smoovbrotha
    smoovbrotha's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

Is This A Good Enough Trend to Pull The Trigger

I really want to pick Cleveland tonight for 2 reason's tell me if they are strong enough

1. Over the past 3 seasons Cleveland has one the first game of each series against TB

2. One of those first game away wins was with Carmona and he is 2-1 against TB

I LIKE IT WHAT DO YOU THINK?

+Cleveland's offense is luke warm while TB is ice cold scraping by wins

Panekkkk
    Panekkkk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 567

TB's offense was somewhat cold against a top-notch Seattle pitching staff that includes 2 of the top 25 pitchers in the MLB right now (Fister and Vargas) and Cliff Lee who has dominated since his return.

Indians are also without Grady Sizemore.

Panekkkk

And Carmona is 2-1 with a 7.64 ERA and 1.75 WHIP vs TB...

Good luck

Whippit
    getting to know ms. douglas
    Whippit's Avatar Become A Pro!

them ain't trends brah

save ur $$$

Grind-It-Out
    Grind-It-Out's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 942

Quote Originally Posted by smoovbrotha View Post
    I really want to pick Cleveland tonight for 2 reason's tell me if they are strong enough

1. Over the past 3 seasons Cleveland has one the first game of each series against TB

2. One of those first game away wins was with Carmona and he is 2-1 against TB

I LIKE IT WHAT DO YOU THINK?

+Cleveland's offense is luke warm while TB is ice cold scraping by wins
    I'm on tampa. I could certainly see a nice argument being made for Cleveland, but that wasn't it.

Trends like this are just annoying. It's like saying "I'm going to take TB because they are 21-4 over the past 25 years when first pitch is at 7:10 and the air temp is 67% and it's the third Monday of the month."

smoovbrotha

Quote Originally Posted by Whippit View Post
    them ain't trends brah

save ur $$$
    do you know the definition of trend #1 is definitely a trend #2 not so much brah

smoovbrotha

Quote Originally Posted by Grind-It-Out View Post
    "I'm going to take TB because they are 21-4 over the past 25 years when first pitch is at 7:10 and the air temp is 67% and it's the third Monday of the month."
    lol touche but I bet you they'd win that game lol you can't deny that type of trend

floridagolfer
    floridagolfer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12339

Whatever happened in 2007, '08 and '09 has no bearing on tonight's game whatsoever.

It's a coincidence; nothing more, nothing less.

Grind-It-Out

lol touche but I bet you they'd win that game lol you can't deny that type of trend
    Haha. My point is just that you can ALWAYS find a trend backing ANY team you want. So, even when looking at relevant trends, it's important to look at ones favoring both teams.

I'll take the team with the better offense, better starter, and better bullpen.

Panekkkk

League-wide trends (i.e., not team-specific) that are profitable EVERY YEAR at a high ROI are the only trends that should form the basis of capping.

smoovbrotha

yes it does have lots of bearing for example I can't remember which team it was but I do think it was houston and Budd Norris he sucks...but history shows that he plays well against STL and what do ya know he won that game...it doesn't have bearing all the time but sometimes its just strong enough to make the bet

smoovbrotha

By no means am I or consider myself a capper just a guy who likes to gamble...But you can't tell me that even a good capper doesn't look at trends to help make a decision

Grind-It-Out

By no means am I or consider myself a capper just a guy who likes to gamble...But you can't tell me that even a good capper doesn't look at trends to help make a decision
    I don't. And I'd consider myself a fairly good capper. Although it may depend on what you would consider a trend. Maybe what I call stats you call trends... who knows.

smoovbrotha

Quote Originally Posted by Grind-It-Out View Post
    I don't. And I'd consider myself a fairly good capper. Although it may depend on what you would consider a trend. Maybe what I call stats you call trends... who knows.
    For example take this umpire trend (this is made up example)

"Whenever Billy Bob is behind homeplate TB is 6-0."

I feel things like that can't be overlooked and a good lawyer, cop, capper etc. should look at sides of the spectrum

MJT1212
    ECU Pirates
    MJT1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

Cle RL +1.5 is the play.

smoovbrotha

Quote Originally Posted by MJT1212 View Post
    Cle RL +1.5 is the play.
    that would be safer

Grind-It-Out

For example take this umpire trend (this is made up example)

"Whenever Billy Bob is behind homeplate TB is 6-0."

I feel things like that can't be overlooked and a good lawyer, cop, capper etc. should look at sides of the spectrum
    But that by itself isn't very meaningful.

Why are they 6-0 with Billy Bob behind the plate? Does he have a tighter or looser strikezone than average? Did TB just play really crappy teams those 6 times? Did TB have their ace on the mound for all 6 of those? Is this just a complete coincidence?

What if the Indians are 7-1 with Billy Bob behind the plate? Do you put money on both teams?

Trends LOOK amazing. But there are theoretically infinite trends, so for every 6-0 trend you throw at me I can do some research and throw an 0-6 one right back at you.

bigsmitty
    bigsmitty's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 370

I tooK TB, pretty much along the lines of his general logic. I do look at the trends over the past 10 plus recent meetings but often the meetings are too scattered, etc to be valid. The boring stuff like overall off, def, era and pitch stats are my basic mystical magic Plus guidance from delicate geniuses, haha. Cheers

The Inevitable
    The Inevitable's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3256

I took Cleveland. The way TB has been playing is just terrible. In their last 4 games they've only scored 12 runs, that's 3 runs per game average. TB was the team of April, but in May they haven't been looking so good. However, that being said, they could still very well win this game. But Cleveland is +183, so I think it's worth risking.

The Inevitable
    The Inevitable's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3256

It's 2-2, tied up now.

Still a lot of baseball to go, though.