JoMoney2785
    JoMoney2785's Avatar Become A Pro!

Tips for people newcomers to baseball betting

Hey guys. listen I am a new member but have followed the forums around here for quite some time. Now that basketball is over, I was planning on hitting MLB up for a while till football starts. I have pretty good general knowledge about the MLB, but have been somewhat unsuccessful so far. I'm not betting heavy until I feel like I have gotten the hang of it. So I want to make this thread for advice....stuff like what sites are good to use, how to be successful and what things to look at...etc, etc, etc. Any and all of advice from the top baseball cappers would be greatly appreciated

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

FADE The Diesel. Its a long term process that is guaranteed to show profit.

Follow those with long term threads, with records to show.

One play at a time. Its easy to lose your ass in bases, b/c there are so many betting opps.

Stay away from big time parlays, keep it two-teams at a time.

send me a percentage of your profits, as its good for karma.

Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

the pitcher is very important. not just which team is better or at home but whos pitching is vital. maybe stating the obvious but its true.

Panekkkk
    Panekkkk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 567

You're starting a bit late but welcome. If you're just starting out, be careful of betting in August. Things can change quite drastically in August as the playoff picture becomes clears. Track some of the top cappers who post daily threads with records clearly stated. If you're going to tail someone, either tail every game or don't bet at all. Never pick and choose games to tail. It's all or nothing. If you choose to tail, only start after a losing streak. Bullpens can easily blow 5+ run leads. Don't lose your head when it costs you a game, and it will. It's never a bad idea to bet only on teams with good bullpens/closers.
    Last edited by Panekkkk; 06-20-10 at 10:05 PM.

JoMoney2785

Quote Originally Posted by HoulihansTX View Post
    FADE The Diesel. Its a long term process that is guaranteed to show profit.

Follow those with long term threads, with records to show.

One play at a time. Its easy to lose your ass in bases, b/c there are so many betting opps.

Stay away from big time parlays, keep it two-teams at a time.

send me a percentage of your profits, as its good for karma.

What kind of sites do you guys use to track stats and whatnot?

PRC
    PRC's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 49

cleanup hitter is good

Panekkkk
    Panekkkk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 567

cleanuphitter.com, baseball-reference.com, mlb.com (stats) are good starters

JoMoney2785

Quote Originally Posted by Panekkkk View Post
    You're starting a bit late but welcome. If you're just starting out, be careful of betting in August. Things can change quite drastically in August as the playoff picture becomes clears. Track some of the top cappers who post daily threads with records clearly stated. If you're going to tail someone, either tail every game or don't bet at all. Never pick and choose games to tail. It's all or nothing. If you choose to tail, only start after a losing streak. Bullpens can easily blow 5+ run leads. Don't lose your head when it costs you a game, and it will. It's never a bad idea to bet only on teams with good bullpens/closers.

Im not really starting technically, this was my first season and I only bet on a few games as I had basketball to handicap, which is my favorite sport to bet. so that took up most of my time. but now that there is no NBA, i figured i would focus 100% of my attention on baseball and really try to get better at it so I could do a full season come next year...

Sawyer
    Sawyer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6650

Starting Pitchers are not so important, they're overrated in today's baseball. Of course, they're important but they're not %50 of the game. If you can't hit, then you can't win. Other factors like hitting, bullpen, fielding are also important.

Bob Veale said "
    Good pitching will beat good hitting any time". It's an old saying about baseball. However, it's not true anymore. Good hitting beats Good Pitching, at least in today's baseball..Don't bet on a team because they got a hot starter.

GL!

hhsilver
    hhsilver's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29946

Quote Originally Posted by JoMoney2785 View Post
    .... I'm not betting heavy until I feel like I have gotten the hang of it....
    you gave yourself good advice here --- stick to it

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Bet streaks. Thats all bases is... streaks.

3PtShooter
    3PtShooter's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16245

lots of ideas