins in his career (1-6 with a 5.63 ERA in 10 games). This year appears to be a different Mike Pelfry though. He's got some impressive numbers in the first half, 10-2 with a 2.71 ERA and a WHIP of 1.22. Chris Volstad, the Marlins starter isn't having the best season. He's 4-7 with a 4.40 ERA through 15 games. I looked some of Met's stats against him, and they like facing him. Frenchy has a .556 average against Volstad including a HR. The Marlins are looking for the sweep tonight, but I just don't see that happening. I think the Mets will walk away with their only Puerto Rican victory tonight.

Actually I did the write-up earlier but I feel really confident about this pick. The mets don't get swept.
    Points Awarded:

JamesBrown gave southmadejd 5 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S
    Mikail's Avatar Become A Pro!

Phillies

timmyboy34243
    eaglesphan
    timmyboy34243's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17372

Quote Originally Posted by JamesBrown View Post
    No time to cap the early games today, but I'd like a little action. Post your favorite lean and the posters play that I select gets 100 points if the team wins. Game totals/sides only. No props

*If there are duplicate entries, earliest post is awarded points*

detroit @ plus $$$$

Holdin Aces
    Holdin Aces's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 542

Phillies under 8.

stc9357
    stc9357's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

Houston/ Milwaukee O/9

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S
    Mikail's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Mikail View Post
    Phillies
    Halladay will be dealing today and I see Harang being got too early.

Bob Loblaw
    Bob Loblaw's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2105

Reds team total under 3.5. How can you go wrong with the doctor on the mound, eddings behind the plate, and an early start getaway day? The Doc is hard enough to hit as is and on a day where he should get some more favorable calls than usual...good luck cinci.
    Last edited by Bob Loblaw; 06-30-10 at 11:15 AM.

JamesBrown

Quote Originally Posted by southmadejd View Post
    Here is a little write-up I did for you-

Mets over the Fish. Mike Pefrey is having a helluva year for the Mets. He's going for his 11 win tonight, but it will be a tough win to get. He has sucked against the Marlins in his career (1-6 with a 5.63 ERA in 10 games). This year appears to be a different Mike Pelfry though. He's got some impressive numbers in the first half, 10-2 with a 2.71 ERA and a WHIP of 1.22. Chris Volstad, the Marlins starter isn't having the best season. He's 4-7 with a 4.40 ERA through 15 games. I looked some of Met's stats against him, and they like facing him. Frenchy has a .556 average against Volstad including a HR. The Marlins are looking for the sweep tonight, but I just don't see that happening. I think the Mets will walk away with their only Puerto Rican victory tonight.

Actually I did the write-up earlier but I feel really confident about this pick. The mets don't get swept.
    Great write up, but I'm looking for an earlier game.

Footballtime
    Footballtime's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

tAKE THE PHILLIES ml AND HAMMER IT, gl FBT

Patrickz0rs
    Patrickz0rs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 493

Fade the public teams that everyone likes today. Everyone and their Grandma is on Halladay.

My Early Pick: Brewers ML

I don't like posting write ups, those are only used to "convince" people to follow you. I know I like this play and don't need to convince anyone.
    Last edited by Patrickz0rs; 06-30-10 at 01:58 PM.

JamesBrown

Can't take the Chalk on the Phillies cuz everyone and their mom is on this game and the RLM is not comforting.

JA's Winners
    JA's Winners's Avatar Become A Pro!

Reds are team to bet on...too many people are liking phillies because halladay is on mound but if you look back at Harang's stats he has previously done well against phillies and at home. Also the phillies have a few key players on the DL

tbill11
    tbill11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

Twins/Tigers Under. Not a ton of action on the under, but it's moved down from 9.5 to 9. Seems like a collection of pitchers that will combine for a low scoring game too, despite their relative unknown-ness

cmle123
    cmle123's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 783

i am from philly n i don't like betting on philly so stay away from betting philly. they are unpredictable. only time good to bet only is when moyer is pitching for philly. he have same winning as halladay. Even though everyone here say bad stuff about but he been money for this season. Here are my suggestion pick Giants, with sanchez on the mound is pretty nice. Ranger is look sweet with a pitcher that have 1.28 era. Boston look nice as well. My best pick for today is Giants with sanchez.

rochestertitans
    betpoints ARE MY ONLY BANKROLL
    rochestertitans's Avatar Become A Pro!

take the Tigers as a decent size dog who will win game starts in 20 minutes. And The Tigers SHOULD win it

soxwin
    soxwin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7162

1* Arizona 1st 5 inn +130 over St Louis - Enright is the big D-backs pitching prospect. He is still a bit away from a full time MLB role, but has nasty stuff when he controls it. With the Cards batters never having seen his stuff, it may take till the 3rd time through the order to figure him out. It all depends on how many he walks(nerves). Suppan is still being stretched out from a reliever. One thing the d-backs can do is hit guys who pitch to contact.. Suppan isn't blowing the ball by anybody anymore.Arizona is 7-2 their last 9 games against a pitcher with a whip higher than 1.30 I look for Arizona to have 4 runs by the 5th inn here. This is a good spot to fire on a pitcher that st Louis is unfamiliar with. Zona pen is horrible that is why the 1st 5 inn here.

good luck

oops!! you only want full game stuff. All my bets for those are on night games.
    Last edited by soxwin; 06-30-10 at 11:54 AM.
    Points Awarded:

JamesBrown gave soxwin 5 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Soxsfan9
    Update your status
    Soxsfan9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 91

Quote Originally Posted by tbill11 View Post
    Twins/Tigers Under. Not a ton of action on the under, but it's moved down from 9.5 to 9. Seems like a collection of pitchers that will combine for a low scoring game too, despite their relative unknown-ness
    Agree with this......also Tigers are in a good spot and with plus money!

JamesBrown

Quote Originally Posted by soxwin View Post
    1* Arizona 1st 5 inn +130 over St Louis - Enright is the big D-backs pitching prospect. He is still a bit away from a full time MLB role, but has nasty stuff when he controls it. With the Cards batters never having seen his stuff, it may take till the 3rd time through the order to figure him out. It all depends on how many he walks(nerves). Suppan is still being stretched out from a reliever. One thing the d-backs can do is hit guys who pitch to contact.. Suppan isn't blowing the ball by anybody anymore.Arizona is 7-2 their last 9 games against a pitcher with a whip higher than 1.30 I look for Arizona to have 4 runs by the 5th inn here. This is a good spot to fire on a pitcher that st Louis is unfamiliar with. Zona pen is horrible that is why the 1st 5 inn here.

good luck

oops!! you only want full game stuff. All my bets for those are on night games.
    I like this....I know I said no props, but this one looks really good.

JamesBrown

OK guys...seems Tigers is the consensus. Timmboy is in the running for the 100 points, but I'll throw another 100 on at the SBR pointsbook on a Parlay of Det/Under and split the winnings between Roch, Tbill and Soxfan9 if it hits. Thanks for everyones input!

soxwin
    soxwin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7162

BOL to you today. Hope your wager lands on the good foot!!

TY 4 pts!

D3 Mighty Ducks
    D3 Mighty Ducks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 782

Quote Originally Posted by tbill11 View Post
    I like that pick.

LostBankroll
    who is the bitch in my avy???
    LostBankroll's Avatar Become A Pro!

No opinion on the early games. But if you want a LOCK take the A's. Worst case they lose chase on them in the next game. O's wont win 2 in a row! ALL IN Oakland ML!

cmle123

Quote Originally Posted by LostBankroll View Post
    No opinion on the early games. But if you want a LOCK take the A's. Worst case they lose chase on them in the next game. O's wont win 2 in a row! ALL IN Oakland ML!

they did it to Washington 3 in row,

SolidDala
    SolidDala's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Quote Originally Posted by cmle123 View Post
    they did it to Washington 3 in row,
    Exactly...

cmle123

nice job for all the sucker here calling philly to win today, now its my my turn to take the 100 point

KACK
    KACK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3495

Take the Giants....

JA's Winners
    JA's Winners's Avatar Become A Pro!

You should give me 100 points I told you to pick the Reds since it was a great value bet

tltaylor89
    FVn=S(1+c)n
    tltaylor89's Avatar Become A Pro!

James Brown take the White Soxs O7 thank me later with 100 points.

cmle123

Quote Originally Posted by tltaylor89 View Post
    James Brown take the White Soxs O7 thank me later with 100 points.
    i think that a bad play . royal did ended the sox crazy streak. they been back n forth all day on who going to win