Panekkkk
    Panekkkk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 567

When do the Jays get rid of Lyle Overbay?

Honestly,

If there was ever a player that needs to go it's this guy. He's such a hole in the lineup that I get giddy thinking about how good the Jays could actually be if they had an established hitter at first base.

At what point do you let him go? He's hitting .100 to start the season and has no foreseeable upside. He's been steadily trending downwards for sometime and couldn't get a clutch hit to save his life.

Jays fans ... Let's put the pressure on.

Also, yesterday was a sad day for Jays baseball. 10,000 in attendance was a new record low for the Jays I believe.

Bob Loblaw
    Bob Loblaw's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2093

Interesting timing for this thread after he reached base 5 times yesterday

Panekkkk
    Panekkkk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 567

Hah yeah that's what got me thinking about him. His numbers aren't terrible, but with him playing at first base he's got a lot of competition. The Jays could use some real power.

superjeff24
    superjeff24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

I'm glad there's only 10,000 fans at the game. It's because Jays fans have had enough of Rogers' terrible ownership. They had an idiot named JP Ricchardi in charge of putting a playoff worthy team on the field for 4 years, and he never came close. Now they dump all their good players, sign wieners who hit .200 and hit 20 bombs while being average fielders.
    Rogers' as a cell phone company is the biggest rip off ever. They trick people into signing 3 year contracts telling people if they ever need to cancel they can just sell the phone back, which Rogers then denies they ever said it.

All in all, Overbay used to have half assed numbers previously. He was 5th in batting average for left handed hitters since like 2004 or something, but now he's just terrible. And his god awful 2 run Bill Buckner type error against the Angels a couple days ago just adds to the misery that is our first baseman problem on the Jays

superjeff24
    superjeff24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Loblaw View Post
    Interesting timing for this thread after he reached base 5 times yesterday

who gives a sh*t? trade him now while he has a good game. He will be hitting 185-200 by the all star game. thats pathetic for a first basemen