Record: 5-2 +$197

KC/TEX
The run differential from my figures is almost 5. My calculations almost never show that big a difference. Meche has been horrible this year and KC’s middle pen has been just as bad. Additionally, KC’s bats are dead at the moment. Texas hits much better at home and Harden has been decent if unspectacular.

My Play: Texas at 1.552, Risk $300 (I may also parlay this game.)

TOR/CHW
Well, Toronto has burned me twice now vs. lefties. They still hit vs. lefties fairly horribly, but they’re finding a way to win right now. Cecil has actually pitched much better than Peavy so far this year even though in-season projections still has Peavy as the much better pitcher. Given Peavy’s performance this year, Toronto’s winning streak, and the price, I’m going with the Blue Jays.

My Play: Toronto at 2.230, Risk $200

DET/CLE
Verlander’s pitch count the past three games makes me wonder a bit, but it looks like he’s hit his form. Masterson is mediocre at best. I don’t really like the price so much though at DET 1.69. Staying away from this game….

My Play: None

NYY/BOS
The price on this one seems about right, but my numbers are showing Boston as a slight favorite. Given C.C.’s last performance against Boston, I’m going with the plus number.

My Play: Boston at 2.310, Risk $150

Tampa/OAK
Oakland touched up Davis for 4 runs the last time he pitched against them a couple of weeks ago. Overall, he’s pitched extremely well this year. Sheets, on the other hand, has been lit the f up the last two games and seems to be playing more with smoke and mirrors than good quality stuff. The price isn’t that attractive, but Tampa is rolling right now and Oakland is not hitting so well. I’ll bite…

My Play: Tampa at 1.685, Risk $200

LAA/Seattle
In season projections show Saunders and Fister to be about equal. However, their performance this year says something completely different and that’s reflected in the 2.23 and 1.76 price. Neither of these teams is hitting. Despite over night line movement favoring the over, I’m going with the under this game…

My Play: Under 7.5 at 2.17, Risk $100

ATL/Philly
I don’t like games where relievers start. Blanton is average at best and the price is not right for me on this game.

STL/PIT
My numbers actually show Pit favored in this game, but they use in-season projections which have Garcia as an average pitcher. He’s been anything but that this year. Karstens is not good—just like the price of this game.

SF/NYM
An ace (who got rocked his last outing) vs. a number 5 rotation pitcher. ‘nuff said…. I can root for my Giants without money on the game.

CHC/CIN
Both Gorzelanny and Harang are about the same from in-season projections. Both Chicago and Cincy have been batting a bit better than usual lately with the slight nod to the Cubs. The Cubs 20 year old new shortstop may provide some fire to the team. I’m playing Cincy anyways though because I have this match up very close to even and Cincy has the plus money.

My Play: $100 at 2.02, Risk $100

SD/HOU
SD initially looks like a good play, but Garland has been getting a bit lucky this year to post his low ERA. His BABIP is .248 and FIP is at 4.59. Houston’s pitcher is probably worse, however. If these two teams weren’t so bad with the bats, over would be the play, but , well, ya know….

Alright, I’m tired of this for today. The other games either don’t have lines yet or I don’t have projections for their starting pitchers. GL all!