MLBStreakbuilda
    MLBStreakbuilda's Avatar Become A Pro!

Two-team parlay factory

Welcome to the factory. We assemble two-team parlays here.

I have always been fascinated with two-teamers (or I should say two-component, as we will also include totals plays in our selections), because it opens for some interesting strategies.

It can be a juice-reducer if you feel extra strongly about some favourites, and it can be a nice way to boost the payout from a whack line you want to take advantage of or a contrarian angle you might be working. If you hit the original high risk high pay pick, that's a nice multiplier for a "safe" chalker too juice-laden on its own. Another thing I've had success with in the past is combining a favourite RL and a home dog.

This is my first season in SBR quarters. So far I've mostly loitered in Pair of 5s Sir's excellent thread Pair of 5s Sir Season Selection. In my opinion we are talking about an inspired man here. He is honest, hard-working and runs a clean shop with a transparent count. He expounds money management and advocates what he refers to as "contrarian angles", he thinks about what kind of information the public sees and how they might process it vs. the stats and factors he considers the most instrumental. He is also admirably true to his system, evidenced by an awesome comeback now underway from a tough start.

I have learned a lot from this approach, and part of why I am starting this thread is that I think I am getting better at seeing what + lines are due to "sqaure perception" and which ones actually truly involves a team with superior winning chances - the best way to combine is to multiply them and reduce the juice at the same time!

As for how I would like this thread to work:

First of all, I want discussion, provide real input (stats, park factors, what should we be looking at/thinking about) - if you just pop in to say "you're wrong" or "I don't think they can win tonight" there isn't too much we can do with that "info".

We are all here for one "simple" thing, we believe this game can be had. We believe we can make money picking games, so that's what we should do: pick games. By all means, some humour will certainly be appreciated and can lighten up a thread into a place where people feel good and want to hang around, but let's get our picks in first.

This is an experimental approach on my part, and the plays I post should be "for consideration" only. No guarantees up in this bi*ch.

The threads that I enjoy the most have not much bickering and petty quarrelling in them. Please help make this thread free of it too, it's seldom productive and always discouraging.

Posters are free to post their selections if, and only if, they keep and post a record. Record must be verifiable in this very thread, so posters must post all plays that go into the record they claim in this thread.

Post your picks before first pitch.

If playing a total, include the over/under number.

State the number at which you booked a play, US format.

We have sympathy for the fact that getting bad beat can cause anger, but as a general rule: tone down the profanity.

No personal attacs.

No dirty laundry in the thread. Report a post or PM.

No grandstanding

No grandstanding

No grandstanding

MLBStreakbuilda

So far I've been looking at the Cubs, and the under in the White Sox game. Oswalt is a great pitcher no doubt, but I watched that whole game yesterday with the Astros and the Cubs, and that line-up...seriously, who do you want coming up there? And the production they have gotten has come mainly from the top two guys in the line-up, they're not going to keep batting so far above their averages. Astros swing at everything and Gorzelanny is a strikeout pitcher. Cubs on a bit of an uptick, gotten some key pieces back and their lineup, while it maybe doesn't put the fear of God in you, looks half-way decent. Day game at Wrigley, I can see them overcome Roy. I can't get a number for the totals here, but if it's >8 I would love a stab at the under.
    I also like the UNDER in the White Sox game, Peavy is very adept after all those starts at home with San Diego at pitching in a pitcher's park. That's something he knows how to do, and he needs to show something to his new club now. I think he has the ability, and that his inflated ERA is ready to come down as he gets progressively back to his old self after missing a lot of action last year. Westbrook, I see from kind of the same angle, he is getting back to the grind of MLB baseball, he has been rocked too after having been out for a protracted period of time, but he did get the opening day nod and has the confidence of his club, I know he too has the ability. These are two pitchers who knows how to get the K, and if the ball is put in play both these clubs rank at or near the bottom of babip. Park factors help here too of course.
    I like the Angels too over TOR. Toronto got off to that great start and are a bit overvalued still, I think. They are slowly, but surely coming back to earth. Angels bats are starting to wake up. Saunders is not 7.36 ERA pitcher and the Angels don't belong below .500 (they are three games under so far).

So I like:
    CUBS
    CWS-CLE UNDER
    LAA
    and CUBS UNDER if > or = 8

What do you think, ideas for combinations into two-component parlays?

THE DEVIL
    THE DEVIL's Avatar Become A Pro!

cubs/laa look real nice i will follow your stragedy and see how you are doing with this.. nice writes

MLBStreakbuilda

SELECTIONS:

Cubs AND LAA UNDER 10 +233

LAA AND FLA +280

CWS and CWS UNDER +222

All 1u plays.
    Last edited by MLBStreakbuilda; 04-17-10 at 09:44 AM. Reason: Added units

MLBStreakbuilda

Also interesting is Nolasco still sitting in the plus at the Bank (so to speak), line has moved but +106 against a line-up he has kept relatively under wraps. What has maligned the Fish is an unability to get the ball in play, when they do they can hit it with authority (they slug ok+ but their contact percentages are near bottom), against Moyer I can see them making a lot of contact. Of course Philly has an insane line-up, so it would be a bet on Ricky - are we comfortable with that, I know I would have been more so at the opening number +121. So I probably won't play it, don't know what I would pair it with either, but I'll keep looking at this.

The Cubs over/under came at 7.5, so that's out.

Thoughts?

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

i thought about Fla but there pen against philly bats scares me, maybe 1st 5 instead of game...think Twins are a good team to include in your 2 teamer project today.....gl

MLBStreakbuilda

Cubs UNDER dropping rapidly, there is almost value in the OVER now...throw that in with Detroit and Verlander perhaps...

Wind blowing in considerably at wrigley, according to weather.com, so no play for me...
    Last edited by MLBStreakbuilda; 04-17-10 at 12:07 PM.

MLBStreakbuilda

LAA UNDER hits, but Oswalt's performance throws out Parlay I. With LA winning, Parlay II will still be alive when Ricky Nolasco takes the mound for FLA against Philly later. And of course Parlay III is just about to get underway.

MLBStreakbuilda

Nice to start in the green. One of the parlays hit for +280, and some one-run heartbreak took stuff away from us.

We end up winning though! + 0.8 units. And we'll do it again today.

RECORD:

1-3; +0.8 units.

Pair of 5s Sir
    Pair of 5s Sir's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4231

Quote Originally Posted by MLBStreakbuilda View Post
    Welcome to the factory. We assemble two-team parlays here.

I have always been fascinated with two-teamers (or I should say two-component, as we will also include totals plays in our selections), because it opens for some interesting strategies.

It can be a juice-reducer if you feel extra strongly about some favourites, and it can be a nice way to boost the payout from a whack line you want to take advantage of or a contrarian angle you might be working. If you hit the original high risk high pay pick, that's a nice multiplier for a "safe" chalker too juice-laden on its own. Another thing I've had success with in the past is combining a favourite RL and a home dog.

This is my first season in SBR quarters. So far I've mostly loitered in Pair of 5s Sir's excellent thread Pair of 5s Sir Season Selection. In my opinion we are talking about an inspired man here. He is honest, hard-working and runs a clean shop with a transparent count. He expounds money management and advocates what he refers to as "contrarian angles", he thinks about what kind of information the public sees and how they might process it vs. the stats and factors he considers the most instrumental. He is also admirably true to his system, evidenced by an awesome comeback now underway from a tough start.

I have learned a lot from this approach, and part of why I am starting this thread is that I think I am getting better at seeing what + lines are due to "sqaure perception" and which ones actually truly involves a team with superior winning chances - the best way to combine is to multiply them and reduce the juice at the same time!

As for how I would like this thread to work:

First of all, I want discussion, provide real input (stats, park factors, what should we be looking at/thinking about) - if you just pop in to say "you're wrong" or "I don't think they can win tonight" there isn't too much we can do with that "info".

We are all here for one "simple" thing, we believe this game can be had. We believe we can make money picking games, so that's what we should do: pick games. By all means, some humour will certainly be appreciated and can lighten up a thread into a place where people feel good and want to hang around, but let's get our picks in first.

This is an experimental approach on my part, and the plays I post should be "for consideration" only. No guarantees up in this bi*ch.

The threads that I enjoy the most have not much bickering and petty quarrelling in them. Please help make this thread free of it too, it's seldom productive and always discouraging.

Posters are free to post their selections if, and only if, they keep and post a record. Record must be verifiable in this very thread, so posters must post all plays that go into the record they claim in this thread.

Post your picks before first pitch.

If playing a total, include the over/under number.

State the number at which you booked a play, US format.

We have sympathy for the fact that getting bad beat can cause anger, but as a general rule: tone down the profanity.

No personal attacs.

No dirty laundry in the thread. Report a post or PM.

No grandstanding

No grandstanding

No grandstanding
    I appreciate your comments. If I can be of any help, let me know. Stay true to your capping philosophy, and stay disciplined in your money management.

TheLock
    TheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7931

Pair of 5s told me to check out this thread and I'm glad I did.

Nursing a pretty substantial hangover at the moment but I'll be sure to check in to this thread and hopefully give some relevant input.

MLBStreakbuilda

Selections:

STL RL and CWS OVER 7.5 +250

MIL and TOR +255

scarp
    scarp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 68

liking the over on STL

MLBStreakbuilda

CWS already gone OVER and Milwaukee hung 10 on the Regionals in the first inning.
    However, Dr. Ervin is putting on an absolute clinic in Toronto, so it looks like we're going to need STL on the RL later to go positive.
    Of course, Toronto only down by 1 run so haven't given it up quite yet.

Rbyrne
    Rbyrne's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12643

Yea blue jays are gonna mess up my 3 teamer....i had Yankees ml, Brewers/Nats over 10, and Jays ml.....hopefully they hit a walk off in the 9th.....Jays offense is looking so pathetic....santana is a scrub...they must be swinging at all those balls he thows cuz i know he averages like 6 walks a game like wtf

Pair of 5s Sir

CWS already gone OVER and Milwaukee hung 10 on the Regionals in the first inning.
    However, Dr. Ervin is putting on an absolute clinic in Toronto, so it looks like we're going to need STL on the RL later to go positive.
    Of course, Toronto only down by 1 run so haven't given it up quite yet.
    What is the MLB record you are showing in your record. I thought these were parlays. Please clarify or do you know how to say huckster.

MLBStreakbuilda

Mlb record is a push for the cincy under 8, and two wins (CWS OVER and Milwaukee). These plays were posted in your thread, and clearified as straight bets. These are the only plays I have made since switching to the unit count. As I also stated in your thread, the old count (when I was betting the same amount on every game regardless of the line) stopped at 21-17 and +269$.

The plays I post here are parlays, and I keep a separate record for them (Parlay factory project in the signature). If this is problematic, please inform me how to correct it, I'm trying to make myself useful in here, and I certainly want everything to be on the up and up.

Pair of 5s Sir

Mlb record is a push for the cincy under 8, and two wins (CWS OVER and Milwaukee). These plays were posted in your thread, and clearified as straight bets. These are the only plays I have made since switching to the unit count. As I also stated in your thread, the old count (when I was betting the same amount on every game regardless of the line) stopped at 21-17 and +269$.

The plays I post here are parlays, and I keep a separate record for them (Parlay factory project in the signature). If this is problematic, please inform me how to correct it, I'm trying to make myself useful in here, and I certainly want everything to be on the up and up.
    No problem. My mistake.

MLBStreakbuilda

It's all good, Sir. You pondering anything for the STL game? I really like the chances for the RL to hit.

MLBStreakbuilda

After hitting one of three on day one for +0.8, yesterday we went 1-1, but for +1.5u - so after D2 we stand at + 2.3 units. I saw now that I sold the record short at 1-3 after day one in a post above - it was of course 1-2 (sorry).

Why not see if we can't find a play or two for today as well?

You guys looking at anything in particular?

bubbastella
    bubbastella's Avatar Become A Pro!

Im leaning towards:
    Cardinals -1.5
    Royals
    10 bones for 31

MLBStreakbuilda

Selection:

Giants AND Toronto +240

MLBStreakbuilda

Selection:

Cubs RL AND M's +265

mundane
    mundane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2315

mariners + giants ML! small play on RL parlay might also be profitable!

MLBStreakbuilda

A combo from my I and II, looks interesting, though I can't add giants exposure.

Hope you cash, man. If ever you have a thought for a two-teamer, I'll be here.

Mike the Greek
    Mike the Greek's Avatar Become A Pro!

After hitting one of three on day one for +0.8, yesterday we went 1-1, but for +1.5u - so after D2 we stand at + 2.3 units. I saw now that I sold the record short at 1-3 after day one in a post above - it was of course 1-2 (sorry).

Why not see if we can't find a play or two for today as well?

You guys looking at anything in particular?
    Lookin' at Toronto rl Marlins ml and leaning on the D'backs, BUT personal rule of thumb: NEVER play more than a 2 team parlay..Might play these in a 2 team round robin BOL streakbuilda...

HedBustah1
    HedBustah1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Good luck with the plays, will check this often!

MLBStreakbuilda

Selection:

Tampa OVER 8 AND LOS ML +268

MLBStreakbuilda

Selection:

CUBS -1.5 AND DODGERS UNDER 9 +359

cecil127
    Horses and Hockey Biatch!
    cecil127's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6871

dodgers rl
    mariners rl
    +373

bol

MLBStreakbuilda

Selection:

COL AND FLA +218

Edluva33
    Edluva33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 38

WED 4/21 Selections:

Milwaukee Brewers RL +110
    St Louis Cardinals RL EVEN
    +320

Two Team Parlay Record: 0-0

Nimo
    Nimo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 213

Just some interesting info that may have value to your parlays. Taking the highest game by rotation number, usually #930 or #980 of the day hit's UNDER(no matter the line) in May last 3 years 61.9% of the time and for May and June 58.7% of the time and 54.7% from May 1 to Sept 30. Don't ask me why, I have no idea, I'm just really good at seeing patterns. Average line is -113. I use it personally as my Holy Grail chase system. +120-150 Units per year.

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.
    MUHerd37's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10678

Selection: CUBS -1.5 AND DODGERS UNDER 9 +359
    I really suck at run lines in MLB so take this with a grain of salt. Dodgers/Reds under 9 with Kuroda/Harang. These guys have pitched 5 games between them. 4 out of the 5 have all gone over 9.

Buckeye5234
    Buckeye5234's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 222

Phils ML and Cardinals ML get it while its hot

1234 ... Last