JAHgger4noz
    JAHgger4noz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Batemans Best Pick: Sept 4

To make it a little more interesting and more organized I made a few changes to his Best Bet thread, with his permission and support of course.
    Hopefully we can get a little more involvement but here it goes.
    -8 Picks, 8 different Posters. (1 Pick per person)
    -5 Picks will be ML and 3 Picks will be Totals. If 5 ML picks are made and u have a ML pick, well then make your best Total pick...if u dont have one, then Pass and another poster will make it for u.
    -After the 8 Picks are made, we'll have a "Vote" Session.
    U get a maximum of 2 votes, for whichever 2 games u like and/or dislike from the Selected 8 games.
    The 8 posters who made the 8 Picks will get 1 "vote" each
    -If your Pick was dead on right or tied (which is possible with an even Total), u make another Pick the next day. If u get it wrong, your replacement will come from the group that "voted" against u (randomly chosen, of course)

It would be interesting to see what %age of the SBR members agree or disagree with another members pick and to see whether the "majority" or "trend" was right or if the Original Bettor was more precise. It would also be interesting to see HOW MUCH of a majority we have on those 8 games. Bateman gets an automatic Pick, so the next 7 Posters who make a Pick is what we'll go with.
    Hopefully we can get alot of Votes here so we know which direction we can confidently lean on.
    I will update this as often as I can, tallying up all the votes.
    It will be fully updated 30 minutes prior to Game Time and After All Games Are Completed. So come on out and "Vote" It's your SBR duty (sp???)
    When Selecting your Pick, please indicate the Team and line from which u got it at. When "voting" it would be easier to just say the Team and whether u agree or disagree!
    Since we didnt have much Action from the forum , lets go with 2 VOTES PLS

JAHgger4noz

We had a little more people involved, so hopefully my ass will be bumped and replaced...cause I've been real bad.

Clev -131

xxx
    xxx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 28354

mets -138

WestsidePete
    WestsidePete's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by JAHgger4noz View Post
    We had a little more people involved, so hopefully my ass will be bumped and replaced...cause I've been real bad.

Clev -131
    Nobody should be replaced...we need active participation from as many people that feel strongly enough to post a pic...an idea would be to post everyone's record on Sunday nights for the prior week from Bateman's Best Pics page to see who looks like they're on a run going into Monday.We should do this for football as well....create a page and pic college and pro games and then Monday Night Football pics...Regarding football there will be days where some of the forum will lose badly on the weekends and Monday night will save their prior week...I know I would feel like leaning with those who may have nailed the weekend and feel strongly about a play on the Monday Night game...Just an idea
    Last edited by WestsidePete; 09-04-07 at 02:17 AM.

JAHgger4noz

Quote Originally Posted by WestsidePete View Post
    Nobody should be replaced...we need active participation from as many people that feel strongly enough to post a pic...an idea would be to post everyone's record on Sunday nights for the prior week from Bateman's Best Pics page to see who looks like they're on a run going into Monday.We should do this for football as well....create a page and pic college and pro games and then Monday Night Football pics...Regarding football there will be days where some of us will lose badly on the weekends and Monday night will save our prior week...and I'd feel like leaning with those who may have nailed the weekend and feel strongly about a play on the Monday Night game...Just an idea
    Thats what forums are for WestSidePete. Ideas. Throw them out, get them started and see how they go. Thats alot of work to do, to post everyone's record for the week. I can help with several days but would require someone else to do the leg work for those other days. I'll be transferring this to the NFL forum on Wednesday. Batemans Best:Week1
    I understand u with the leaning part. Thats why I implemented the "vote" session here...as a way to lean towards the "Vote"
    But we're not having enough here people here for that. I even want the Posters who make Picks here to Vote. It isnt to diss the Bettor. If i had 80% "voted" against me...I'm not going to think everyone has something against me. I may myself change my mind on my own pick and lean towards the vote. The replacement isnt to humiliate someone. It's just trying to catch someone who may be hot. Word isnt meant to be dirty. Besides u can still have active participation by voting and this sometimes can help build your confidence back to making better Picks.

JAHgger4noz

Voting: Cincy, liking Belisle slightly here.

WestsidePete

yes...in football that would be a lot of work more pics are being posted there with very informative info and results...maybe top 10 list in each baseball and football of SBR members...on voting I agree that it puts perspective of a selection by seeing what others think, but I also would only vote on a pic I may be playing...I wouldn't vote on someone else's pic that maybe I haven't spent the neccesary time to look at or have an opinion to say one way or the other...
    Last edited by WestsidePete; 09-04-07 at 02:49 AM.

louisvillekid
    slummin it
    louisvillekid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3822

hou(Backe) +140
    and i vote for NYM

curious
    curious's Avatar Become A Pro!

4 totals for Tuesday Sept 4

Tampa Bay - Balt OVER
    Philidelphia Atlanta OVER
    Boston Toronto OVER
    Texas Kansas City UNDER

Sorry, I can't decide on a 'best' of these.

WestsidePete

Pitt/stl Under 9.5

WestsidePete

Also OAK/LAA UNDER 9.5

Robert Schroeder
    PARTY TIME
    Robert Schroeder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 224

REAL --@ss -- Post

This is the best Post and the most real, you can research until your dead. With one bad bounce or call, you're done
    Quote Originally Posted by xxx View Post
    mets -138

WestsidePete

I vote for Mets...and will bet them as well

JAHgger4noz

Heres what we have :

Clev -131 WIN
    NYM -138 75% NYM WIN
    Hou +140 Lost
    Pitts/STL 9.5 UNDER (I took your first selection for Totals WestsidePete)WIN
    TB/Balt 9 OVER ( I did the same curious)WIN
    CHW/Det 9.5 OVER Lost
    Texas -158 WIN

GL
    Last edited by JAHgger4noz; 09-04-07 at 11:21 PM.

dmp
    dmp's Avatar Become A Pro!

Chw Det Over 9.5

EJandV
    EJandV's Avatar Become A Pro!

Texas

JAHgger4noz

First time we had close to 8 Picks here and the 5ML/3Totals format going.
    I layed a small fun parlay here with:

Clev WIN
    Layed off the NYM's game...would have liked more voting instead of the 4 we got
    MILW (went against Hou) WIN
    Pitts/STL 9.5 UNDER WIN
    TB/Balt 9 OVER WIN
    ChiSox/ Det 9 OVER (bought half a point) Lost
    Texas WIN

100 to win 3034
    Last edited by JAHgger4noz; 09-04-07 at 11:23 PM.

JAHgger4noz

5-2 guys. Best showing we had in last 3 or 4 days.
    Great job. And I finally broke out of my slump, albeit very lucky with a 2 run shot in the Top of the 9th.

Good job on the voting too. Would have liked more voting though but i'll take it as long as it's more than 3
    I rolled with the Picks we made with 1 modification and stayed away from the Vote game and it almost hit. Would have been real nice with my mini slump
    Nice hit with the NYM's

JAHgger4noz

but I also would only vote on a pic I may be playing...I wouldn't vote on someone else's pic that maybe I haven't spent the neccesary time to look at or have an opinion to say one way or the other..

Sometimes we handicap better with games we have nothing riding on. It's just a quick opinion, a "feeling", a quick run-thru of your "sheets" of the games we chose on this thread. and if the "vote" goes the way u kind of like, u may even surprise yourself and lay a small amount on it.
    Im going to start a Weekly Sunday Parlay Card for NFL, hope to see u guys there with that 1 PICK. hopefully we'll get a good turnout with the voting. Will post the outlines on Wednesday

WestsidePete

That parlay almost came thru...just one loss....today was a good day overall ...I like this thread lets keep it up...

JAHgger4noz

Quote Originally Posted by WestsidePete View Post
    That parlay almost came thru...just one loss....today was a good day overall ...I like this thread lets keep it up...
    Yea, dont remind me of that miss . The picks we make here, if u modify 1 or maybe 2 games, leave out 1 (preferably the one with the "iffy" vote to u), u'll get real close like i did today.

BatemanPatrickl
    JayVegas420 Contest Winner
    BatemanPatrickl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 129

Nice numbers; looks like the best bet was NYM.