threesixmafia
    threesixmafia's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

wtf....rockies game only at 9

the game is at 9 with no juice +100....the game is like a lock to go OVER this number, y are the books not only not moving the line but also giving us no juice....can ANBODY give me a good reason y the game would go UNDER????

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

The ERAS of the pitchers?

threesixmafia
    threesixmafia's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

combined they're at 7.5 yes. hmmm couple of factors though

one of the smallest ballparks

2 of the greatest offensive teams

both riding emotional win streaks 9 (phily lost 1 but they've won like the last 9/10)

u saw how colorado owned peavy. when playing dodgers they owned penny also. colorado have been averagin almost 7 runs like last 10 games. philys about 5 runs.

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

They score a lot of runs partially because of where they play. Matt Holliday is just an average player on the road .300 12 homers I think. Those pitchers have the low ERA's depspite where they pitch. Playoff games are low scoring because they go to the bullpen earlier.

JAHgger4noz
    JAHgger4noz's Avatar Become A Pro!

This is the playoffs. Every single game now has a reason and meaning. What u saw in the regular season doesnt necessarily mean u'll see the same in pressure-mounted Fall Classic. They using a 3-man rotation so that means your number 4 and 5 pitchers will go in relief...giving the bullpen some added punch and innings.

The HG
    The HG's Avatar Become A Pro!

I don't find it to be a particularly strange line at all. I like the SD/Col over much better, and I like the Ari/Cubs and Angels/Bos overs a lot too.

Hamels is pitching great, and Philly games can easily go under when the pitching is strong. When there is a low total at Philly, it is often for a very legitimate reason.

In fact, this year, games at 9 at Philly were 3-7 O/U, and games at 8.5 were 1-4 O/U (although the two games at 8 both went over).

I haven't bet this line at all, and I may not, I think it is pretty accurate.

MJFtheGenius
    MJFtheGenius's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1176

Unlike Penny and Peavy the rockies have not seen hamels this yea. and you add the fact hamels is pitching well. On the other side Francis has gotten rocked each time he pitched against the Phills. I look for the final score to be 7 -4 phills or something along the lines of that.

louisvillekid
    slummin it
    louisvillekid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3822

i think the over is in the 10-10.5 range now, i would lean with the under, just because this is first game of the series and everyone will have jitters, i don't see Francis having promblems like the last couple times hes faced Philly. but with that said, i'm not playing it. i'm waiting for game 2.

EJandV
    EJandV's Avatar Become A Pro!

O/u 9 ?

[QUOTE=louisvillekid;364202]i think the over is in the 10-10.5 range now, i would lean with the under,

I am not sure what you mean the o/u in 10 -10.5 range now ?

WestsidePete
    WestsidePete's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm taking the under on this one...small play on that...I think game one will be a pitching battle, but if any offense gets going I think it will be the phillies, so I'm also on the phillies in game one as well.

WestsidePete
    WestsidePete's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like the under 5 -130 first 5 innings line...I'm on this

forex
    forex's Avatar Become A Pro!

lets go phillies

Dhuepaxuz
    Dhuepaxuz's Avatar Become A Pro!

When handicapping Totals, you can't just go by the starting pitchers ERA's. Remember, a starter usually never completes a full game. There are many other elements to take in consideration.

and Good Luck on your plays.

Tchocky
    Tchocky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1086

Don't most playoff games come in Under...generally speaking.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Not touching the total.

I am on Rockies +149 (Game 1) and Rockies +122 (Series)