Posada???
    A-Rod???
    Pettitte???

This is just scratching the surface.

Today is my Christmas!!!

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Obviously, Torre already knew his fate.

Clemens and Rivera are the first two players on that list that comes to mind ILL.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4651

They should all be shipped out.

Rebuild in the Bronx.

Is it not sick? That the team that lost, gets the most press after this series.

tevari
    purveyor of fuzzy green balls
    tevari's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 542

i think (and hope) that Mo and Posada will finish their careers in NY...as far as Clemens goes, dont let the door hit you on the way out

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

A-Rod will sign with the Cubs and reunite with Piniella, who managed him in Seattle.

You heard it here first!

Rollins08
    Rollins08's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Clemens and Arod are gone. Mo, Posada and Pettitte will be back. Torre will be gone, but its going to be a big mistake. All of those big ego's are not going to respect a young coach. Hes a bad in game manager, but nobody is more well respected by the players. Who are they going to hire? Mattingly seems like he has half a brain, and Girardi was fighting with the Florida owner about practically nothing. Imagine him coaching the Yankees.

Minura
    Minura's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 486

Who ever comes as manager, i get a feeling that we are going to get a sequel to the bronx is burning in another 20 years.

biggamer3
    biggamer3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3802

I really wish we get Bobby Valentine to coach

He would have the team playing with a fire no doubt

BossRoss
    BossRoss's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

What about Abreu, He's a FA too i believe and a guy who has played decent in NY and still has an upside, I think they gotta try to keep him, Mo and Jorge(those last 2 should die Yankees)! Clemens you let walk obviously, Pettitte you'd make an effort to keep, but not at an expensive price cause he's old and on the downside of his career! And the real big ??? is with Torre and ARod, cause they got alot of money tied into ARod and figuring out what exactly to do with this team hinges on his situation and gotta get the mangerial thing resolved too, cause FA's like to know who they'd be playing for!

Rollins08

Abreu is looking old in the field. I don't know how long of a contract he wants but I would only sign him for a year or two. He probably is going to want at least 4 years.

pico
    USC ml
    pico's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1634

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    A-Rod will sign with the Cubs and reunite with Piniella, who managed him in Seattle.

You heard it here first!

this is it, the curse of the billy goat will be over next year. 2008 that is 100 years. a-rod and d lee are going to take the cubs to the world series and win it.

rjt721
    rjt721's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 378

The Angels would be the perfect fit for A-Rod. He's just what that team needs - a big bat in the middle of the lineup to protect Vlad.

Rollins08

AROD is the least clutch player in the league. The Yanks can get 2-3 awesome players for what they have to pay him. He cost the same as an entire bullpen. They would be crazy to pay him.

moneyplays
    moneyplays's Avatar Become A Pro!

I hope Tony La Russa comes in and coaches NY. It's not gonna happen but I can wish right?

Willie Bee
    Willie Bee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 305

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post

You heard it here first!
    Actually, I believe we heard that from the Extra Shˇtty Programming Network earlier this year, and then dished out on several other outlets who simple repeat what ESPN says.

Clemens won't be back, and if Rivera really does walk after Torre is fired, then I suspect that Pettitte will opt out of his final year as well.

Rollins08

The Clemens thing is obvious. Nobody will pay him anymore. I think Pettitte will be back because hes not going to get 16 mill anyplace else, Rivera will also be back unless the Mets or Red Sox offer him 4 years. If they do then it would be stupid for the Yanks to resign him.