Pussymagnet
    Pussymagnet's Avatar Become A Pro!

Seattle/Minnesota

Twins -1.5 (+135) looks like easy money.

Thoughts?

stump
    stump's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 108

i'm playing over, but i've been terrible on totals lately

JBC77
    JBC77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 303

No way I could ever play a RL on the Twins. Those guys look lost on most nights. They barely managed to win yesterday behind 17k's. Good luck man.

Pussymagnet

Quote Originally Posted by stump View Post
    i'm playing over, but i've been terrible on totals lately
    Yeah, tell me about it.. had over 8.5 on the dbacks/braves game yesterday.. total was 8, no runs scored after the 4th inning. I just need to let that sh!t go..

Also, have under 9.5 on the cards/cubs game. total is 8 and it's only the top of the fifth.

Good luck!

Pussymagnet

Quote Originally Posted by JBC77 View Post
    No way I could ever play a RL on the Twins. Those guys look lost on most nights. They barely managed to win yesterday behind 17k's. Good luck man.
    Yeah, I hear ya... but my justification is the success they've recently had against Ramirez. Confidence goes a long way. Good luck!

EJandV
    EJandV's Avatar Become A Pro!

Twins today in the homer dome . Twins have had Ms number all year winnign 5 out of 6 games , Ramirez #s 1 - 3 on road with 13.50 . ahhhh , Ms due to cool down after being hot on the stove . Did I mention tiwns lit up Ramirez for 6 runs in sea . I dont like the twins and not going here but the no brainer on paper pick would be the twins .

toastedbread01
    toastedbread01's Avatar Become A Pro!

I have the twins +135 as part of my parlay.

nm

curious
    curious's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like twins ML, no way I would take them -1 1/2.

Ramirez has been just awful lately. 11 era last 3 games.

I wouldn't take the OVER on the game itself. I would take Twins team OVER 4 and Seattle team UNDER 3 1/2 (which I did earlier today).

I also have the Twins ML for a small bet.

Garza's been very good lately. Not as good as his 0.00 ERA earlier in the season. LOL What was that? After 5 games?

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

I present this evidence on behalf of the insanity defense of which I shall be pleading to by taking Seattle for no other reason than these ridiculous #s which should have no bearing whatsover on a total pitching mismatch.
    Seattle: SEA are 11-3 in their last 14 Mon. games.

Minnesota: MIN are 1-7 in their last 8 Mon. games.

EJandV

nice stat there Eagle .
    Last edited by EJandV; 08-20-07 at 06:16 PM. Reason: ^

Willie Bee
    Willie Bee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 305

EP, do you really buy into the day of the week trends? I can remember when we had season tickets to the Astros games, it seemed like they never won on Sunday and we'd give those seats away most of the time. I even started looking at player birthdays, mostly just for fun, but to see if they did better/worse on those days. Even had a friend who was into the astrology and stars/moon stuff telling me on Tuesday, so-&-so should have a good or bad day because of something to do with their astrological sign.

And I ended up thinking all that meant squat. Just wondering if anyone really follows those trends or not, or is it just something to add to your lean from the beginning?

curious
    curious's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Willie Bee View Post
    EP, do you really buy into the day of the week trends? I can remember when we had season tickets to the Astros games, it seemed like they never won on Sunday and we'd give those seats away most of the time. I even started looking at player birthdays, mostly just for fun, but to see if they did better/worse on those days. Even had a friend who was into the astrology and stars/moon stuff telling me on Tuesday, so-&-so should have a good or bad day because of something to do with their astrological sign.

And I ended up thinking all that meant squat. Just wondering if anyone really follows those trends or not, or is it just something to add to your lean from the beginning?
    The schedule determines how a team will do on a day of the week. I would be willing to bet that those Monday wins have something to do with which team was playing.

To whoever posted the Monday win-loss stat, do you know what the win-loss record of the teams that were beat was?

EJandV

I personally see the twinkies 3 - 10 overall on mondays as a due to be 4 - 10 tonight given the matchup . But not for $ .

JAHgger4noz
    JAHgger4noz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by JBC77 View Post
    Some more ridiculous #'s
    Games after Santana pitches. The last 2 months they are 4-4. However the last 4 after a Santana Game, they have won 3 of 4. Garza has been on the mound in those last 4. He still pitching well and Ramirez is still giving up truck loads of runs. The minny offense is struggling but they werent when they were playing in seattle last week. this is one of the teams they are chasing for the wild card spot. They will be putting up 3 solid starters for this series. 2 of Garza's starts after Santana have been by 3 or more runs. With my TExas game rained out, I'll take Minny on the Run Line at -1.5 +125. The ML is too much to play at -153

Pussymagnet

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    I present this evidence on behalf of the insanity defense of which I shall be pleading to by taking Seattle for no other reason than these ridiculous #s which should have no bearing whatsover on a total pitching mismatch.

WTF?!?! Garza's already given up 4 runs (2 HR) in the top of the 1st! Maybe that stat does hold some merit.

moses millsap
    moses millsap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1260

Needless to say, the Twins suck. Game over.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Willie Bee View Post
    EP, do you really buy into the day of the week trends?
    Not that much, but I just looked at this one and it really did hold up well especially for the price for Seattle. Even Santana had been getting beat, as in just last Monday I believe vs. this same Seattle team. I always look closer at games too where the general consensus seems to be easy money one way or the other.