bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Milo Hamilton update??

Whats the Deal with Milo Hamilton. I heard just now that he just had a heart attack, and was wondering if anyone had an current update on his situation.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

I hear he is recovering well after angioplasty.

Willie Bee
    Willie Bee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 305

I missed that news this weekend as well, Dan. An old Houston pitcher and one time neighbor passed away as well, Don Nottebart. I went to school with his kids, played with and against one of his sons growing up. Been trying to reach them to pass along my condolences.

Doc JS
    Doc JS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by bigboydan View Post
    Whats the Deal with Milo Hamilton. I heard just now that he just had a heart attack, and was wondering if anyone had an current update on his situation.
    Before Milo moved on to Houston, he teamed with Ernie Johnson on the Braves radio broadcasts. This was before the days of TBS, cable TV and MLB Extra innings, all that followed. I spent a lot of summer nights in my youth listening to the Milo, Ernie, and Braves on an AM transistor radio.

When the Braves were ahead in the 9th (which wasn't often), Milo's signature line was, "We gotta hold'um Braves". And when the Braves were behind (which WAS often), it was "We gotta go get'um Braves".

Thinking about Milo brings back a lot of fond memories from my youth. Hope he makes a full and complete recovery.