terrortwylight
    Get Action
    terrortwylight's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 756

need MLB handicapping advice..

hey guys, i'd really appreciate any and all help here..

so i'm profitable in NHL and NCAA hoops. i occasionally cap football but i'm not very good. so with MLB starting tomorrow i'd really love to give this a shot! i've been playing around with some preseason games but i realize the regular season is going to be a whole lot different.

so what kind of advice can you guys give me here? like i said, i'd appreciate anything at all. of course i'll be reading threads/checking other people's plays, too.. i am thankful for you guys. i don't post a lot but i read these forums almost every day. i figured this would be a great place to learn the ins and outs.

so what do you guys got?

GL everyone!!!

thanks, TT

Van G
    Van G's Avatar Become A Pro!

i'm also a noob...i will be lurking on the boards also in order to learn

bretb27
    It's all about the money...
    bretb27's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 126

just realize it's an extremely long season thus making it an extremely long grind. there's gonna be blown calls, blown saves, walk offs, errors, etc. it's just part of the game! look for home dogs, try and find a good young pitcher under the radar, and always use the sox, yanks, phils, cards, tigers, angels and rays when they're a dog! have fun guys check out my season long thread!

jpowderly
    I have alzheimer's disease
    jpowderly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

try to pick underdogs

ronjon619
    California Uber Alles
    ronjon619's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 144

pay attention to pitching. hot pitchers will make you $$$$. this is all that matters in this game. great pitching will stop great hitting.

Sawyer
    Sawyer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6650

Starting Pitchers are usually overrated. They're no longer %90 of the game. Hitters and bullpen are also important. Don't bet on a team because their pitcher is hot. Remember, you can't win if you can't hit! Also bullpen ruin the game as well.

Avoid betting on a cold teams. Remember KC Royals lost 24 in a row. Or it was 25? Can't remember the exact number but I remember one thing very well. A friend of mine was chasing Royals (to win) and he went broke, LoL!

Good home teams usually bounce back after losing first game of series. Specially if road team has a record below .500!

terrortwylight
    Get Action
    terrortwylight's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 756

thanks everybody. i'm already starting to learn things.

keep it coming!