slewfan
    slewfan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10384

Umpire error

We as baseball bettors will be stuck with umpires calling balls and strikes ridiculously wrong for at least next season also.

Last night in the dodger Giants game, 9th inning, score tied 4-4 with the bases loaded for San Francisco and the umpire calls a third strike that was at least 3 in outside the strike zone. Did anybody else witness that. Of course there was two out and the three-two full count. Giants won anyway so good.

Baseball sucks. But I bet it anyway. What does that make me?

DrunkHorseplayer
    Redskins forever
    DrunkHorseplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19611

Been this way for over a hundred years, only difference is the enhanced tech. I would like to see the robots though and they are coming, within five years.

big joe 1212
    big joe 1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5365

I do not want to see robots or any other technology calling balls and strikes

They’ve already done enough to destroy our pastime with these ridiculous clocks
    Points Awarded:

19th Hole gave big joe 1212 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: hawkwind

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11901

Refs and umpires in all sports always screw up games. Nothing to see here.

Sucks though when you are on the losing betting end.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9245

I almost think I prefer the days of human error being part of the umpire/referee decisions.

Technology has massively changed soccer too.

But then I think about the threads we would have on here about rigged calls and games every day.

slewfan
    slewfan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10384

Then I guess some people prefer the games to be decided by human error. Which makes no sense.

Home plate umpires calling balls and strikes simply ruin the sport. Why bet a sport that often times is decided by “ human error” ..

I’ll say it again… Baseball suks because the balls and strikes calling is antiquated and inconsistent..

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    I almost think I prefer the days of human error being part of the umpire/referee decisions.

Technology has massively changed soccer too.

But then I think about the threads we would have on here about rigged calls and games every day.
    I honestly wouldn't mind going back "old school" either. In my younger days I always said.... wouldn't it be cool if they replayed everything to get it right? Well... even when we have replays... I've seen it 20 times or so... in which clearly the wrong call was made. It's still judgement while watching tape? lol You still can't make the correct call after watching it 30 times in a row? lol

Take me back to when guys used to fumble in football and the player was DOWN... but they still called it a fumble. It all evened out at the end of the season anyways. You got breaks... and you got had. I'd rather have it this way.