mofome
    mofome's Avatar Become A Pro!

Some baseball stuff from keith Law

Keith Law
    -----------------------------------------------------------

nb, philly: if you're running the reds, do you trade Bruce for Bedard? Thanks...

Keith Law: If the mandate is to win this year, yes, I would. I think Bedard is going to be one of the top 5 pitches in baseball over the next two years, and he'll make the Reds contenders over that timeframe.
    Chris (San Jose, CA):

Perhaps the Cubs make their splash at the trading deadline? CC or Santana? Bedard?

Keith Law: How would they acquire those guys? Their farm system isn't very strong and they don't have an impact prospect around whom they could build a deal.

Brian (Chicago, IL): ceiling for Donald Veal?

Keith Law: He's got a long way to go before I can project him as a big-league starter. He wouldn't make a top 100 list if I go that deep.

Adam (Spokane Wa): Please rank: Adam Jones, Colby Rasmus, Jay Bruce, Jacoby Ellsbury, Carlos Gomez.

Keith Law: Bruce, Rasmus, Jones, Ellsbury, Gomez. Could be light on Jones there.

Jim ,Chicago: Is Cueto better than Bailey in your opinion?

Keith Law: Different animals, but I think Bailey is still the better prospect because of the raw stuff and higher ceiling. Cueto's more polished, more likely to hit expectations, but without that #1 starter potential.

Christopher, Baltimore: Can you speak a little about Matt Albers vs. Troy Patton? A lot of people consider Patton as the key to the trade but IIRC you seem to be higher on Albers, correct? How do they project?
    Keith Law: Albers has better raw stuff, but Patton is much more polished with average stuff. I'd like to see Albers with a better third pitch.

Kyle (OH): What's the hangup on the O's-Mariners deal? How does Adam Jones project?

Keith Law: Sounds like Jones is the hangup - O's want him, M's don't want to part with him. Mind you I've been out of the loop for a week. Jones is a star, everyday CF (not in Seattle, of course) with a plus arm, plus power, quick bat, some question about his future OBP

5 star bomb
    5 star bomb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Perhaps the Cubs make their splash at the trading deadline? CC or Santana? Bedard?

Keith Law: How would they acquire those guys? Their farm system isn't very strong and they don't have an impact prospect around whom they could build a deal.

I knew to stop reading the rest of this post when I read that... Wow what a moron