Panekkkk
    Panekkkk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 567

WARNING to Cleveland backers -- Carmona's #'s are deceiving

On the surface it looks like Carmona has great numbers vs. TB. But to be a good capper you should look deeper.

Carmona has a lifetime 7.64 ERA vs TB. He has SIXTEEN WALKS in 17.2 innings pitched. SIX****INGTEEN. He has been pulled in his last two starts vs. TB in 2009 after giving up a combined 9 earned runs. The reason that his opponent's batting average vs. TB is low is because HE WALKED EVERYONE and was then pulled and subsequent relievers gave up the hits which led to the runs against him.

Any starter who was pulled in their last two starts against a team should be a no-play. I'm not saying he will lose since he's pitching well this season. But being pulled twice in your last two starts against a team is probably a serious mind-phuk.

GL

Pauulzcappin
    Pauulzcappin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 568

I am on Rays.

smoovbrotha
    smoovbrotha's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

FINE YOU GUYS WIN..I'll play TBAY but if they lose..I will give you all my paypal account and you can reimburse me for talking me out of this play

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

I would disregard all of Carmona's past starts vs. TB because he has returned to his 2007 form this year after being god awful the last two years. Whatever was bothering him, he seems to have overcome it.

HedBustah1
    HedBustah1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

good luck

Panekkkk

Quote Originally Posted by smoovbrotha View Post
    FINE YOU GUYS WIN..I'll play TBAY but if they lose..I will give you all my paypal account and you can reimburse me for talking me out of this play
    Making an argument against a team doesn't mean you should play the opposite.

teecee
    teecee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2885

If you haven't a clue which side to play, then please, leave the game alone.

Panekkkk

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    I would disregard all of Carmona's past starts vs. TB because he has returned to his 2007 form this year after being god awful the last two years. Whatever was bothering him, he seems to have overcome it.
    Agree. I just see a lot of backers quoting his YTD stats vs. TB so I thought I'd put out a warning that the numbers are deceiving. He's still walking a lot of batters so far this year and TB is 8th in walks in the MLB.

Grind-It-Out
    Grind-It-Out's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 942

Fine. But if you win you have to share it with the forum.

smoovbrotha
    smoovbrotha's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

Quote Originally Posted by Grind-It-Out View Post
    Fine. But if you win you have to share it with the forum.
    lol so at the end of the day its a lose lose situation for me...NO PLAY then lol

Panekkkk

And as expected. Carmona exploding. Might not even make it out of the first...

Grind-It-Out
    Grind-It-Out's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 942

Way too much sweating going on here.