bogbat
    bogbat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2292

Australian here going to my first baseball game today

Hey guys!

As the title suggests I'm an Australian currently living in the US going to my first baseball game tomorrow. The company my wife works for sometimes gives out free tickets so I told her to grab some and she came through . It's the LA Angels vs Detroit Tigers game and the seats are at the front row near 1st base, will that be a good viewing angle?

I know absolutely nothing about baseball, I only started to pay any real attention to the sport this year but I'm loving it so far and have seen a couple of very exciting ones especially some I blindly put wagers on. Which brings me to my main point of this post, I want to put a wager down to add to the enjoyment of my first live game and would appreciate advice on who to best lay it on.

Sunde91
    Sunde91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 255

Play Angels. Willis is trash, Pineiro is solid, and Angels on a roll.

I'm in LA area, Angel Stadium is a great venue with a great environment. Have fun.
    Last edited by Sunde91; 04-19-10 at 03:09 AM.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

that is great you should have a blast, make sure to get a hotdog, dont fall for that new pussy food they serve now days...far as the game im not gonna tell you who to bet bet personally when i go to games i gotta bet the home team or total as its no fun being the only one on the visitors, unless of coarse im going to a Cardinal game at Wrigley then it doesnt matter because there are tons of cards and cubs fans at those (well if i go to a cards game anywhere but that is different i dont mind being in the minority at those)....gl and have fun

starfire
    starfire's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1130

you're going to enjoy your field seats. everyone so pleasent at a Halos game. have fun & go Halos!

bogbat
    bogbat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2292

Quote Originally Posted by Sunde91 View Post
    Play Angels. Willis is trash, Pineiro is solid, and Angels on a roll.

I'm in LA area, Angel Stadium is a great venue with a great environment. Have fun.
    Thanks for the advice. Angels it is then!

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    that is great you should have a blast, make sure to get a hotdog, dont fall for that new pussy food they serve now days
    Don't have to tell me that mate, I will be eating hotdogs and drinking beer the whole game!

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    ...far as the game im not gonna tell you who to bet bet personally when i go to games i gotta bet the home team or total as its no fun being the only one on the visitors, unless of coarse im going to a Cardinal game at Wrigley then it doesnt matter because there are tons of cards and cubs fans at those (well if i go to a cards game anywhere but that is different i dont mind being in the minority at those)....gl and have fun
    You have a point there, it would be an ass move for me to be cheering for Tiger's while I'm surrounded by Angel's fans.

Quote Originally Posted by starfire View Post
    you're going to enjoy your field seats. everyone so pleasent at a Halos game. have fun & go Halos!
    I'm really excited about the game! It's going to be a blast, thanks for the replies all!

jagaf22
    jagaf22's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 28

Have fun! Should be a good game

robert_wrath
    Update your status
    robert_wrath's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1377

Way to pop your Cherry! Risky bet but worth the anxiety is Angels RunLine +120 ( that's if you attend Monday's game ).

manidyon
    manidyon's Avatar Become A Pro!

where about u from mate?? no more aussie football? haha

GiveMeaBJ
    WIN WIN WIN
    GiveMeaBJ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 335

You are going to love it. Most do. Baseball there really isn't and optimal viewing angle and I have sat 1st base line and it is one of my favorites. Get a hot dog and some peanuts. Go to the park early and watch some BP. All in all baseball games are a good time.

rkelly110
    rkelly110's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10576

What will you be wearing so we can spot you on TV. Wave once in a while. Maybe you'll
    get a foul ball.