No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Perfect storm of corrections: Silva vs. Oswalt

If I'd have told you before the season that on June 5, 7-0 Carlos Silva would be facing 3-7 Roy Oswalt, you would have had me committed on the spot.

Oz is a small favorite in this game (-108). Astros have won four in a row, and he's coming off an ejection. He shut down the Cubs in April at Wrigley.

Silva, meanwhile, has been terrific. His road numbers from 2006-08 were nothing short of horrific, though (10-27 record, ERA around 7), which makes me think he's due for a major correction here -- both record-wise and because he's on the road, facing a staff ace on a suddenly-hot team.

Give me the 'Stros here.

brumbies
    sail close to the wind
    brumbies's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7796

Wasn't he supposed to start today against the 0-7 Paulino? That would have been great value to fade him. Now, to fade him, I have to lay juice. Nevertheless, I am still gonna lay about 2 units on Oswalt. No way Silva continue his blistering start. I will be truly shocked if he does not get shelled for 5-7 runs right off the bat. He's gonna finish the year with a below .500 win ratio.

blingish
    blingish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2441

Umm... I got Ryan Dempster and Oswalt for Saturday. Did I miss something? SBR, My book and covers all say Dempster goes Sat.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by blingish View Post
    Umm... I got Ryan Dempster and Oswalt for Saturday. Did I miss something? SBR, My book and covers all say Dempster goes Sat.
    Interesting. Yahoo has Silva.

blingish

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Interesting. Yahoo has Silva.

Just checked cubs.com and it lists Dempster as well.

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

jtarbear
    jtarbear's Avatar Become A Pro!

Thought I heard Lou has Silva in make up game against Pitt on Monday. Bringing out his best pitcher to try to beat Pitt. Pitt has been all over Chi this year.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

In any event, Houston is still the play. Dempster's given up 12 runs in his last 20 road innings, and the Cubs are in a tailspin regardless of who's pitching for them. They are lost offensively.

blingish

In any event, Houston is still the play. Dempster's given up 12 runs in his last 20 road innings, and the Cubs are in a tailspin regardless of who's pitching for them. They are lost offensively.
    Couldn't agree more! BOL

goldengreek
    goldengreek's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3939

dont do it

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by goldengreek View Post
    dont do it
    Really? Why not?

brumbies
    sail close to the wind
    brumbies's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7796

In yahoo's preview of the game, Dempster was in their writeup. Just a typo on their part. Silva will be going up against Eveland on Monday. I believe Pittsburgh will be severe underdogs. Great value to fade Silva then.

ezmoney
    ezmoney's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2605

Lost on Zambrano yesterday, playing HOU today -108, bargain for Oswalt!

EZ

ICE-BLOOD
    ICE-BLOOD's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7644

oswalt at home -108 does look good despite a poor last outing

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

pretty sure its dempster on the bump today

midnight777
    midnight777's Avatar Become A Pro!

I have no clue how the cubs play. they are so off and on?

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

It's against Demoster. Take Oswalt at a great price.

oiler
    oiler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2500

If I'd have told you before the season that on June 5, 7-0 Carlos Silva would be facing 3-7 Roy Oswalt, you would have had me committed on the spot.

Oz is a small favorite in this game (-108). Astros have won four in a row, and he's coming off an ejection. He shut down the Cubs in April at Wrigley.

Silva, meanwhile, has been terrific. His road numbers from 2006-08 were nothing short of horrific, though (10-27 record, ERA around 7), which makes me think he's due for a major correction here -- both record-wise and because he's on the road, facing a staff ace on a suddenly-hot team.

Give me the 'Stros here.

its amazing that the cubs actaully got the best of a trade,when they traded silva for bradley.i was the happiest cub fan in the world.bradley rips the cubs and says they are racial and now thathes in seattle,he saying the same thing,maybe he needs to realize he really sucks and shouldnt be on any major league team.he had one good year and thinks hes a albert pujouls.he needs to pack his bags and go play in japan.american players do good over there and maybe after he sucks over ther,he will say the are racial too.but love silva to keep up the good work